TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
May 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #932 of 1,582
Which filters are you using?

Green with JVC Spiral Dots. Admittedly, the green filters have 1-2db too much mids for me, but the gunmetal lacks mids a bit for me. I can't seem to find that Goldilocks filter.

May 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #934 of 1,582
I wholeheartedly recommend the silver dampened filters.

I'll give them a shot. I feel like whatever filter I end up with will be dampened. The treble needs a bit of help, IMO. I also finally got a pair of the blue filters (mine came faulty), and I am really excited to try them. Might be exactly what I am looking for.

May 20, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #936 of 1,582
Have come to the conclusion that the Hunter seem to respond well to a bit more juice (much like the Master is reported to). Wonder if it's something to do with the new dual coil DDs? Certainly seems that the new gear appreciates a good source chain.

May 20, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #937 of 1,582
Got my Masters yesterday from the post office. Went through all the filters to try them out. Quick impressions:

-The Masters are in my opinion just transducers thrown into a shell relying on the filters to do the rest.
This sounds quite interesting.. I have never done an IEM, but do you really get that type sound if you take random shape (or maybe a copy of the shell of some basic cylinder like IEM) and then place four transducers there? I'm really not an expert, but I would guess that there are quite strong limitations what filters do..

May 21, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #938 of 1,582
Have come to the conclusion that the Hunter seem to respond well to a bit more juice (much like the Master is reported to). Wonder if it's something to do with the new dual coil DDs? Certainly seems that the new gear appreciates a good source chain.

When you say 'more juice' do you think running them balanced through the Aune M1s balanced out would do the job?
Or definitely need an amp? I'm referring to the PM6 or Master here, but it should be roughly analogous to the Hunter I imagine..

May 21, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #939 of 1,582
When you say 'more juice' do you think running them balanced through the Aune M1s balanced out would do the job?
Or definitely need an amp? I'm referring to the PM6 or Master here, but it should be roughly analogous to the Hunter I imagine..

I don't have a balanced 2-pin cable to try with the Aune at the moment (and won't before I post it on to you tomorrow!) but high gain on the M1S or a little bit through a portable amp both seem to agree better with the Hunter. I haven't properly commune matched, so might just be placebo, but it does seem to feel that higher voltage gets the most out of these little things.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the PM6 running balanced through the M1S.

May 21, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #940 of 1,582
Will be interested to hear what you think of the PM6 running balanced through the M1S.

Heh, you and me both :wink:
I have an amp too, but I got it at least 2 years ago I think on ebay. C&C BH2.
I bought it for £70 at the time, to go with a £70 Colorfly C3 that I'd heard it had synergy with.
I'm not sure if it's any good or not. Charging it (and xDuoo X3) now, will check later with the Master and see how the Master sound amped vs unamped :)

May 21, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #941 of 1,582
For those who were asking about the size or ergonomics of the Hunter, have updated my blog post on Audio Primate with some comparison shots vs a few IEMs for size purposes - Campfire Andromeda, Campfire Vega, a CustomArt 9-driver CIEM and also the Trinity Hyperion - should hopefully give people an idea where these sit in terms of size. Link below:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/05/19/trinity-phantom-hunter-unboxing-pictures/

May 22, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #943 of 1,582
So, in my hunt for better tips for my Trinity Audio IEM's (and my Noble Katana), I bought a box of Monster gel Supertips (all Large size) from ebay.

It turns out that the L size are too big, because unlike Comply style foam tips, these gel ones can't be squished first and then expand to fit.

However, the box included a pair of their foam Supertips, which fit well and seem to increase clarity and soundstage noticeably!
So just wondering if anyone in the UK would be interested in some kind of exchange?

I'd be interested to try the gel ones in Medium size, just to see how they are.
And/or, I'd like to swap my Large gel Supertips for a set of Large foam supertips.
Please PM me with suggestions if interested?

May 22, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #944 of 1,582
PS: I also tried the Crystalline Audio's 'Crystal tips' (another foam tip with a wide firmer plastic core).
They seem identical to the ones that Trinity provide (the L/M size) with their IEM's.
I personally didn't notice any improvement in sound, but I did with the Supertips (foam).
The gel Supertips are supposed to offer an even better audiophile sound, but I couldn't tell because I couldn't get them to fit (in my ear) :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #945 of 1,582
Just ordered the Icarus IV! Here's hoping I'm one of the first 250...

The emailed offer:

THE ICARUS IV RETAIL PRICE IS £299.00 HOWEVER BY USING COUPON CODE ICARUSIV AT THE CHECK OUT YOU WILL GET THEM FOR JUST £120.00!! THIS OFFER IS STRICTLY LIMITED FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS ONLY

Man for a $150 I don't think I can pass this offer up once again (really $110 if I make the Hyperion cutoff)! Guess I could give them to myself for my recent 10 year anniversary out here:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back