TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
May 22, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #946 of 1,582
I ordered it based purely on the fact that the price seems excellent and I am very impressed by the Phantom Masters. I have no idea what it will sound like, but my guess is that it will be quite good. The bonus Hyperion is just icing on an already well-frosted cake, if you ask me.

If you are concerned about being in the first 250, I wouldn't sweat it. It took several weeks for the Aeons to pre-sell 250 units. While those were much more expensive, there was a lot less concern about how well the company could handle pre-orders. I imagine you have time to decide. Me, I decided as soon as I saw the price and the driver arrangement.

May 22, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #947 of 1,582
I had a long chat with Bob after getting my Masters and how much I liked them and he goes and tells me the Icy III's sound even sweeter than the Masters so I have the Icy III's coming and don't think I'm going to be able to stop myself on the IV's now:sweat: Besides I feel a lot better about filing Bankruptcy since the POTUS says it's purely legit and on the up & up. I have emailed him and asked for his copy of tax loopholes made easy as well:wink:

May 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #948 of 1,582
Have come to the conclusion that the Hunter seem to respond well to a bit more juice (much like the Master is reported to). Wonder if it's something to do with the new dual coil DDs? Certainly seems that the new gear appreciates a good source chain.

I am using my Masters through my iFi Black Label right now, and I have to agree with you. Bass has more punch and definition than it does out of my DP-X1. Not sure if that is related to more power on tap, or simply a more capable amp section, but the difference is notable.

May 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #949 of 1,582
I had a long chat with Bob after getting my Masters and how much I liked them and he goes and tells me the Icy III's sound even sweeter than the Masters so I have the Icy III's coming and don't think I'm going to be able to stop myself on the IV's now:sweat: Besides I feel a lot better about filing Bankruptcy since the POTUS says it's purely legit and on the up & up. I have emailed him and asked for his copy of tax loopholes made easy as well:wink:

I was speculating (and I hope I'm right since I ordered the IV because of it) that the III would be smoother, more musical, warmer, etc. than the Masters and that the IV would be airier, more neutral, more reference-oriented, and detailed than the Masters. Who knows if I am right, but that's where my money went. Not that I would be super-disappointed if the sound signature is something different. As long as it's not a bass cannon, I'm good.

May 22, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #950 of 1,582

Do you think the Icarus III is ready for shipping in the very near future?
Thanks,

May 22, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #951 of 1,582
Well it took about a week and a half before I got my tracking number from my original we are preparing your order email on my Masters if that helps! I would think they are shipping now or any minute since the Icarus IV says shipping in June (not that we have not heard that before) but I'm thinking or hoping Trinity is getting a better handle on time frames:rolling_eyes:

May 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #952 of 1,582
Well it took about a week and a half before I got my tracking number from my original we are preparing your order email on my Masters if that helps! I would think they are shipping now or any minute since the Icarus IV says shipping in June (not that we have not heard that before) but I'm thinking or hoping Trinity is getting a better handle on time frames:rolling_eyes:

Thanks, the Icarus III is scheduled to ship in May so it should come before the IV. ....maybe

In this new forum platform I see gigantic smilies as you can see screen capture below (it doesn't even fit on one screen). Scary.
Is this just me or others have the same surprises?

giant.jpg

May 22, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #953 of 1,582
Nope, mine is the same way. Your screenshot is deeply unsettling, BTW.

May 22, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #954 of 1,582
Wow, I think this just started! Guess I'll have to stop using the emoticons:-0

May 23, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #955 of 1,582
Tried the Gunmetal filters today on my Masters. Man these are great as well, I really have no idea which to choose from. :joy:

May 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #956 of 1,582
Can anyone tell me how the master/Atlas Delta will likely sound compared to the se215? I want basically the same signature, but with less hissing in the background and a little more detail and clarity. At this point, I got a good deal if it shows up, but I'm not sure what is coming, and I like that the shures block a lot of noise. Should I try to cancel my order?

May 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #959 of 1,582
Can anyone tell me how the master/Atlas Delta will likely sound compared to the se215? I want basically the same signature, but with less hissing in the background and a little more detail and clarity. At this point, I got a good deal if it shows up, but I'm not sure what is coming, and I like that the shures block a lot of noise. Should I try to cancel my order?

I don't have the Atlas-Deltas but I do have the Masters and the Shure SE215. The masters are bad in isolation if you compare them to the 215's. But in terms of sound quality and flexibility, they're at a whole new level. A much significant upgrade, less hiss, more detailed representation, faster bass, bigger soundstage as well.

However IMO Master's lack the sub-bass as compared to the 215's. And are harder to drive, and is quite picky with the quality of your songs. That's my take.

May 25, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #960 of 1,582
About the filter survey... I just received my Master 6 in Belgium yesterday, and I came to realize I would probably not use the same filters on the Master 6 than on the Master.
I am struggling to see which I prefer between the blue and black on the Master (or even gold undamped when I want a "funnier" listening experience).
These, however, sound quite "thin" on the Master 6, on which I prefer the green ones.
Please take my advice with a grain of salt, as I have had limited time with the Master 6 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back