TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 21, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #916 of 24,683
  Based on what you're listening to now, I think that you'll find one of the filters at least to be to your liking considering how many filters there are. I haven't listened to the A73 yet, but I did own an X1 (recently sold just to pare down the collection a little) and it skews on the slightly warmer side, very friendly to people like you who are a little sensitive to treble. I read that the A73 is the same way so it makes sense that you chose that IEM as well.

I can't say I have a definitive answer for choosing between the Master 6 with more budget or staying lower budget to keep the wife happy with the Sabre, but here's my two cents anyway. I say go for the Master 6. I say this because I know that when Bob says the Master 6 will do an overall better job, I can believe him on that. If I get that, I know I've gotten the best he's able to make and won't really have need for anything else due to the tuning filters. So in this case, you might save money in the long run by going straight to the top instead of spending money on successively better IEMs.

Good luck with the decision though!

Lol. I mean, if he does the college cup noodle diet for like the next month, he'd have enough right? Though I can't guarantee he'd be alive enough to buy it after that diet....
tongue.gif

LOL, well Midge I hear you but this is Head-fi and I always feel obligated to "Help a brother out"
wink_face.gif
His wallet is a whole nutha story
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #917 of 24,683
  I get that and I certainly wasn't trying to devalue that fact I just want to make that crystal clear! The statement I made was certainly made to be light hearted. How many times have you actually bought something and then been disappointed at the results because the product was overhyped. I know it's been the cause for a lot of my losses.

Exactly. Too much money and time is wasted on overly hyped products. :)

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #921 of 24,683

Sorry - it's nowhere near the HD600.  I don't know of any IEM that is, and expecting that sort of with and depth is a bit unrealistic with a sealed IEM.

It's a reasonably spacious sounding earphone, but it's not the width of stage or the depth which is the strong point.  The stage is probably about average for a good IEM. And that should actually tell you it is above average overall. It's strength lies more in its imaging, and very clear spatial cues.

And I 'm actually listening to the Sabre as I type this.  I'll try and give you a bit more info tomorrow.  Very late here - and I need to hit the sack.

Yep , that's clear , one sealed iem can not sound as an open back hp. Thats why I asked this.    
smile_phones.gif
  Keep on!  Waiting for your impressions Brooko

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #922 of 24,683
  Based on what you're listening to now, I think that you'll find one of the filters at least to be to your liking considering how many filters there are. I haven't listened to the A73 yet, but I did own an X1 (recently sold just to pare down the collection a little) and it skews on the slightly warmer side, very friendly to people like you who are a little sensitive to treble. I read that the A73 is the same way so it makes sense that you chose that IEM as well.

I can't say I have a definitive answer for choosing between the Master 6 with more budget or staying lower budget to keep the wife happy with the Sabre, but here's my two cents anyway. I say go for the Master 6. I say this because I know that when Bob says the Master 6 will do an overall better job, I can believe him on that. If I get that, I know I've gotten the best he's able to make and won't really have need for anything else due to the tuning filters. So in this case, you might save money in the long run by going straight to the top instead of spending money on successively better IEMs.

Good luck with the decision though!

Lol. I mean, if he does the college cup noodle diet for like the next month, he'd have enough right? Though I can't guarantee he'd be alive enough to buy it after that diet....
tongue.gif

Thank you very much.  You hit the nail on the head about everything.(yes I do like the warmer side of the music side just easier on my ears).

I am leaning to biting the bullet and going Master 6.  Why not right what do I have to lose, a few pounds( money and weight) as my wife will cut something off anyway.  Besides I live in the US and I will not let her know there is a conversion, so I might only lose an arm or a leg but not both. 

Master 6 with BT lanyard looks like the best overall choice.  No more wanting more right?  That won't happen here at Head Fi???

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #923 of 24,683
I decided to take the plunge and pre-order the Sabre. I was on the fence between them and the Audio Technica, but the pre-order price combined with the headfi discount made them a bargain in comparison, not to mention the removable cable and multiple filters. I had originally ordered the Vyrus, but Bob was cool and let me change the order for the Sabres (I still might get them in the future, as I want an everyday pair). This will be my first Trinity pair (I recently got the RHA 750 and the Titan 3) and I decided to get them based on the reviews of Trinity's other offerings plus the reputation of Bob and the company on headfi.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #924 of 24,683
I decided to take the plunge and pre-order the Sabre. I was on the fence between them and the Audio Technica, but the pre-order price combined with the headfi discount made them a bargain in comparison, not to mention the removable cable and multiple filters. I had originally ordered the Vyrus, but Bob was cool and let me change the order for the Sabres (I still might get them in the future, as I want an everyday pair). This will be my first Trinity pair (I recently got the RHA 750 and the Titan 3) and I decided to get them based on the reviews of Trinity's other offerings plus the reputation of Bob and the company on headfi.

I don't think you can use the discount code with the pre-order :x at least you couldn't before. The system allows you but i don't know if your order will be accepted

Edit: The info was incorrect, you can use the discount code.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #926 of 24,683
Thank you very much.  You hit the nail on the head about everything.(yes I do like the warmer side of the music side just easier on my ears).

I am leaning to biting the bullet and going Master 6.  Why not right what do I have to lose, a few pounds( money and weight) as my wife will cut something off anyway.  Besides I live in the US and I will not let her know there is a conversion, so I might only lose an arm or a leg but not both. 

Master 6 with BT lanyard looks like the best overall choice.  No more wanting more right?  That won't happen here at Head Fi???

If money is tight Sabre would be a great choice, wait for the impressions before making any decision that could cost you your left nut :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back