TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Mar 28, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #211 of 1,582
The do list the 14 filters:

DELTA/DELTA V-II FILTERS/VYRUS/MASTER 4

SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
PURPLE = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
GOLD = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble
PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)
GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)

The better question for me is what the 2 additional ones are that the others are including.
biggrin.gif

I reckon it was supposed to be the ancient Orange filter which is like V shaped with less bass or something. Most of the pictures for PM6 has that filter in it, so I'm guessing it's that? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #213 of 1,582
  Was browsing through the Trinity page and I realised that the tuning filters are now 12 pairs instead of 14 for the Master, 16 for both Hunter and PM6 previously. Hmm, I wonder which filter they decided to forego. 

On instagram you can see a sneak peek of the filters with the vyrus v2. I don't see any of the triple bore designs. If they decided to go with a universal filter system, maybe they scrapped those

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #215 of 1,582
  It would be a shame if they do not make use of the new triple bore design. What do you fellows think about that? 
confused.gif

they aren't using the triple bore - bob already confirmed this - also i don't see that it would really matter since the shells themselves are open and not bored to direct individual drivers.  that's my understanding anyway.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #217 of 1,582
The do list the 14 filters:

DELTA/DELTA V-II FILTERS/VYRUS/MASTER 4

SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
PURPLE = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
GOLD = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble
PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)
GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)

The better question for me is what the 2 additional ones are that the others are including. :D

The system is confusing. Silver is most bass, gold less bass than silver, purple is less bass than gold and is very neutral bass, the black without its dampers is less bass than purple with damper it's bass is between gold and purple and more forward mids than purple or gold. The dampers seem to only smear detail and do nothing better, certainly doesn't increase fidelity because that's driver dependent. I like filter system though because I can adjust amount of bass. Same can be done on back of driver like lz a4

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #218 of 1,582
  Do you have a source for that information? Just means that I missed an update along the way

in one of the threads he says the pics on the website are what the final designs are minus the redesigned 2 pin connectors for the hunter and PM6.

edit : http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/10905#post_13301746

Mar 28, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #219 of 1,582
The system is confusing. Silver is most bass, gold less bass than silver, purple is less bass than gold and is very neutral bass, the black without its dampers is less bass than purple with damper it's bass is between gold and purple and more forward mids than purple or gold. The dampers seem to only smear detail and do nothing better, certainly doesn't increase fidelity because that's driver dependent. I like filter system though because I can adjust amount of bass. Same can be done on back of driver like lz a4

I like filters also. I try not to follow descriptions as they are not always what your individual results may be in that using different tips and sources and our ear canals are different. Go with with what you hear and what you prefer and or like. :D

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #220 of 1,582
I like filters also. I try not to follow descriptions as they are not always what your individual results may be in that using different tips and sources and our ear canals are different. Go with with what you hear and what you prefer and or like. :D

The source does change sq, plus some iems pair better with different dacs. Also the filters with hole makes sq spacious.

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #221 of 1,582
  in one of the threads he says the pics on the website are what the final designs are minus the redesigned 2 pin connectors for the hunter and PM6.

edit : http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/10905#post_13301746

I think the triple bore filters remains for Hunter and PM6. The link you have posted does not say otherwise (well, the post is not quite clear about this).

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #222 of 1,582
  I think the triple bore filters remains for Hunter and PM6. The link you have posted does not say otherwise (well, the post is not quite clear about this).

seems pretty clear to me.

"The complaint about lack of pictures is that there have been mentions of changes to both the PM6 and hunter, if nothing else, than simply the fact that its now using a recessed 2 pin cable connector. But on top of that, we have no real idea what the current filter system actually looks like"

"Everything looks exactly the same including filters...So what's on our site is a pretty accurate image."

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #223 of 1,582

lol pm4 in one and noble x on another nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back