TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II
Apr 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #106 of 489
We will probably hear something about them this next week.

I am a little worried about 2 things: fit/comfort and isolation. They have a tiny hole on their backs. That lets external sound enter, right?

That's why I am waiting for reviews.

No, that little port on the back is a vent for the dynamic driver, common on all earbud designs. The original Delta is the same, no sound enters through that hole

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #108 of 489
I'm even more curious about the filters, 7 pairs did i read correctly?

I caught the "spot the difference" post but i didn't really understand if the deltas will feature 2 versions of, for example, the gunmetal filter.

If so, what will be the difference in terms of sound?

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #110 of 489
  I'm even more curious about the filters, 7 pairs did i read correctly?

I caught the "spot the difference" post but i didn't really understand if the deltas will feature 2 versions of, for example, the gunmetal filter.

If so, what will be the difference in terms of sound?

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, one of them had a sort of "mesh" and the other didn't. This will probably affect sound in some way.

While we're wait for impressions, could someone please post pictures of them worn cable down and up? I'm curious to see how much they stick out.

That would be nice.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #111 of 489
Hi Bob!

Have all Pre-Orders of Delta V II already been shipped by this time?

I have been checking my emails for several days now but I still haven't received any.

Hope to receive them soon! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #112 of 489
Bob
I hope we are not overwheming you with questions. HA, right?
Is there an eta on BT cable/ lanyard?
TIA

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #113 of 489

We will probably hear something about them this next week.

I am a little worried about 2 things: fit/comfort and isolation. They have a tiny hole on their backs. That lets external sound enter, right?

That's why I am waiting for reviews.

No, that little port on the back is a vent for the dynamic driver, common on all earbud designs. The original Delta is the same, no sound enters through that hole

not sure I'm ok with both bold parts.
if there is a vent, then isolation is lower than on a perfectly sealed design. other parameters come into play like material of the shell and thickness, but vented stuff do tend to isolate less(because there's a hole!).  and there are dynamic driver designs without a rear vent or any vent for that matter.

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #114 of 489
  Hi Bob!
Have all Pre-Orders of Delta V II already been shipped by this time?
I have been checking my emails for several days now but I still haven't received any.
Hope to receive them soon! 
biggrin.gif

He threw them all out
biggrin.gif
No email here yet either, just one of those patience tests Bob's been carrying out lately
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #115 of 489
not sure I'm ok with both bold parts.

if there is a vent, then isolation is lower than on a perfectly sealed design. other parameters come into play like material of the shell and thickness, but vented stuff do tend to isolate less(because there's a hole!).  and there are dynamic driver designs without a rear vent or any vent for that matter.

Yeah maybe not 100% precise, but it's extremely common for earbuds with dynamic drivers to have ports to vent pressure, depends on the design/need for it. As far as the vent's effect on isolation, maybe it isolates less that design obviously has more opportunity for sound leakage than a fully sealed ba design, but the impact is going to vary greatly and be dependent on the individual earbud. I wouldn't say that they make any noticeable effect ruin the Delta's isolation, judging from my v1, it's very good at shutting out external sounds.

Didn't mean to misinform, just talking in generalities

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #119 of 489
Created an account just for this. Have been stalking this thread for quite some time. Preordered my deltas, yet to receive any confirmation email though. 
Hope it will arrive soon as I accidentally destroyed my Titan 1 in the washing machine :p

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #120 of 489
My patience is being tested also. I will update later. I just need to go drop kick dhl

Give 'em a nice round house for me while you're at it 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back