TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 22, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #20,177 of 24,683
air today gone tomorrow

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #20,180 of 24,683
Oaky doaky, will try and do a brief comparison this evening. At the moment I'd say the IT03 is more to my liking. No filters, easy to change tips, just plug em in and your good to go. I'd like to put at least 100 hours on them before to make a better comparison. One thing I will say about the 03 is brilliant value and you will not be disappointed if you buy them. Anyway I will try and get something on here this evening for you.
Here you go Spaceman24.
Just got home and having an Icarus III/IT03 comparison. I've got the red filters on and will just keep to these for the moment. I did try some of the other filters yesterday, can't remember which ones, but all I can say is I didn't like most. So when the Icarus III have had some time, I'll go through all the filters systematically so I can get a much more realistic sound signature for each and hopefully have a few that I like and can swap round.
The IT03 sound very balanced compared to the Icarus III. IT03 bass is tight and fast , when the sub bass kicks in you can then really feel that rumble.
Treble is detailed,nice sparkle and certainly not too bright or piercing highs.
The mids aren't as forward but sit nicely behind the treble, again fairly detailed.
Both male,female vocals are presented very well and are placed a little forward of a nice wide soundstage.
Icarus IIIs bass is much heavier and spills over just about everything making everything sound veiled.
Treble is not very bright, no piercing highs and no sparkle(completely different story with other filters)
Mids could do with being more forward, sound very distant.
Female vocals sound better placed and more forward than male vocals, sounds like the male vocal is getting overshadowed by the bass.
Soundstage is not as wide as the IT03.
Little or no sibilance on either.
When I first got the IT03,the bass was heavy and the treble was very piercing and after burning in the bass tightened right up, the treble calmed down remarkably and the mids came forward making theIT03 an excellent buy.
So hopefully the Icarus after burning in will sound like a different animal to how it does now. As I am listening to the Icarus, I can hear a lot of detail waiting to burst through and I think it will turn into a very nice sounding Iem.
I'm sure we will hear some very detailed reviews very soon by much more qualified people than myself. I'll be playing around with the filters/tips over the next week or so and post the improvements as I find them.
If I had to choose one of these, it would be the IT03 in a heartbeat but I may think differently in a week or so. Good luck

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #20,181 of 24,683
I've owned the Masters for many months. I'd give them a solid 8. Sound is very good, maybe an 8.5 for sound itself. Very clear, detailed, present across all frequencies. My biggest problem is there isn't one filter combo that blows me away. Most people like either Gold, Silver, or Red. The Gold are nice, but lack a bit when it comes to dynamics and falls behind the Delta (v1) when comparing timbre. The instruments simply dont come to life as much, while the master is a bit clearer, you don't feel the hit of the drums or the vibration from a guitar as much. It all also feels slower. The Reds are pretty V-shaped. They are more fun to listen to, but have some of the same problems as the gold. The Silvers are also V-shaped but i don't see any huge advantages to them over the reds.

In the end, I'll probably look to sell the Masters. While their sound is agreeable, and the build quality is nothing short of excellent, the housing is simply too large and tip dependent. And the sound (particularly the bass) is very dependent on getting a good fit, something I struggle with for whatever reason. My biggest complaint is the weight. Compound large heavy metal frames with a thick cord and heavy 3.5mm detachment point and things really start weighing you down. Unfortunately, because the Icarus III and IV have the same design as the Master, I will likely not come back to Trinity anytime soon. I will, however, keep my Delta V1. They are all-around excellent. I'm also looking forward to receiving the Phantom Air, if that ever happens.

My plan of attack now is to spend a bit more to get something with sound comparable to the Delta but with larger soundstack and better imaging. Right now that is either the Oriveti New Primacy, iBasso IT03, or FLC8s.

Jul 22, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #20,182 of 24,683
I've owned the Masters for many months. I'd give them a solid 8. Sound is very good, maybe an 8.5 for sound itself. Very clear, detailed, present across all frequencies. My biggest problem is there isn't one filter combo that blows me away. Most people like either Gold, Silver, or Red. The Gold are nice, but lack a bit when it comes to dynamics and falls behind the Delta (v1) when comparing timbre. The instruments simply dont come to life as much, while the master is a bit clearer, you don't feel the hit of the drums or the vibration from a guitar as much. It all also feels slower. The Reds are pretty V-shaped. They are more fun to listen to, but have some of the same problems as the gold. The Silvers are also V-shaped but i don't see any huge advantages to them over the reds.

In the end, I'll probably look to sell the Masters. While their sound is agreeable, and the build quality is nothing short of excellent, the housing is simply too large and tip dependent. And the sound (particularly the bass) is very dependent on getting a good fit, something I struggle with for whatever reason. My biggest complaint is the weight. Compound large heavy metal frames with a thick cord and heavy 3.5mm detachment point and things really start weighing you down. Unfortunately, because the Icarus III and IV have the same design as the Master, I will likely not come back to Trinity anytime soon. I will, however, keep my Delta V1. They are all-around excellent. I'm also looking forward to receiving the Phantom Air, if that ever happens.

My plan of attack now is to spend a bit more to get something with sound comparable to the Delta but with larger soundstack and better imaging. Right now that is either the Oriveti New Primacy, iBasso IT03, or FLC8s.
Regardless of which, keep on with the Delta V1, and see if you can get another IEM to complement it. You can split the listening times.
That's what I do! Even though Lyra 2 sounds way better than Vyrus 1 IMO. I still listen to Vyrus 1 cause it's still a good iem to me. Still able to like it's sound.
kinda wish I still had the Delta V-II

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #20,183 of 24,683
Regardless of which, keep on with the Delta V1, and see if you can get another IEM to complement it. You can split the listening times.
That's what I do! Even though Lyra 2 sounds way better than Vyrus 1 IMO. I still listen to Vyrus 1 cause it's still a good iem to me. Still able to like it's sound.
I definitely will. The Delta V1 was my first really good IEM. It's a gem: lightweight, well-built, and packs one heck of a punch. It'll be hard to find something that complements it but i'll be on the lookout.

How did the Delta V2 compare to the Vyrus 1? I reaaaaaly wish Trinity would make a Delta V3. Seriously, keep a similar but larger design (make it like a DUNU 2000j), add a driver, and keep the sound signature.

Jul 22, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #20,184 of 24,683
I definitely will. The Delta V1 was my first really good IEM. It's a gem: lightweight, well-built, and packs one heck of a punch. It'll be hard to find something that complements it but i'll be on the lookout.

How did the Delta V2 compare to the Vyrus 1? I reaaaaaly wish Trinity would make a Delta V3. Seriously, keep a similar but larger design (make it like a DUNU 2000j), add a driver, and keep the sound signature.
I honestly liked Delta V2 more than Vyrus V1.

:c Delta V2 casing was like a bullet shell, it created this pain in my ear. The circular casing still began creating more pain throughout span of a month. But it was the best Trinity Earphone I listened to so far.
I would definitely support you with the Delta V3. Just improve upon the design but keep that same signature.

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #20,185 of 24,683

I had ordered the re issue of delta v1 which was basically a v2 inside....sadly they just disappeared totally, took off website and shipping for 5 months lol...i cancelled in the end which was the start of me cancelling my hunter .
Anyway damn shame they disappeared I was realy looking forward to those.

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #20,186 of 24,683
I had ordered the re issue of delta v1 which was basically a v2 inside....sadly they just disappeared totally, took off website and shipping for 5 months lol...i cancelled in the end which was the start of me cancelling my hunter .
Anyway damn shame they disappeared I was realy looking forward to those.
giphy.gif

Perhaps the Atlas-Delta have gone to another realm.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #20,189 of 24,683
I still use me Deltas with gold undamped filters and spiral dots occasionally to reference other IEMs to them. I agree on timbre, very weak point on the Masters. I practically gave my Masters away to a friend yesterday, he enjoy them a lot as they sound exciting and overly dynamic after my blood sweat and tears with the filters. He doesn't listen to anything with vocals so they suit him perfectly.

I had high hopes from Trinity as their first IEM was a stunning beginning, but I don't see them moving in the right direction. They were really onto something trying to fuse the advantages of BA's and DD's while eliminating their disadvantages. But they took a wrong turn somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back