TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,066 of 1,582
Nobody forced me to buy from Trinity Audio, I did so of my own free will and I hope and believe that it was the same for every one else. The four iem's I have so far, are well built and suit my listening preferences; even though, yes, it took a while to settle on tips and filters.

But I was confident enough to pre-order a number of others, a) because I like new toys and b) to support a young and emerging company. Would I like all my orders tomorrow? Absolutely! Would I recommend the brand to others? Yes, but with caveats, if you need an iem soon, then no; but, if you are prepared to wait and like taking a risk on unknown products, then yes.

Pre-orders are a risk, both in terms of sound signature and ergonomics, so please, show a little maturity. If you want a product within four days, buy from stock. If you want to buy something with a defined sound signature, buy from stock. If you don't want to take risks on an emerging company, buy from stock; it really isn't rocket science!

I think that I should say here, that I'm not getting at anyone in particular; but I am, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! Leave the thread, do something more suited to your needs, in essence - get a life!

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,067 of 1,582
Nobody forced me to buy from Trinity Audio, I did so of my own free will and I hope and believe that it was the same for every one else. The four iem's I have so far, are well built and suit my listening preferences; even though, yes, it took a while to settle on tips and filters.

But I was confident enough to pre-order a number of others, a) because I like new toys and b) to support a young and emerging company. Would I like all my orders tomorrow? Absolutely! Would I recommend the brand to others? Yes, but with caveats, if you need an iem soon, then no; but, if you are prepared to wait and like taking a risk on unknown products, then yes.

Pre-orders are a risk, both in terms of sound signature and ergonomics, so please, show a little maturity. If you want a product within four days, buy from stock. If you want to buy something with a defined sound signature, buy from stock. If you don't want to take risks on an emerging company, buy from stock; it really isn't rocket science!

I think that I should say here, that I'm not getting at anyone in particular; but I am, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! Leave the thread, do something more suited to your needs, in essence - get a life!

I couldn't agree you more. But, there are few head-fiers in this thread who does not miss any chance to post same Trinity delays and communication saga every day even if either they haven't ordered or already cancelled their orders way back.
I can't understand them why they are still following these threads if they hate Trinity so much.

we all agree Trinity audio sucks in providing true updates these days. There may be number of reasons for that. But who knows what actually they are going through now. Even after these, in my opinion Trinity audio has produced decent IEMs at a very affordable price. A product can never be perfect and even the greatest of audio companies cannot satisfy each customer audio preferences. This is the beauty of Audio world; every ear is different and perception of sound is different.

A $50 IEM can sound better than $500 IEM for someone. But, it does not mean $500 will not sound great to someone else.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1,068 of 1,582

I agree with everything said here and feel exactly the same so you are not the only one.

As an addition to your post, to counter those that are complaining about trinity's communication...

Yesterday I sent trinity my first email about my order after a full year, it was more a message of support to the team but I did tag on a request for an ETA for my items if they could. I received a prompt and personal reply which thanked me and answered all my questions, certainly not a copy and paste job which people have been criticising them for. While I can't say for certain, it may be people that have been continually asking the same questions, have been poking fun at TA's expense or being overly critical just for the sake of it, are now just getting a copy and paste reply rather than anything more considered (Just because TA are not posting doesn't mean they are not reading!).

People always say that with pre-orders or kickstarters you are backing, supporting or are an investor for the company (i don't agree with all those views) but i do know that the old adage - "you get out what you put in" applies; treat your business partners like dirt and... well... I don't need to say it do I.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,069 of 1,582
To mirror the general idea of the above posts, I'm not losing my mind over this either. I've truly enjoyed both my Trinity IEMs so far, and I've had great communication when I needed to contact them for anything. I had a small issue with my PM4 and Jake got me sorted well back then. And when my Masters arrived sans a few accessories (balanced cable and case), Kieran got back to me immediately and got them sent out within 6 days to the U.S. I'll continue to wait for my Icarus III. Would I like them to come tomorrow? Sure. Will I lose it if they don't? Nope. They'll get them to me when they work through the difficulties they are having. In the meantime I recently got some Monoprice Monolith M1060's and I've been using those to jam my face off and bide my time.

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,070 of 1,582
I was wondering - does anyone know what are the correct connections for the TRRS jack of the masters balanced cable (ie, on the TRRS which corresponds to L+, L-, R+, R-)?

Kieran kindly sent me a balanced cable for the masters, and it has male TRRS jacks at both ends.

I plan to convert one end to enable me to run the Masters balanced on a Pono. I previously did this for my PM4's and it made an obvious improvement, so I'm keen to try it on the Masters.

Thanks so much guys!!

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,071 of 1,582
I was wondering - does anyone know what are the correct connections for the TRRS jack of the masters balanced cable (ie, on the TRRS which corresponds to L+, L-, R+, R-)?

Kieran kindly sent me a balanced cable for the masters, and it has male TRRS jacks at both ends.

I plan to convert one end to enable me to run the Masters balanced on a Pono. I previously did this for my PM4's and it made an obvious improvement, so I'm keen to try it on the Masters.

Thanks so much guys!!

Had the same question and Kieran sent me this picture but seem I can't paste it here but it's a XLR pinout.

XLR:
Tip: L+
Ring 1: R+
Ring 2: L -
Sleeve: R -

EDIT: Found a nice picture that @Raketen posted. Trinity same as HifiMan and Oppo.

7402425.png

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,074 of 1,582
Your welcome, glad I could help. Just hoping the information Kieran sent is correct as I made a new balanced cable for the aune m1s that I ordered. Looking forward to hearing the differences with the masters.
Yeah, I'm gonna need that bal cable for my Aune M1S too :D

I'm assuming it's the AK DAP style for Aune?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #1,075 of 1,582
Yeah, I'm gonna need that bal cable for my Aune M1S too :D

I'm assuming it's the AK DAP style for Aune?

@JaeYoon you are correct. At least Aune shows what the pinout of their balanced is. It took awhile, many emails, to get this information from Trinity. Jake didn't want to give it out. Thankfully Kieran did. Once my Massdrop M1s arrives I'll let you know if the balanced cable that I made works or not.

I wired it 3.5 XLR/HifiMan/Oppo pinout to 2.5 AK

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,076 of 1,582
@JaeYoon you are correct. At least Aune shows what the pinout of their balanced is. It took awhile, many emails, to get this information from Trinity. Jake didn't want to give it out. Thankfully Kieran did. Once my Massdrop M1s arrives I'll let you know if the balanced cable that I made works or not.

I wired it 3.5 XLR/HifiMan/Oppo pinout to 2.5 AK
Thanks!

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,077 of 1,582
Some of the back and forth here on Trinity is pretty interesting. I must admit that guaranteed April sounded pretty attractive when I ordered the Icarus III. Given that they were still taking pre-orders recently, I assume that these are quite delayed again.

I would be be more willing to defend the company if a product actually showed up in my hands.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #1,080 of 1,582

@JaeYoon, Just got my m1s and it sounds really good. Not enough time yet on it but will give more of an update on the aune thread. But just wanted to let you know that the balanced cable I made works and take the masters up a notch. Larger sound stage and initially I'm hearing more detail across the board. Only had time to listen for less than an hour but liking what I'm hearing so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back