TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #12,798 of 24,683

And you must have trust issues, eh? :p 

I honestly have no evidence of foul play, so why am I living with my eyes closed exactly? The site had 2 left a couple of weeks ago, now some are popping up. What's your explanation if it's not order cancellations like many have been saying they'd do?

Oh! I got your back. What you wanna do is try physically lifting each eyelid with both your hands. One hand per eyelid. You won't be able to use your hands too well while you do that so you can use your brand new sense of sight to spot some tape or something. 
wink.gif

But seriously for anyone expecting orders, may we all get them soon. Happy waiting! 

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #12,800 of 24,683
But there is no evidence of anything being ready or delivered still, where does your trust come from? Do you know trinity personally?

People have owned their products, they have reviews circulating, they're known by the community. They have communicated, they have sent out notices, we have actual pictures of items, there is movement. Nothing leads to believe that items have not been shipped out except people have not posted receiving said items. We are not 7000 people on this head-fi thread, yet their order numbers are in the 7000's. Some people have gotten shipping notices, others not. Other than noone voicing their reception of items here, there is no evidence of foul play, just sub-par communication.

Overall, for a pre-order scenario where there has been delays, panic has been insanely high. I am not panicking, as if this deal goes sour, I'm covered as a consumer with my credit card.

So no, I'm not in this blindly, I'm just rationalizing extenuating factors and have no reason to jump on the panic wagon :p

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #12,801 of 24,683
I'm not frustrated with the waiting. But annoyed with the lack of communication. Trinity audio messed up big time for fear of canceled orders and have been stalling for time. Hence some updates now and then. They don't convey anything except make people wait and not cancel.

They have succeeded in that by making us wait from end of Jan to end of March. And given everything that has happened, they will keep us waiting till end of April.

I don't see how anybody in North America can get their items any easier than mid April onwards. And those would be few only. The rest will be lucky to get it by end of April.

Yeah hope is free :)

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #12,802 of 24,683
I don't see how anybody in North America can get their items any easier than mid April onwards. And those would be few only. The rest will be lucky to get it by end of April.

Yeah hope is free :)

I'll get em when I get em. Hope may be free, but first world problems are forever. :D

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #12,803 of 24,683
People have owned their products, they have reviews circulating, they're known by the community. They have communicated, they have sent out notices, we have actual pictures of items, there is movement. Nothing leads to believe that items have not been shipped out except people have not posted receiving said items. We are not 7000 people on this head-fi thread, yet their order numbers are in the 7000's. Some people have gotten shipping notices, others not. Other than noone voicing their reception of items here, there is no evidence of foul play, just sub-par communication.

Overall, for a pre-order scenario where there has been delays, panic has been insanely high. I am not panicking, as if this deal goes sour, I'm covered as a consumer with my credit card.

So no, I'm not in this blindly, I'm just rationalizing extenuating factors and have no reason to jump on the panic wagon :p

I can appreciate that point of view.

However small companies fold all the time and with the best of intentions. (not suggesting trinity are).

Being overly optimistic is as bad as being cautious, you yourself stated paypal may or may not refund purchases/cancellations but you stated your covered by credit card?
So you are careful, but what about people with less protection.

Kickstarters or PayPal.

I am waiting as well and hope that everyone gets a great product.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #12,804 of 24,683
A company in the business of manufacturing and selling of goods needs to have a clear communication with its customers and especially its backers who are paying hefty amounts (even after discounts). We might say "ready to wait", "canceling", "first world problems"....

But the fact remains that the early backers have been strung along so far with this pm6, hunter, air, silver cables fiasco.

Then trinity is like every other company. All that trinity wanted to stand for has gone down the drain.

The icing on the top of the cake is the 30% cancelation fee for no fault of the buyer. Yeah we keep on kidding ourselves.

Trinity will deliver the items. No doubt. But they've done themselves extreme damage. And it was very clear to see back in January itself. But those who expressed their concerns were called whining, and other names.

And now quite a few say that on hindsight, we can see the mistakes. But not earlier.

Yeah it's a free country. Different strokes for different people.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #12,805 of 24,683
From all my dealings with Trinity i have complete confidence that they will honor their commitments. Trinity were born out of their passion in part due to this community. Maybe they have over reached and ambition to upgrade products have maybe caught them out, regarding demand and fulfillment i think Bob underestimated the order level. He is a passionate chap and am sure all will be right. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #12,806 of 24,683
I can appreciate that point of view.

However small companies fold all the time and with the best of intentions. (not suggesting trinity are).

Being overly optimistic is as bad as being cautious, you yourself stated paypal may or may not refund purchases/cancellations but you stated your covered by credit card?
So you are careful, but what about people with less protection.

Kickstarters or PayPal.

I am waiting as well and hope that everyone gets a great product.

I'm pretty cautious. I know my options. And credit card + Paypal will only refund if there is a wrong to make right. I merely stated that we're not at that point yet. :wink: And who here has less fraud protection on Paypal or credit card than I do? We're all on the same boat! But I'm informed as to what I can do in case a deal goes sour because I've had deals go sour... So I go into purchases like this with a known risk and when the point of no return is. If anyone has an hour of their time to factor in risk and contingency, they'll probably be in the same boat I am: 
popcorn.gif

Now we've 
deadhorse.gif
 about this, new promised ship date is this friday and people have gotten shipping notifications. :D 

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #12,807 of 24,683

Has really no one noticed your post? Shocking. I'd like to know! What happens when you click on "view your order" though? Does it just loop you back to saying your order is "fulfilled"? Because if that's an actual shipping notification and not just the standard preview page for "your order has been fulfilled", I'm sure you can excuse me if I get really pissed off at you because I ordered mine back in the middle of last year and I haven't heard a peep
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #12,808 of 24,683
Then trinity is like every other company. All that trinity wanted to stand for has gone down the drain.

The icing on the top of the cake is the 30% cancelation fee for no fault of the buyer. Yeah we keep on kidding ourselves.

Hasn't gone down the drain entirely, it partially did. And they're pretty much aware, I think.

The 30% cancellation fee is fair, as it's a total nuisance once you're in production to refund a pre-order device. That's fair business which you signed up for when you clicked "buy". :wink: It was written down in the terms and conditions... 

In other words: The world is not ready for crowdfunding or pre-orders. :p 

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #12,809 of 24,683
A company in the business of manufacturing and selling of goods needs to have a clear communication with its customers and especially its backers who are paying hefty amounts (even after discounts). We might say "ready to wait", "canceling", "first world problems"....

But the fact remains that the early backers have been strung along so far with this pm6, hunter, air, silver cables fiasco.

Trinity will deliver the items. No doubt. But they've done themselves extreme damage. And it was very clear to see back in January itself. But those who expressed their concerns were called whining, and other names.

And now quite a few say that on hindsight, we can see the mistakes. But not earlier.

Yeah it's a free country. Different strokes for different people.

Keeping communication going is their best bet to keep and regain customer satisfaction. It'd be nice if we got the filters updated on the website, some clarification on a few things, more pictures, etc etc but they're busy shipping orders. If we had a report of a single tracking number this whole "debate" would be long over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back