TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #1,576 of 1,582
I’ve even thought about paying someone to swap out the cable for MMCX in the hopes it improves the fit. I still might.

I don’t see how much that would help. I actually like the cable from the icarus. The iem itself is badly shaped. The inner surface is flat so it doesn’t go in deep enough. The weight then pulls them out of my ears. Cinching up the cable slider helps, but not enough.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #1,578 of 1,582
I will as I have quite a few, my most used right now are the Faaeal Hibiscus, LZ A6mini and TRN V90. Just got the Shuoer H27 yesterday and it is most promising.

Feb 27, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #1,579 of 1,582
I started using my Hyperions again recently.
I thought that I had better because the cables started getting sticky and I find that happens when you leave things in the case too long.

Crap thin and tinny. Very thin, artificial, sound.
The cables are really flimsy and you have to pull them too hard to move the chin cinch or whatever it is called.
They are too small for even my little ear canals so they go in too far and you have to pull on the flimsy cable to get them out.

Inevitably one of the buds has now stopped working does anybody know if they are easy to get into?
I'm guessing that I need to do a bit of soldering in the earbud.

At least they didn't cost me anything, the accessories were good, and it's a very nice case.

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #1,580 of 1,582
Got the BQEYZ BQ3 in recently and have been able to compare it to the PM4. Honestly, the PM4 sounds quite a bit better to me.
The best way I can describe it is that the PM4 sounds more 'full-bodied'. I am facing the artist/ band playing head-on.
With the BQ3, it sounds more like I am backstage. Just fainter, sure the oomph is bigger, but it does not sound nearly as good...
And this is just for MP3 320 CBR, with a cheap USB-C Realtek DAC.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #1,581 of 1,582
why bother reviving this trash tread unless you want it to serve as a reminder to the IMR folk of whats waiting for them as soon as someone shows them the king has no cloths.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #1,582 of 1,582
My only intention is to provide some kind of comparison between the PM4 and a recent Chi-Fi IEM. I know the history here isn't easy, but that shouldn't deter from my point.
Anyway, having done some more comparisons, I must say it's closer between these two than I said before.
Respect to those trained ears who can distinguish such minor differences between IEMs! It's tricky to fairly compare them head-on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back