TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #1,323 of 1,582
I am amazed how deep I can go into the subbass region with the gold filters on the Icarus III. This is just with the V20 phone, without external amping. I can actually call these basshead iem's. Used Neutron EQ and the Depth FX of RE-EQ together. Good stuff.

I agree 100%. HBB put the Trinity PM4 on the Basshead IEM list, and I have them as well, but the Icarus III hits harder and deeper IMO.

Aug 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #1,324 of 1,582
@Howlin Fester waiting for your Icarus III and Delta v2 comparison, thanks!
OK. I'll see what I can do. But don't hold your breath. Let's target end of next week. My parents are having a 50th anniversary, and my wife and I are throwing them a SURPRISE annv party with 100 of their friends. And it is 2.5 hours away. Too much to do and not enough time.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,326 of 1,582
the delta is a very god iem, but amping doesn't do much. icy is more fun, it is more emotional, you just want to bop your head and tap your feet on a good song. Icy 3 just let you enjoy the music, has good space, but not overly resolving. IMO, the delta and the icy3 has very similar tuning, but the icy3 bass is deeper, and more fun. Bass hits hard, voice is clear, treble is very snappy. if i have to nitpick, then coherency is not as good as some of the others I have. The icy3 is like a beef up S2000 with superchargers, and the delta is like a mode up civic turbo. the fit of the icy is very good for me but I don't like the cable system of the icy too much. overall it's a really good purchase excluding the wait. value wise, I would say the icy3 should be in the 150-200 price range.

Aug 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,327 of 1,582
Don't know about the value of Icarus iii, but to me it is doing some things it really extremely well. Well recorded drums and bass and their fast interplay is super good and it does really sound like being live. Have feeling that the detail is not extreme, but when really testing I'm not seeming to miss anything..

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,328 of 1,582
the delta is a very god iem, but amping doesn't do much. icy is more fun, it is more emotional, you just want to bop your head and tap your feet on a good song. Icy 3 just let you enjoy the music, has good space, but not overly resolving. IMO, the delta and the icy3 has very similar tuning, but the icy3 bass is deeper, and more fun. Bass hits hard, voice is clear, treble is very snappy. if i have to nitpick, then coherency is not as good as some of the others I have. The icy3 is like a beef up S2000 with superchargers, and the delta is like a mode up civic turbo. the fit of the icy is very good for me but I don't like the cable system of the icy too much. overall it's a really good purchase excluding the wait. value wise, I would say the icy3 should be in the 150-200 price range.

So grabbing the Icarus III's at £80 delivered was a bargain then!

From initial testing I'm really enjoying these IEMs :)

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #1,329 of 1,582
I used the blue and red back plates as the L + R indicators, with the carbon plates on top. Gives a beefier look.
20170823_221043.jpg

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #1,331 of 1,582
For the benefit of anyone who hasn't tried this, here's what the Vyrus V2 filters look like on the Master.

Previously, the tips were right up against the base of the filter. This might help master users who have insertion issues (although if you don't already have a Sabre or a Vyrus V2 to scavenge filters from it's an expensive experiment).
I'll have a longer listen with these in and report back :ksc75smile:

...because I said I'd report back on this and didn't really do that yet...

Fit-wise, I personally went back to the short filters because I could still get a good fit with them using small foamies. I discerned a slight all-round enlargement of the soundstage, but no world-shaking changes to the frequency response, so I'd still definitely recommend this option to people for whom the standard Master filters don't reach deeply enough into the ear canal to seal properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back