TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 24, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #17,446 of 24,683
I'm finding the Hunter sharper than I like on some of the more treble-centric filters, but certainly nowhere near the levels of the PM4. Around half the filters are "listenable" for me (and by that, I mean enjoyable, not merely tolerable) with the others sounding a bit too sharp and thin or otherwise not ideal for my preferences. I think that's a pretty good ratio, as I imagine lovers of bright cans like the Beyerdynamic range or the HD800 will probably gravitate towards the filters I am leaving out.

It has a lot of emphasis on detail (someone suggested a spike in the high mids, but I don't have any measuring equipment so will have to wait for someone with the right gear to confirm), so with badly mastered tracks it doesn't really play too nicely either if there is harshness in the recording.

I'm not overly treble sensitive (my sensitivity comes a little further down in the frequency range) though, so as always, YMMV.

Well that sounds pretty positive, i can be a little treble sensitive but going on the master and sabre filters i only realy liked the gold found the purple a bit bright for me , how would you say they compare on sibilance to the master??

May 24, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #17,447 of 24,683
UPDATE: Kieran told me they are shipping me a Master instead of AD. And there was NO prior email informing me about it. If I had not email them just now I would have been sent a Master, while expecting an Atlas Delta. I've just cancelled the order. The Master I have on hand will be my last pair of Trinity's IEM.

PS: Those of you who are like me and don't want a Master instead of AD, do check with Trinity about what IEM are they sending you.
Same here.
I asked if my atlas delta have been shipped (i would have assumed so, since in the update they said "we have shipped the vast majority"), but the answer was that they are shipped this week and i will get a Master.

I canceled my order since i already bought and received a Master IEM.

May 24, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #17,449 of 24,683
Still no Pm6 here in Sweden. Going on a trip on Sunday and would have loved to bring it with me, but it doesn't look good to be honest. If I'm lucky it's waiting for me when I get back home a week later.

Too bad there aren't many impressions out there. It's almost like I'm not even excited anymore.

May 24, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #17,450 of 24,683
Still no Pm6 here in Sweden. Going on a trip on Sunday and would have loved to bring it with me, but it doesn't look good to be honest. If I'm lucky it's waiting for me when I get back home a week later.

Too bad there aren't many impressions out there. It's almost like I'm not even excited anymore.
I'm from India and I received mine today.
Quick first impression
1. Much better fit and less weight than Master
2. It is more analytical than master
3. So far sounds good with gold damped, green, blue and gunmetal filters

My source is : AK jr.

May 24, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #17,451 of 24,683

Feeling sympathetic for Swedes as you live in such horribly cold country. So let this link be my contribution on helping you guys:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/introducing-trinity-audio-engineering.760277/page-313

So it seem to be that people are slowly getting them around the globe.

BTW, if someone has more impressions on Icarus 3 from CanJam, I would appreciate..

May 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #17,460 of 24,683

I just picked up my Master 6. It arrived Monday at Gavle.

Still waiting for Master.

Edit - Forgot to mention i got every accessory including a black case, tips, adaptor, etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back