TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,352 of 1,582
Do you mean the Kombis or the regular silicones? I've had no trouble putting my kombis on either the Icarus or the Vyrus.

What size Kombi are you using? The small ones are very tight fit on Vyrus 2

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #1,354 of 1,582
What do you guys think about the Icarus III? Coming from the Vyrus v2 it sounds dark and I find myself thirsty for air and treble.
What tips and filter are you using?

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #1,357 of 1,582
What size Kombi are you using? The small ones are very tight fit on Vyrus 2

I tried the small one, thought it was good initially but it turned out not to seal properly, haven't tried the medium ones yet (they're at work and I'm at home with a sick child)

What do you guys think about the Icarus III? Coming from the Vyrus v2 it sounds dark and I find myself thirsty for air and treble.

Oddly enough I came from the same situation (did someone else pre-order the Icarus IV?) and I didn't overly lotice the HF roll-off. I can perceive it now that other people have brought it up, but I'm not personally concerned since I'm very treble sensitive (compressor brakes on trucks and busses set me off all the time, ever since I was a boy). I have been using small foamies as tips though, so maybe I should try the regular silicones and see what that does to the frequency response.

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #1,358 of 1,582
Also stock trinity tip for both.
Sounds like your Icarus3 are faulty (filters thread issue) for a start, there have been some people who mentioned that they couldn't use other filters because of this. You should try emailing Trinity about this.

As for tips I personally prefer the JVC spiral dots with the green filter on my Icarus 3s of course sound is dependent on your source player/music. I find the Vyrus 2 a little brighter, but not massively so (fun sounding). The Icarus is a bit more of a mature (grown up) sound better bass and more detail.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,360 of 1,582
I'm actually having diffculty fitting my M kombi tips on my icarus3

So, as it turned out, did I. As easy as the small ones were to fit, the mediums were significantly more finicky.
I even had one come off the filter and stay in my ear canal today. Once I got it out, i gave it a decent shove on to the filter and it has stayed on since then, but it was definitely concerning for a bit there.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #1,361 of 1,582
Green for Vyrus v2 and purple for Icarus III. Although I can't try other filters yet because of threading issue.

Actually the purple filters for me were too bright on the Icarus III. I really like the gunmetal and orange ones though. Maybe there really is something wrong with yours?

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #1,362 of 1,582
Green for Vyrus v2 and purple for Icarus III. Although I can't try other filters yet because of threading issue.

Outside of your filter issue you have totally lost me on the loss of air and I'm using the black filter, Lg. Auvio tips balanced and they sound awesome across the board to my ears but once again we all hear it/them differently:rolling_eyes:

Sitting here listening to "Reasons" off EW&F Gratitude and I'm catching everything from this live cut:smile:

Balanced Adapter.JPG

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,363 of 1,582
Outside of your filter issue you have totally lost me on the loss of air and I'm using the black filter, Lg. Auvio tips balanced and they sound awesome across the board to my ears but once again we all hear it/them differently:rolling_eyes:

Sitting here listening to "Reasons" off EW&F Gratitude and I'm catching everything from this live cut:smile:

Hmm strange... I guess i'll reserve judgement for now and wait for my new pair. :relieved:

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,364 of 1,582
Hmm strange... I guess i'll reserve judgement for now and wait for my new pair. :relieved:

Well like I said we all hear things just a little differently and maybe yours are faulty but my Icarus III's are right up their with my ASG Rockets and better my Noble X's but could just be my old ears! Hope Trinity does you right on that replacement:thumbsup:

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #1,365 of 1,582
Well like I said we all hear things just a little differently and maybe yours are faulty but my Icarus III's are right up their with my ASG Rockets and better my Noble X's but could just be my old ears! Hope Trinity does you right on that replacement:thumbsup:
My temporary solution for the threading is applying ptfe tape to the filters so it could somewhat screw in. I haven't really tried other filters 'cos doing that repetitively sounds daunting! Or I'm just lazy hehe.:sweat_smile: Well that's a fault on my part! :yum:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back