TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,561 of 1,582
I've been using this bluetooth cable with my PM4 for mobile listening. Far from perfect, but a great value at $9. I bought two and just switch between them to charge.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_712240.html

Ive used it, it provides OK to good sound quality on the PM4, sounds congested at some times,

But all you have to do is watch the following video to ruin your day

It has a 400ms lag,

The CSR8645 based has under 50ms lag and is unnoticable.

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #1,562 of 1,582
Ive used it, it provides OK to good sound quality on the PM4, sounds congested at some times,

But all you have to do is watch the following video to ruin your day

It has a 400ms lag,

The CSR8645 based has under 50ms lag and is unnoticable.

"Far from perfect, but a great value at $9". I only use them for portable throw-around music listening. Lag doesn't matter unless there's a visual element. For movies and games at home I use more expensive aptx low latency bluetooth or most often just old school cables. Could buy six of these cheapos for what the aptx low latency Bluetooth module cost me. Here's a link to the Bluetooth system I use at home.

http://www.avantree.com/bluetooth-transmitter-receiver-set-for-pc-tv-ht3187.html

No lag is noticable even with videogame gunfire, but the noise floor could be better when paired with my favorite IEMs. Plus I'm looking forward to the improved range in the newer Bluetooth 5 devices that are starting to show up.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,565 of 1,582
Jan 15, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #1,566 of 1,582
Bob of Trinity fame or infamy depending on how you look at it is running a new company called IMR Acoustics and his recent bunch of iems are amazing. A big step up from Trinity offerings

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #1,567 of 1,582
Hey everyone,

I am still happily using my Phantom Master 4 IEMs! I am curious, do any of you who have listened to these know how they stack up to the modern batch of Chifi IEMs? I wonder if these Master 4's still perform better overall than, say, the BQEYZ BQ3 (link below) or the better-known KS ZSX, for example.
Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...5.0&pvid=d62a478e-57f9-4fd1-a4ee-42e5e58c9cf8

Here are my personal opinion. I used to own the Trinity PM4s. I was pretty impressed initially. They could have massive bass depending on what tips were used. But after listening to them for a little while I felt something was wrong. Then it just dawned on me that the PM4s had a flat soundstage; i.e., just left and right with no height and no depth. (These were the impression of Icarus III.) Although after a while I felt the treble sounded metallic and there was a disjoint of sound somewhere. They also had terrible connectors on the cables. The other thing was that I should be extremely careful when installing the sound filters because the threads on the ear piece could get stripped very easily. (Trinity did replace the right ear piece because it was still under warranty.)

I have never tried KS ZSX but I had TFZ Series 5 and Simgot en700 pro. They are way better than PM4s. I have also tried the higher level's of Chifi's, such as qdc and Fearless. Granted they are much more expensive but their sound quality and built quality are miles ahead. Definitely worth the money.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #1,570 of 1,582
Bob of Trinity fame or infamy depending on how you look at it is running a new company called IMR Acoustics and his recent bunch of iems are amazing. A big step up from Trinity offerings
I think Bob made a statement just before Trinity Audio collapse, that icarus III was his best achievement till now (back those days) I am still waiting for my icarus IV...............:confused:
(that order costed me about 200 €...... :angry:)
Such a shame for these guys to still run business on audio industry imo.......

Jan 16, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #1,571 of 1,582
I still like my Icarus, but it just isn’t that comfortable. I keep looking for a cheap Chifi option that will be almost as good, if not better. The CCA10 is tempting me.
Yes you re absolute right
The worst downside on icarus III is the fit part....... Other than this still sounds pretty damn good......
If I were you I would probably get ISN H40
Been reading a couple of reviews there...
The revised H40 seems to sounds way beyond it's price tag with a similar (if not better) Soundstage to icarus III.....:hushed:
My next purchase for sure.....

Jan 16, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #1,572 of 1,582
Hey everyone,

I am still happily using my Phantom Master 4 IEMs! I am curious, do any of you who have listened to these know how they stack up to the modern batch of Chifi IEMs? I wonder if these Master 4's still perform better overall than, say, the BQEYZ BQ3 (link below) or the better-known KS ZSX, for example.
Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...5.0&pvid=d62a478e-57f9-4fd1-a4ee-42e5e58c9cf8
Did you get (back those days) the newest revised PM 4??
The first pm4 banch had pretty harsh and metallic highs, the revised was pretty OK and pretty much in direct comparison with today's chifi multi hybrid iems (KZ, ROSE technics, kinera etch.....)

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #1,573 of 1,582
Did you get (back those days) the newest revised PM 4??
The first pm4 banch had pretty harsh and metallic highs, the revised was pretty OK and pretty much in direct comparison with today's chifi multi hybrid iems (KZ, ROSE technics, kinera etch.....)

I am pretty sure I did not get a first batch, it took a while before I had my hands on them.
Thank you for that info, exactly what I needed to know. It's a rare IEM, and few people have experienced it. I honestly love it, except for the connectors which disconnect sporadically!

Here are my personal opinion. I used to own the Trinity PM4s. I was pretty impressed initially. They could have massive bass depending on what tips were used. But after listening to them for a little while I felt something was wrong. Then it just dawned on me that the PM4s had a flat soundstage; i.e., just left and right with no height and no depth. I also found that I should be extremely careful when installing the sound filters because the threads on the ear piece could get busted very easily.

I have never tried KS ZSX but I had TFZ Series 5 and Simgot en700 pro. They are way better than PM4s. I have also tried the higher level's of Chifi's, such as qdc and Fearless. Granted they are much more expensive but their sound quality and built quality are miles ahead. Definitely worth the money.

Hmm, but you say the opposite. YMMV I guess. I am running the kombi tips (silicon with foam inside) and they work really, really well for me. I mainly listen to EDM so running the silver filters, luckily never stripped any threads...

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #1,575 of 1,582
I am pretty sure I did not get a first batch, it took a while before I had my hands on them.
Thank you for that info, exactly what I needed to know. It's a rare IEM, and few people have experienced it. I honestly love it, except for the connectors which disconnect sporadically!

Hmm, but you say the opposite. YMMV I guess. I am running the kombi tips (silicon with foam inside) and they work really, really well for me. I mainly listen to EDM so running the silver filters, luckily never stripped any threads...

I actually confused the massive bass and soundstage parts with the Icarus III. It has been so long and I no longer owned PM4 and Icarus III. I edited my previous post. I listen to a lot of piano and instrumental music so PM4's sound was just not for me. The Trinity customer service was quite good initially. But it went down hill after a while. It seems to me that most of the Trinity products were the results of Bob's experiments. I have learned my lessons and will steer clear from IMR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back