TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,218 of 1,582
Thank you,
What is the Pin diameter?

Pin diameter: .0315" or .80mm

Pin length: .1300" or 3.30mm

On another note; I am making one of my spare cables into a balanced set. I'm glad I asked for a spare set instead of the silly phone/mic set as I don't consider them Hi-Fi/quality. My Andromeda's completely transformed using them in balanced mode. I get way more width and less sibilance and details with them balanced. I love my Andromeda's more now in balanced mode and want to see what the PM6 can do with a balanced cable.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #1,220 of 1,582
So the Icarus III finally arrived. Yippee skippee

The manual is quite generic. The unit seems to include every filter ever made by Trinity. Could be wrong on that.

For exmaple, there seems to be both a black and also a gunmetal. Sure can't tel which is which from the packaging. Any clues from other people here?

Also, how do I determine which filters have dampers?

Thanks

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,221 of 1,582
So the Icarus III finally arrived. Yippee skippee

The manual is quite generic. The unit seems to include every filter ever made by Trinity. Could be wrong on that.

For exmaple, there seems to be both a black and also a gunmetal. Sure can't tel which is which from the packaging. Any clues from other people here?

Also, how do I determine which filters have dampers?

Thanks

I don't own the icarus3 but have the masters and quite positive the filters are the same makeup.

Filters without dampers will be hollow when looking at the back of the filter. Otherwise you'll see either a black damper or a screen on the back which contains the white damper.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,222 of 1,582
20170803_080712.jpg
20170803_080125.jpg

Finally got the Icarus III in. Stock foam tips with gold damper, is perfect for my Reggea music. I just bump up the 38hz to 18db, and the bandwidth to 2.63.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,223 of 1,582
Finally got the Icarus III in. Stock foam tips with gold damper, is perfect for my Reggea music. I just bump up the 38hz to 18db, and the bandwidth to 2.63.
You are boosting the bass 18db at 38hz? That is a huge boost. How well do the Icarus III handle that? Do you play them loud? Using desktop or portable to get 18db boost? Thanks.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,225 of 1,582
Pin diameter: .0315" or .80mm

Pin length: .1300" or 3.30mm

On another note; I am making one of my spare cables into a balanced set. I'm glad I asked for a spare set instead of the silly phone/mic set as I don't consider them Hi-Fi/quality. My Andromeda's completely transformed using them in balanced mode. I get way more width and less sibilance and details with them balanced. I love my Andromeda's more now in balanced mode and want to see what the PM6 can do with a balanced cable.

Thank you @Hi-Fi'er for the measurement. It will certainly help:)

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,226 of 1,582
Just received a reply on my question about the Icarus I & II

Hello Steve,

We are looking at starting shipping late August/early September but, delays may occur as with previous products.

More information will be released on them closer to the time.

Regards,

Kieran

Trinity Audio Engineering Ltd

www.trinityaudioengineering.com

Aug 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #1,228 of 1,582
You are boosting the bass 18db at 38hz? That is a huge boost. How well do the Icarus III handle that? Do you play them loud? Using desktop or portable to get 18db boost? Thanks.
I do play them loud enough and they handle the boost well. Using PC EQ with the portable amp. Using Neutron on the V20 with 16db boost at the same frequency and the same FIIO DIY amp. Amp uses Muses02 with the Buf634 in high bandwidth mode. Sound really good to my ears.

Aug 3, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,229 of 1,582
IMG_5579.JPG

Got my Icarus III as well. First of, Trinity did a darn great job with the packaging. Just fantastic really. All the filters and so many tips. Even included a little torx screwdriver to get the faceplates off. Without changing things up I was right away impressed with the sound. After changing a bunch of tips I settled on the double flanged silicone that sealed the best. Then came the filters. The sound change is much more pronounced than I expected. Settled on what I though I would like (black, gunmetal) and then noticed this new Trinity thread over lunch. Put on the Gold/no damper after seeing the stickied survey and holy cow these things came to life!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,230 of 1,582

Got my Icarus III as well. First of, Trinity did a darn great job with the packaging. Just fantastic really. All the filters and so many tips. Even included a little torx screwdriver to get the faceplates off. Without changing things up I was right away impressed with the sound. After changing a bunch of tips I settled on the double flanged silicone that sealed the best. Then came the filters. The sound change is much more pronounced than I expected. Settled on what I though I would like (black, gunmetal) and then noticed this new Trinity thread over lunch. Put on the Gold/no damper after seeing the stickied survey and holy cow these things came to life!

Yes the top three that do it all are (for me) are GunMetal, Gold filtered and Gold Unfiltered. All else really have something either too much or not enough of and are more for very specific type of taste and or genre, at least for me the other ones are but it's nice they are included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back