TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,366 of 1,582
I thought I was having trouble with the thread in my right earpiece, but I found that if I made sure the filters were screwed in really tightly they stay in place. I didn't hugely overtighten them, just put in slightly more effort than usual.
I assume other people with the threading issue right now have also tried this, but if someone comes across this thread in the future they may find this informative.
The Vyrus V2 filters really increase the already good insertion depth!

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,367 of 1,582
I thought I was having trouble with the thread in my right earpiece, but I found that if I made sure the filters were screwed in really tightly they stay in place. I didn't hugely overtighten them, just put in slightly more effort than usual.
I assume other people with the threading issue right now have also tried this, but if someone comes across this thread in the future they may find this informative.
The Vyrus V2 filters really increase the already good insertion depth!

I have found that a little sure grip right at the end of tightening is plenty but more importantly is being a little deft of hand while putting them on really helps and like most threaded things I go in reverse first as the thread pattern usually drops in at the thread start and then you slowly start the tightening rotation. With the soft aluminum one can get too aggressive and really bung the threads if not careful. No doubt the longer nozzle length of the Vyrus V2 does increase insertion depth which for a lot of ears is a good thing:wink:

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,368 of 1,582
Kieran just offered to switch my master order to the Icarus iii because it's in stock. How does the Icarus iii compare to the se215? It seems like they are both less refined, and more fun. Has anyone tried listening to podcasts with icarus? Sometimes podcasts were not clear enough with se215 or Panasonic ergofit.

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #1,369 of 1,582
Kieran just offered to switch my master order to the Icarus iii because it's in stock. How does the Icarus iii compare to the se215? It seems like they are both less refined, and more fun. Has anyone tried listening to podcasts with icarus? Sometimes podcasts were not clear enough with se215 or Panasonic ergofit.

I'd take that deal, the Icy III is a better all around iem to the Master plus it's lighter, fits better and is sexier:scream:

The two side by side:wink:

Bye Bob.JPG

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,372 of 1,582
Thanks. I took the deal. Now I just want them to come. I think I'll prefer the Icarus iii because I was originally looking for a fun iem.

I Like the Icarus III, I don't have any other Trinity IEMs to compare them to and my only others IEMs are AKG N40s but hopefully you will like them. I found the gold filter suited me most but it was close between that and the green which was a bit brighter to me but I found a little too much on the odd occasion. Anyway, hope you enjoy them.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,373 of 1,582
Thanks. I decided to go with trinity because I wanted to experiment with sound signatures without having to buy tons of iems. I think it will also be nice to change filters between music and podcasts. I'm most excited for the silver filters for music, but who knows. I've only ever had bassy, often boomy equipment, except for the children's etymotic. Maybe I'll like the more balanced filters.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #1,374 of 1,582
I think there's still a place for the Masters as a more detail-oriented IEM. I've definitely enjoyed using them as such, but I will be interested to see what the Icarus IV does when it touches down here. The Icarus III does have more of a fun factor to the frequency response and soundstage, as well as being more practical since it's significantly lighter.
I've used mine with the silver filters and there's definitely a lot of low-end there when the music calls for it. I'm currently using the red filters from my Vyrus V2 and they are similar sonically.
I've also found the soundstage to be pleasantly wide, wider than the perceived width of my head at any rate. Anyone who has ever heard the Brainwavz R3 will know what that's like.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,375 of 1,582
I think there's still a place for the Masters as a more detail-oriented IEM. I've definitely enjoyed using them as such, but I will be interested to see what the Icarus IV does when it touches down here. The Icarus III does have more of a fun factor to the frequency response and soundstage, as well as being more practical since it's significantly lighter.
I've used mine with the silver filters and there's definitely a lot of low-end there when the music calls for it. I'm currently using the red filters from my Vyrus V2 and they are similar sonically.
I've also found the soundstage to be pleasantly wide, wider than the perceived width of my head at any rate. Anyone who has ever heard the Brainwavz R3 will know what that's like.

I had brainwavz R3 and I LOVED them. I lost them on a plane and never got them back. :/ They were discontinued by then.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,376 of 1,582

I agree that there's a place for both. Ideally, I'd like to own both, but I can't afford it, and at this point I'd like whichever option will arrive first.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #1,379 of 1,582
If I ever end up selling my Icarus III, what iem would be a good alternative near its pre-order price? I prefer something a little brighter :thinking:
I'm not sure you would find much comparable IEMs near the £75 pre-order price. This would get you something quite entry level and basic from other manufacturers. Shure do a low end SE215 for around £90, or maybe you could try the SoundMagic E80C at about £80. These are not going to be anywhere near the same quality as the Icarus though.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,380 of 1,582
I really enjoyed my Shure se215 before I got the I3. They're a decent sub $100 IEM for sure. Very comfortable for me too. However, I'm not going back. Those will be used for lawn mowing. The I3 (with Green filter and Memory Foam Tips) is just music to my ears. Have you experimented enough with tips and filters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back