TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #6,138 of 24,683
Best, first, same thing right? I'm new to the hi-fi world so I don't have much of a collection.

Well, I'm not gonna hype it up too much but you're in for a treat 
wink_face.gif

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #6,139 of 24,683
why does it say fulfilled to pm4 and Hyperion? if only thing I got were the spinfit tips?

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #6,141 of 24,683
You have until this coming Friday

May be buying my own birthday present this year then. :D
Any Black Friday or cyber Monday deals I can look foward to on it? I kinda want to wait till it's closer to my birthday but if this is the best price I'll get I may have to purchase it early.
Well, I'm not gonna hype it up too much but you're in for a treat :wink_face:

I sure hope so! All I have to go on is a few comments about the prototype and hype, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #6,142 of 24,683
I'm planning to buy the PM6 This Friday. Will the price be at 260.09 USDs or the converted price of 200 Euros (223.16 USDs)?

$260 though I went through PayPal and they charged me $270

When on the Trinity site on the pop up menu you can choose the currency you want displayed

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #6,143 of 24,683
$260 though I went through PayPal and they charged me $270

When on the Trinity site on the pop up menu you can choose the currency you want displayed

Thanks. I'm hardly going to be able to afford the PM6. I'll have just enough. I guess it's worth it.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #6,144 of 24,683
Thanks. I'm hardly going to be able to afford the PM6. I'll have just enough. I guess it's worth it.

Will hopefully be. Also remember its still going through final tuning so it may be a good 2-3 Months away

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #6,145 of 24,683

Yah I'd contact @Bobtrinity about that because it may end soon, but I honestly don't know.  It would be a shame if you missed the discount.

The problem is at canjam it was a non-impressive prototype and even thought they had good quality (specially for the price) i dont want another v-shaped IEM's and im stil waiting for @Bobtrinity to put me on ease regarding that.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #6,146 of 24,683

The problem is at canjam it was a non-impressive prototype and even thought they had good quality (specially for the price) i dont want another v-shaped IEM's and im stil waiting for @Bobtrinity to put me on ease regarding that.

Very understandable.  I have the same preference.  I don't want to spend that money on a V-shape IEM.  I don't want completely neutral however, but something in between that has a strong degree of NATURALNESS to it.  Where ever that balance is in between something apparently V-shape and completely neutral. 

I had those concerns until, regarding the Hunter, @Brooko did say he was working with @Bobtrinity who wanted to dampen down the upper frequencies present, of the hunter.  I think it was a couple days ago if i am not mistaken.  I may be off, but it was this past week.  

And @Bobtrinity said he was modeling the sound of the m6 after the Hunter so whatever sound BOB produces out of the hunter, is safe to say the signature you will basically get out of the m6.

I do recall everyone had hesitations about the m6 prototype at can jam, but they did mention it was still in the early stages of development that is basically being led by the development of the Hunter right now.

but were you able to listen to the Hunter and get some impressions on that?

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #6,147 of 24,683

Very understandable.  I have the same preference.  I don't want to spend that money on a V-shape IEM.  I don't want completely neutral however, but something in between that has a strong degree of NATURALNESS to it.  Where ever that balance is in between something apparently V-shape and completely neutral. 

I had those concerns until, regarding the Hunter, @Brooko did say he was working with @Bobtrinity who wanted to dampen down the upper frequencies present, of the hunter.  I think it was a couple days ago if i am not mistaken.  I may be off, but it was this past week.  

And @Bobtrinity said he was modeling the sound of the m6 after the Hunter so whatever sound BOB produces out of the hunter, is safe to say the signature you will basically get out of the m6.

I do recall everyone had hesitations about the m6 prototype at can jam, but they did mention it was still in the early stages of development that is basically being led by the development of the Hunter right now.

All very good points (Indigo) Bob!
Just to back you up, I heard the PM6 prototype and the Hunter at CanJam.
We knew that the PM6 was a flawed prototype, so I didn't pay that much attention to it as the tuning was clearly off.
However, the Hunter demo was close to being completed and sounded exceptional.
As posted before, it was remarkable in that nothing especially stood out (as I was subconsciously expecting in a high level IEM), but as I listened, I realised it was just playing everything naturally and beautifully, with oustanding clarity, detail and a natural musicality.
If they've been able (as described by Bob and Brooko) to tweak the sound and enhance this natural musicality even further, that bodes very, very well for the final product!
Similarly, it's been said by them on several occasions that the PM6 is designed to have the same sound signature as the Hunter, so again, this bodes very, very well for the final product!
beyersmile.png

Sep 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #6,148 of 24,683

No i was just commenting regarding the other members impressions.

I agree regarding "naturelness" even though i prefer good mids above anything else, but i really want the same as you, that good middle ground that i can tweak with the filters if needed. In the Atlas i always felt the mids a little more recessed than i like even though the rest is definitely above its price point.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #6,149 of 24,683
  All very good points (Indigo) Bob!
Just to back you up, I heard the PM6 prototype and the Hunter at CanJam.
We knew that the PM6 was a flawed prototype, so I didn't pay that much attention to it as the tuning was clearly off.
However, the Hunter demo was close to being completed and sounded exceptional.
As posted before, it was remarkable in that nothing especially stood out (as I was subconsciously expecting in a high level IEM), but as I listened, I realised it was just playing everything naturally and beautifully, with oustanding clarity, detail and a natural musicality.
If they've been able (as described by Bob and Brooko) to tweak the sound and enhance this natural musicality even further, that bodes very, very well for the final product!
Similarly, it's been said by them on several occasions that the PM6 is designed to have the same sound signature as the Hunter, so again, this bodes very, very well for the final product!
beyersmile.png

Thank you.  like @Walderstorn I have been trying to discern what the signature of the m6 is going to sound like for the same reasons.

Thank you for the reassurance and very much so for the validating description
smily_headphones1.gif
...  it sounds like something I honestly have never heard before and I can't wait to hear it.
rolleyes.gif
  I am quite excited now
biggrin.gif

No i was just commenting regarding the other members impressions.

I agree regarding "naturelness" even though i prefer good mids above anything else, but i really want the same as you, that good middle ground that i can tweak with the filters if needed. In the Atlas i always felt the mids a little more recessed than i like even though the rest is definitely above its price point.

Apologies.  I agree, I have missed the mids that have been recessed in past models, (still love the delta vII/ delta atlas sound signature, though).  I would like to have a middle ground to tweak around as well.  

I only wished to share that because it wasn't until @Brooko reported their tweak to dampen the upper frequencies of the hunter did i feel the confidence that logic above concluded to and finally put at ease from those concerns i shared.  And how @Layman1 put it, I can say I have no worries at all anymore.

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #6,150 of 24,683
And how @Layman1 put it, I can say I have no worries at all anymore.

Well, that's very nice to hear, but now I feel nervous in case I'm setting anyone up for disappointment, haha..

I've listened to some top end IEM's, such as the JH Audio Roxanne and Layla, Noble Katana and K10 etc.
They have all wowed me in various ways, but the Hunter was very different in that, unlike those others, no particular area of the sound signature especially stood out; I just slowly became aware that I was hearing something very good, but I'd failed to notice it because of how natural it felt.
A bit like the analogy of a frog being placed in boiling water vs in water of steadily increasing temperature.*

It may be that some hear it and dislike it for that very reason.
As the standard disclaimer goes, I'm just one voice stating my own subjective opinion, and it should be taken as no more than that.

*no frogs were harmed in the making of this analogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back