TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 19, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #8,072 of 24,683
They are very revealing so badly produced / ripped will be bad. But ive tried a mix of mp3, flac and wav and not found anuthing too bad. In fact the oposite some tracks i had trouble with because of sibilance i can now listen too as the pm4 is very controlled.
I'd say somewhat u shaped with the neutral filters. I cant decide if i prefer thise or the gold damped.

Sorry only use a dap x5ii.

Deathgrip by fit for a king sounds good. You can hear all the detail and the pm4 keep up easily with his type of music. Now back to hardwired :)

Thanks fo the info! Glad to hear they sound so good!

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #8,073 of 24,683
1, No, poorly mastered will represent that. However, the upside, feed it quality, and well... sit back and enjoy.
2, closer to u shaped with the gun metal, the gold offer neutrality in comparison.
3, Apple free zone, out of Fiio X7, X3ii and X3 og, the PM4 are faithful to the source.
4, The clarity and detail shine through on tracks from Shinedown. Nothing is lost in the mix, very emotive.

I guess that's fine. I don't think any of my favorite songs are too poorly mastered so it should be okay.
Maybe time to upgrade from the fiio x1 huh.
I'm glad to hear it's doing well with metal. Hopefully the PM6 will be a huge step up from the ma750 I currently have.

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #8,074 of 24,683
1, No, poorly mastered will represent that. However, the upside, feed it quality, and well... sit back and enjoy.
2, closer to u shaped with the gun metal, the gold offer neutrality in comparison.
3, Apple free zone, out of Fiio X7, X3ii and X3 og, the PM4 are faithful to the source.
4, The clarity and detail shine through on tracks from Shinedown. Nothing is lost in the mix, very emotive.

Ohh, Shinedown
beerchug.gif

Have to say, I love their acoustic versions of "I Dare You", "Save me" and... and.. and the other acoustic bonus track from the same album, whose name I can't remember
redface.gif

"Someday, when it's over..." Truly staggering stripped back guitar and vocals
basshead.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #8,075 of 24,683
I guess that's fine. I don't think any of my favorite songs are too poorly mastered so it should be okay.
Maybe time to upgrade from the fiio x1 huh.
I'm glad to hear it's doing well with metal. Hopefully the PM6 will be a huge step up from the ma750 I currently have.

Not listened to an X1 but, I would hazard a guess that the 4's will bring the best of it.
They are rich in detail and clarity, hence, if it's in the recording, it's channelled to the ears.

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #8,076 of 24,683
Ohh, Shinedown :beerchug:

Have to say, I love their acoustic versions of "I Dare You", "Save me" and... and.. and the other acoustic bonus track from the same album, whose name I can't remember :xf_eek:
"Someday, when it's over..." Truly staggering stripped back guitar and vocals :basshead:

Everyone needs at least one opportunity to hear them. Sound of madness was my introduction. Fantastic collection, accompanied with some powerful ballads :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #8,077 of 24,683
Which filter and tips have you settled with ?
Well suited for Trance/EDM ?

Hi,

Have tested all the filters now, my favourite has to be the dampened gold. I'm using the Kombi tips.

I mainly listen to a range of Trance, with some rock, pop and small amounts of other genres tossed in.

They are well suited for Trance, the bass hits deep and hard enough, whilst retaining impressive instrumental clarity and separation. Female vocals are enveloping and luscious.

Standout tracks for me
Sia - Breathe Me
Armin van Buuren with Gabriel & Dresden - Zocalo
Armin van Buuren - Intense
Dash Berlin ft Emma Hewitt - Waiting
Lost Tribe - Gamemaster
BT - Force of Gravity
Paul Webster ft Angelic Amanda - Time (Sean Tyas Remix)
Oceanlab - Breaking Ties
Enigma - Return to Innocence
Thunderstone - Land of Innocence
Evanescence - Hello
Shawn Mullins - Lullaby
Illitheas - Last Forever

There's lots more but should give you something to go off :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #8,078 of 24,683
Not listened to an X1 but, I would hazard a guess that the 4's will bring the best of it.
They are rich in detail and clarity, hence, if it's in the recording, it's channelled to the ears.

That's good, but I'm actually waiting for the 6's. That's why I'm even considering upgrading. I think that I'd have to go well into the $1000 range to get a marked upgrade over the PM6, so I'm thinking about upgrading to the x5ii but I'm still trying to decide.
I'm just asking about the PM4 because I'm going crazy trying to wait for the PM6. XD

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #8,079 of 24,683
That's good, but I'm actually waiting for the 6's. That's why I'm even considering upgrading. I think that I'd have to go well into the $1000 range to get a marked upgrade over the PM6, so I'm thinking about upgrading to the x5ii but I'm still trying to decide.
I'm just asking about the PM4 because I'm going crazy trying to wait for the PM6. XD

I have an x1 and e12a but mostly use my x5ii now. I have to say the pm4s really show up the improvement in the x5ii over the x1. So much so i think its time to sell mine on and the e12a. I cant sew myself using the x1 again. Possibly get a cowon m2 or p1 instead.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #8,080 of 24,683

I have an x1 and e12a but mostly use my x5ii now. I have to say the pm4s really show up the improvement in the x5ii over the x1. So much so i think its time to sell mine on and the e12a. I cant sew myself using the x1 again. Possibly get a cowon m2 or p1 instead.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #8,082 of 24,683

I originally ordered the PM6, but decided to take a plunge on the PM4s in late Sept. I have no regrets, I'd like to think the PM4 will compliment the PM6, they are an outstanding IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back