TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 30, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #17,821 of 24,683
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the 4-pin cable that came with the Masters for? Would guess it's a balanced cable, but it's a 3,5mm connector and I know no DAP which features a balanced jack of that size.

That cable was originally produced as balanced cable for the Pono Player. I use it with both of mine.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #17,823 of 24,683
Yay both you and midget guy are around sf. Im south bay.
Hey since you listen to electronic. Check this out!
Oh no, I'm not in the SF area. I'm up in Seattle, WA, but my Hunter got processed through the international sorting center in SF this past weekend :D

And not bad, though not quite the subgenre I tend to listen to on a daily basis. More like this stuff, which sometimes also mixes genres (you'll note that the last one is a mix of electronic and hip-hop/rap:

You can feel free to run through the small list of stuff I chose on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/midgetguy/sets/the-right-tracks

You raise a good dream :)
Also What if Trinity Audio had someone advertising their products (existing ones that can be shipped)! Not preorder ones that would be a debacle!
They do: head-banging punk-rocker nose-ring guy! :p

I do believe you will receive your Hunter first as being closer to San Francisco.
Well, a little bit. Same coast at least. Where were you at again?

May 30, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #17,824 of 24,683
Oh no, I'm not in the SF area. I'm up in Seattle, WA, but my Hunter got processed through the international sorting center in SF this past weekend :D

And not bad, though not quite the subgenre I tend to listen to on a daily basis. More like this stuff, which sometimes also mixes genres (you'll note that the last one is a mix of electronic and hip-hop/rap:

You can feel free to run through the small list of stuff I chose on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/midgetguy/sets/the-right-tracks

They do: head-banging punk-rocker nose-ring guy! :p

Well, a little bit. Same coast at least. Where were you at again?

Colorado.

May 30, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #17,827 of 24,683
You're right! Apparently shipping is 2-3 day's, so should be this week anyway.
Yup, I'm waiting for mine to show up hopefully by about Thursday.

On a much sadder note, NOOO!!!! Right shell separated on my Vyrus 2. Not a good sign since I'm incredibly careful with how I handle my IEMs. Haven't even had them that long, just a bit over a month. Guess it's time I shot Kieran an email....

May 30, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #17,828 of 24,683
Yup, I'm waiting for mine to show up hopefully by about Thursday.

On a much sadder note, NOOO!!!! Right shell separated on my Vyrus 2. Not a good sign since I'm incredibly careful with how I handle my IEMs. Haven't even had them that long, just a bit over a month. Guess it's time I shot Kieran an email....

I'm not sure Trinity has a handle on the shipping sistuation yet. Receive a reply from Kieran today from an e-mail sent on the 21st about the status of my Hunter. Even provided the order number. Apparently he does not know that it has already been shipped as he told me mine would be sent when the final batch is completed. Rather odd!

Well that's not good news about your Vyrus 2! Looks like I will have to be even more careful with mine!

May 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #17,829 of 24,683
I'm not sure Trinity has a handle on the shipping sistuation yet. Receive a reply from Kieran today from an e-mail sent on the 21st about the status of my Hunter. Even provided the order number. Apparently he does not know that it has already been shipped as he told me mine would be sent when the final batch is completed. Rather odd!

Well that's not good news about your Vyrus 2! Looks like I will have to be even more careful with mine!
Nope, seems they don't have a system in place yet to have everyone on the same page. Hope they fix that soon.

I hope yours doesn't turn out as fragile as mine. Haven't dropped it, haven't hit it on anything, always kept it nicely coiled in the case when not in use and never pulled them out of my ears using the cable. And somehow, the shell still separated. I hope this is not the sort of recurring problem they're going to have with all their shells...

May 30, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #17,830 of 24,683
My Vyrus v1 has held up quite for the (almost) year that I've had them.

May 30, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #17,832 of 24,683
I'd thought I'd revisit the various filters on my master, still not sure what the best setup is for me.

Has anyone noticed how different the gunmetal filters impact the sound on the Master vs. trinity's other offerings? The gunmetals are my go to filter for my delta, vyrus, and pm4, but they are unlistenable on the master. Mids are way to recessed and uppers are quite a bit veiled, to my ears. This is not the type of impact these filters have on my other earphones.

May 30, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #17,833 of 24,683
Cannot judge for the master, on the pm6 it is not the case.
btw I am truly enjoying the pm6 with red filters (currently listening to Tidal playlist Riff it up). Still, they are bright, so anybody waiting for them is warned. Only way to tame them is foam tips (that I cannot use) but for me they are what I expected.

May 30, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #17,834 of 24,683
Cannot judge for the master, on the pm6 it is not the case.
btw I am truly enjoying the pm6 with red filters (currently listening to Tidal playlist Riff it up). Still, they are bright, so anybody waiting for them is warned. Only way to tame them is foam tips (that I cannot use) but for me they are what I expected.
uh oh, does that mean the treble is hot?

Well I hope I can handle it's brightness. I'm not sure how bright though, only way to find out.

May 30, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #17,835 of 24,683
Ti me they are not too bright except with the filters I mentioned earlier on. They are very easy to drive but once I plugged them on my space DAC and vacuum dacs, they got even better (well the latter gives them some warmth also)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back