TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #632 of 1,582
So both threads have gone OT... Hope we get IEM's this week.

Hopefully Bob will spawn again  
biggrin.gif
, still confused as to I will get my IEMs with or without a mail, time will tell

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #633 of 1,582

I believe that Hunter also uses dual DD as well, so the number of drivers is actually the same. I hope their "unique armature chamber vectoring system" for Hunter will be worth £150:)

Hunter is a single (dual voice coil) dynamic driver (PM6 has 2 of these). The chamber system for tuning (Instead of the industry-standard nozzle-system) + different balanced armatures should account for the difference in sound compared to the PM6. Chamber system + high-end BAs + Titanium housing (which includes a ton of extra man-hours) + top shelf cables should make up those extra $$$ bills. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #635 of 1,582

Hunter is a single (dual voice coil) dynamic driver (PM6 has 2 of these). The chamber system for tuning (Instead of the industry-standard nozzle-system) + different balanced armatures should account for the difference in sound compared to the PM6. Chamber system + high-end BAs + Titanium housing (which includes a ton of extra man-hours) + top shelf cables should make up those extra $$$ bills. 
biggrin.gif

Does the Hunter have the push-pull or do they use the chamber?

I imagine the PM6 and Hunter will have slightly similar sound to be honest... I wonder if I can plug in the left as a PM6 and right as a hunter to see the difference. :D

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #636 of 1,582
Does the Hunter have the push-pull or do they use the chamber?

I imagine the PM6 and Hunter will have slightly similar sound to be honest... I wonder if I can plug in the left as a PM6 and right as a hunter to see the difference. :D

The Hunter is not push pull (only one DD so not possible to be push-pull).

Therefore I believe there will be differences between the Hunter and PM6 as they generate sound in different ways. But nothing significant. (However, just guessing here.)

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #637 of 1,582

Therefore I believe there will be differences between the Hunter and PM6 as they generate sound in different ways. But nothing significant. (However, just guessing here.)

Thats correct.......that dual voice coil dynamic driver has 2 voice coils with difference in coil wind to handle 2 frequency spectrum for low & mids with a 2 way x-over,and shares the same titanium coated diaphragm,housed in a acoustic chamber. and The sound will not be same as pm6.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #638 of 1,582
Hunter is a single (dual voice coil) dynamic driver (PM6 has 2 of these). The chamber system for tuning (Instead of the industry-standard nozzle-system) + different balanced armatures should account for the difference in sound compared to the PM6. Chamber system + high-end BAs + Titanium housing (which includes a ton of extra man-hours) + top shelf cables should make up those extra $$$ bills. :D

Same BA (Sonion) for both models.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #639 of 1,582

From a few posts WAAY back and things Bob said, he was estimating the Hunter and PM6 to be very close in overall quality, with a very slight edge to the Hunter. As Neotribal mentioned, the titanium housing, chamber design and extra high quality cabling will account for a fair slice of the Pryce difference.

Heard the demo version of the Hunter at Canjam London last year and remember being impressed, so very much hoping the final version is as good as everyone thinks it could be.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #641 of 1,582

Black and white?  Crap I recall listening to the big console radio broadcasts of serial dramas.  This was pre-TV for those too young to understand.  LOL

Big console, bah, all I had was a cat's whisker! You could be a Yorkshireman Bob A (SD)!

Oh I did have a crystal radio under my bed in my elementary school days.  But later graduated to the big time with TUBES!  LOL

Masters are out for delivery today.  Still wish we had a filter description.  That said elsewhere folks are concluding that the shipped installed reds are the "new golds" that Bob preferred on the Master 4   https://tinyurl.com/k3zlnph

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #642 of 1,582
I imagine red filters will be a majority go to for people. Why change it from gold to red though and still include gold in both variations is an odd choice?? The red filters really do sound awesome though and when you look at the complete pack, its an awesome kit

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #643 of 1,582
Oh I did have a crystal radio under my bed in my elementary school days.  But later graduated to the big time with TUBES!  LOL

Masters are out for delivery today.  Still wish we had a filter description.  That said elsewhere folks are concluding that the shipped installed reds are the "new golds" that Bob preferred on the Master 4   https://tinyurl.com/k3zlnph

All I know is I'm using the default filters for my Phantom Sabres (from the recent clearance sale) which, oddly enough are silver and aren't even listed on the Sabre Filter Color Listing on the Trinity Audio site.  However, I find them to sound excellent with a nearly balanced sound that might emphasize the bass slightly...a sound that I very much prefer.  I've not even tried the other filters...
tongue.gif

So, who knows, I may just stick with what Bob has attached to the Masters already.
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Happy Listening!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back