TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 9, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #16,321 of 24,683
Hunters now £650! Wowee wow....

Now, when it's sold out already why would you do that? Hmm, make those waiting feel like they are getting more of a deal, so don't cancel? :wink: Just a random thought.

My take is that it is much more expensive to make because they realised it has a much lower yield or because their first productions runs were not working.

May 9, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #16,322 of 24,683
My take is that it is much more expensive to make because they realised it has a much lower yield or because their first productions runs were not working.
Quite probably correct, just why raise prices when they are showing sold-out - or if they aren't, and no-one has received them yet, surely that would deter people from ordering before reviews are in?
I obviously don't know, just seems like a strange move in the midst of uncertainty.

May 9, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #16,323 of 24,683
Quite probably correct, just why raise prices when they are showing sold-out - or if they aren't, and no-one has received them yet, surely that would deter people from ordering before reviews are in?
I obviously don't know, just seems like a strange move in the midst of uncertainty.

Agree, it seems to me that they've underestimated the cost of pm6 and hunter...
But it would be better to raise the price after "pre-order", it's no difference as long as they are sold out..

May 9, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #16,324 of 24,683
Bob did mention in his last video post on the making of the Hunter that the shells were an absolute beast to make in Titanium due to the more complex internal geometry for the vector chambering setup, and that they were chewing through the CNC drill bits pretty quickly. May explain a few things?

As always, just a supposition - waiting on confirmation of the Hunters shipping, and people seem to be making hopeful noises about this week/early next week so will see if they pan out or not.

Don't actually NEED the Hunters right now as I have a few other IEMs to review or just enjoy listening to, but still really curious to find out what the final outcome will be in terms of SQ. For all the other stuff that has gone on in the last few months, I think the Master has shown Trinity still have an eye forb impressive sound, so hoping the Hunter follows the trend.

May 9, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #16,326 of 24,683
I'm just Ok with the shift from SS to Zinc; But only because of some small weight savings. Think Aluminum would have been better. Both Aluminum and Zinc are more brittle than SS, but unless you drop on hard surface, or step on, it probably makes no difference. There is a lot of Cheap Chinese Stuff made out of Zinc Alloy; probably a lot of manufacturers there that can mold intricate shapes...

May 9, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #16,331 of 24,683
A surprise for hunter and pm6? Let me think:

- something that works
- one cable missing
- no longer a case
- no more spinfits
- no more filter tubes
- zinc Chinese like shells
- no three-bore design
- no longer a T adapter

missing something?

May 9, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #16,333 of 24,683
A surprise for hunter and pm6? Let me think:

- something that works
- one cable missing
- no longer a case
- no more spinfits
- no more filter tubes
- zinc Chinese like shells
- no three-bore design
- no longer a T adapter

missing something?

Very funny!!,
It's my intuition that your wait will be over by end of this week.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #16,335 of 24,683
Hi, anyone has issues with the cable connection? All 3 cables on my phantom master 4 have intermittent connection issues. Not sure if it's the iem or cable.

As a previous poster mentioned, pry the pins apart. But be aware that it's a losing battle, after some time you will experience the intermittent connection. I think it is primarily because the fit becomes loose over time, thereby compromising the connection. My hack solution was the bend pins (again) and tape the cable housing to the earphone body to prevent any movement. So far, so good.... ugly as hell though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back