TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #5,956 of 24,683
I'm afraid you've missed the title of this thread: [COLOR=FF0000]TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]How many Phantoms are released so far?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000].[/COLOR]

You're being rather obstinate and disingenuous.

The Vyrus is a member of the new product line (as is the Atlas v2) and Phantoms in everything but name. The Kombi tips are a premium accessory designed to compliment the entire Phantom (et al) range.

You're totally entitled to express your opinion, of course, but let's be honest rather than sowing seeds of mistrust.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,957 of 24,683
You're being rather obstinate and disingenuous.

The Vyrus is a member of the new product line (as is the Atlas v2) and Phantoms in everything but name. The Kombi tips are a premium accessory designed to compliment the entire Phantom (et al) range.

You're totally entitled to express your opinion, of course, but let's be honest rather than sowing seeds of mistrust.

I see .... so that's why we can read hundreds of impressions of the Phantom series in this thread (which would be the purpose of the discussion).
They have my trust that's why I ordered the PM4 and paid almost two months ago (I assume you did the same and have a dog in this fight) without hearing or even seeing anything so you calling me dishonest is a little bit off.

That's why I said this thread should have been kept as a "Sponsor Announcements and Deals" until everything is released.
Anyways I have better things to do than speculate on the sound signature and fit of my PM4 - and no I don't want to change the cable yet to modify its sound as somebody already suggested.  
I will see when I get it and then we'll have something to talk about.

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #5,958 of 24,683

Oh man, I'm even more excited now, lol. I'm really interested in the Trinity "house sound" as Brooko coined it.

biggrin.gif
  I'd be wondering about the pm4 as well.  They are kind of like the person child of the phantom range.  We heard impressions of the Hunter, which sounded like something new and the pm6 was purported to take after it.  But the pm4...  I am confident BOB will make it sound great.  He isn't in the business of disappointing that's for sure.

I bet the pm4 will take you for quite an experience!
basshead.gif
  I know it will.

The house sound works really well with BA drivers IMO...  So you are starting off great already.  I don't know how much he will emphasize the V-shape house sound

Just one of those that's remaining behind the curtains is all.  

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #5,961 of 24,683
Sorry - will post first impressions tomorrow. But in brief:
- comfortable .... Yes
- good tuning options .... Yes
- vey good SQ ..... Yes

Reminds me a lot of the Fidue Sirius.

I need to get to bed - I graphed them tonight - will post tomorrow

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5,964 of 24,683
Sorry - will post first impressions tomorrow. But in brief:
- comfortable .... Yes
- good tuning options .... Yes
- vey good SQ ..... Yes

Reminds me a lot of the Fidue Sirius.

I need to get to bed - I graphed them tonight - will post tomorrow

huge relief for me. thanks!

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #5,966 of 24,683
I have to confess I was under the impression that collaborating reviewers (@Brooko and @Hisoundfi) were going to get the chance to review PM4 before consumers actually received them... now seems that is not the case.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken nobody outside Trinity has heard the PM4, prototype or final version ... unlike the Hunter and PM6.

I think Bob never said which models he would send the reviewers but considering the constant questions about it and that the PM4 is supposed to be the first to ship and that it sold quite a few units (from what I can gather from posts here) I was expecting to get some (savvy) first impressions on the PM4. 
blink.gif

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #5,967 of 24,683
  I have to confess I was under the impression that collaborating reviewers (@Brooko and @Hisoundfi) were going to get the chance to review PM4 before consumers actually received them... now seems that is not the case.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken nobody outside Trinity has heard the PM4, prototype or final version ... unlike the Hunter and PM6.

I think Bob never said which models he would send the reviewers but considering the constant questions about it and that the PM4 is supposed to be the first to ship and that it sold quite a few units (from what I can gather from posts here) I was expecting to get some (savvy) first impressions on the PM4. 
blink.gif

I have to agree with you AncientOne.

It seems like the PM4 was probably the most popular pre-order, sold the most units and is due to ship first. However the vast majority of the iformation we've received is regarding the Hunter and PM6 like you said... 

Sep 13, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #5,970 of 24,683
I have to agree with you AncientOne.

It seems like the PM4 was probably the most popular pre-order, sold the most units and is due to ship first. However the vast majority of the iformation we've received is regarding the Hunter and PM6 like you said... 

It's not that unusual in the wider audio world, and even by Trinity Audio. The Vyrus went through multiple revisions and a delay in the original expected shipping date, all without making it into the hands of a reviewer. They turned into something much better than most were expecting, so I wouldn't get too concerned about the lack of "press" on the PM4.

Bob is obviously happy with it based on the fact it is in production, so I'm sure it will turn out fine. In fact, as it has been selling so well (by the sounds of it), then there will be less incentive to get reviewers to write it up from Trinity's perspective until the preorder phase is over and they are selling at full retail, at which point there should be an ample supply of "savvy" reviewers to break down the sound for anyone who hasn't jumped onboard.

Bob & Co do look after the community here very well in terms of preorder add discounts, but they are still running a business at the end of the day. The more units they sell at a higher price on the long run, the better it will be for everyone, as that means more cash fur Trinity to spend developing the next crazy product (quad driver push/pull over-ears, anyone?).

Not long to go now, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back