TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 18, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #6,796 of 24,683

It is my understanding that the PM4 will be compatible with the Sabre filters, so you could probably just use those. You can still use the head-fi discount to buy a Sabre. It is always useful to have a spare IEM anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the PM4 was going to be compatible with the Delta vII damped and un-damped filters, the ones in the Sabre are slimmer.
But that was before of the changes to the filters of the PM4, Bob has not given a lot of information about the new ones. The good thing is that it will ship in a few days/weeks and we will discover the changes soon 
beerchug.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #6,797 of 24,683
This is just simply my two cents. I am betting that if they switched to a single filter that was in between size of short and long- Trinity felt a new "medium size" filter probably provided good insertion, good depth and better overall isolation and universal

I am not sure have they shipped out and IEM with both long/short filters to consumers? Maybe the feedback necessitated the change since the filters were not really optimal in length?

The one thing that seems clear is that Bob doesn't make changes just for the sake of change but there is generally a good reason that motivates him

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #6,799 of 24,683
  As @Bobtrinity said before"The MASTER 6 and HUNTER will now come with 12 different filters offering 12 different sound signatures. We have made the standard size filters a little longer and we don't need to now offer the 2 lengths." So I mean PM4 will stay by 2 different length of filters.

Why did you feel the need to @   Bob?  You're not sending a message to him personally. Sorry but I just find it ridiculous how people continue to do that in this thread.

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #6,806 of 24,683
Hi guys!

It might be a silly questions, but could anyone help me to justify spending £225 on a new pair of IEMs? 
I'm excited about PM6s, however how would they compare to my IE80s?

I've read through more than 200 pages of this topic, however it's really hard to decide without trying the earphones
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #6,807 of 24,683
Hi guys!

It might be a silly questions, but could anyone help me to justify spending £225 on a new pair of IEMs? 

I've read through more than 200 pages of this topic, however it's really hard to decide without trying the earphones :confused_face_2:  

Really it's hard to justify or even compare. The only real insight we have as to their performance is Trinity Audio's track record and the opinion of Brooko, but based on that they should be fantastic at that price. They are a 6 driver IEM as compared to a single DD in the ie80, but that doesn't mean much. They also have 12 tuning options as compared to the bass dial on the ie80, so there is more customization. Other than that, they are made of machined aluminum, come with an excellent accessory package, and there are no knock-offs of them yet. So the decision is up to you. The PM6 may be a leap of faith, but that could end up leading to a great deal on a superb IEM.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #6,808 of 24,683
  Hi guys!

I've read through more than 200 pages of this topic, however it's really hard to decide without trying the earphones
confused_face_2.gif

@PL4Y3R 0N3 has summed it up pretty well. It's hard to tell you simply because only a select few people have heard them. Yes, it is quite expensive, but it has a tuneable system in order to fit wide signature preferences and based on previous IEMs, it will be built much better than the IE80. Likewise based on previous IEMs, it could prove to be good value even though it is certainly a tidy sum of money.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #6,809 of 24,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezior View Post

Hi guys!

I've read through more than 200 pages of this topic, however it's really hard to decide without trying the earphones :confused_face_2:

After reading this: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/17090 It makes me content with what Trinity offers for what you get and the price. I am glad I didn't pay top dollar, as that does not always mean that is what you get.

Then read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/823334/trinity-audio-phantom-sabre-earphone-review-by-mark2410#post_12944566 and this: http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-audio-engineering-phantom-sabre/reviews/17098

Then you can decide if paying that much is worth it or not. Otherwise get the 1964 and feel better paying more. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back