TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II
Jul 2, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #376 of 489
  Unfortunately, these are too uncomfortable for me with my smaller-than-average ear-canals.  I cannot use them for any kind of extended period, and given how I like to ues IEM's that means I do not really want them.  At this point, from trying to use them these last couple days, my ear-canals are rubbed raw and completely irritated.  I've tried all the included tips as well as seevral aftermarket ones, but nothing helps.

This is very unfortunate and makes me very upset, considering that these sound completely incredible.
frown.gif

I had the same problem.  It was the biggest heartbreak cuz the sound is perfect. My first love when it came to audio equipment.  I'm still upset BOB hasn't fixed those edges cuz it deprives me of his beautiful sound.  
frown.gif

Had to pick up a pair of Master 4's cuz they are said to have the same sparkle as the delta's.  "delta's on steroids" i believe BOB stated.  Hope they don't blind me with vividness
cool.gif
 like those darn sabres and their forward upper frequencies.

I just want some good balanced sound Mr. @Bobtrinity.  Not neutral, but balanced.  Balance that Sparkles 
etysmile.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #377 of 489
I had the same problem.  It was the biggest heartbreak cuz the sound is perfect. My first love when it came to audio equipment.  I'm still upset BOB hasn't fixed those edges cuz it deprives me of his beautiful sound.  :frowning2:

Had to pick up a pair of Master 4's cuz they are said to have the same sparkle as the delta's.  "delta's on steroids" i believe BOB stated.  Hope they don't blind me with vividness :cool:  like those darn sabres and their forward upper frequencies.

I just want some good balanced sound Mr. @Bobtrinity
.  Not neutral, but balanced.  Balance that Sparkles :etysmile:  

Well that sucks...sorry to hear it..ive got mid to large ears so ill report back shortly...they should be arriving in a few days.

Hope more reviews come out...ive suggested to both lachlan and jokerl at headphonelist to try to get a pair of these to review them, since they're unique.

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #378 of 489
Well that sucks...sorry to hear it..ive got mid to large ears so ill report back shortly...they should be arriving in a few days.

Hope more reviews come out...ive suggested to both lachlan and jokerl at headphonelist to try to get a pair of these to review them, since they're unique.

Now that would be awesome
biggrin.gif
 i haven't seen recent reviews from them

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #379 of 489
Well they both reviewed very favourably the flc 8s, so i asked why not also check out the delta or other from the trinity series, given its also uniquely tunable....perhaps you might also want to reach out to them and request similar..maybe they just need to hear a few more voices singing the same tune :wink:

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #380 of 489
Well they both reviewed very favourably the flc 8s, so i asked why not also check out the delta or other from the trinity series, given its also uniquely tunable....perhaps you might also want to reach out to them and request similar..maybe they just need to hear a few vmore oices singing the same tune
wink.gif

True x) i'll be checking them regularly. Would love to hear their opinions 
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #381 of 489
I was interested in getting the Vyrus with the exchange rate going on now and the store discount, but after having the Sabre for a week I have become interested in the Deltas. I know that the Deltas and the Vyrus are not on the same level, but I am wondering if it would be worth it to purchase them if I already have the Sabres? Do they offer something different?

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #382 of 489

I had the same problem.  It was the biggest heartbreak cuz the sound is perfect. My first love when it came to audio equipment.  I'm still upset BOB hasn't fixed those edges cuz it deprives me of his beautiful sound.  
frown.gif

Had to pick up a pair of Master 4's cuz they are said to have the same sparkle as the delta's.  "delta's on steroids" i believe BOB stated.  Hope they don't blind me with vividness
cool.gif
 like those darn sabres and their forward upper frequencies.

I just want some good balanced sound Mr. @Bobtrinity.  Not neutral, but balanced.  Balance that Sparkles 
etysmile.gif

I can say something great about this situation though.  Bob's and Trinity's customer-service has been nothing short of phenomenal involving this.  I contacted Bob about my issues with fit and comfort, and how I tried everything to fix them.  He immediately offered me a full refund.  I've now sent them in to Trinity USA down in Alabama.

Thanks as always for running a truly great company, Bob!

I really am bummed-out about the fact they didn't fit me, because the sound was just fantastic.  They would have been SO awesome to use with the Questyle QP1R DAP I've got coming in the mail right now.

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #383 of 489
well my trinity delta v2s came in today.

also loaded up my first song on my newly arrived chord mojo.
can't wait to try them both out tomorrow.

enjoy Geddy Lee slappin' that bass, ben mink on electric violin/guitars,
matt cameron on drums, from
the rockin' titletrack 'my favourite headache'

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #384 of 489
  well my trinity delta v2s came in today...bought 'em used
from a headfier...so am just thoroughly cleaning the ear tips before i use them.
also loaded up my first song on my newly arrived chord mojo.
can't wait to try them both out tomorrow.

enjoy Geddy Lee slappin' that bass, and matt cameron on drums, from
the rockin' titletrack 'my favourite headache'

Hope you enjoy them! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #385 of 489
Been enjoying these for a few days.  Definitely agree with Brooko's assessment.  It seems like I'm kinda a bass head (love me some bass), however I'm not a fan of V response (silver filter un-dampened...too shrill)...the dampened silver loses too much clarity for me. I love the gunmetal however it loses too much bass for me (guessing due to port).  I was just thinking that I think the perfect filter for me would be a gunmetal without the bass port...I've contacted Trinity to see if they could make one as I'd be willing to pay for it.  I tried hacking something together with tape over the port but it won't stick, and I don't want to fill it since I don't think I'd be able to clean it out.

Also for the plugs I think the standard yellow ones work best for me since the outer portion is thicker than the other non foam tips...i think with the others with flimsy "wings" the bass tends to "move" them and thus dampen the bass...I think the best are the foam tips and gold tipped ones...spinfits seem to also lose too much bass as they're also fairly flimsy.

anywho just some feedback based on usage :)  Will update if I get a custom gunmetal...or end up nail polishing it closed or something :)

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #386 of 489
Been enjoying these for a few days.  Definitely agree with Brooko's assessment.  It seems like I'm kinda a bass head (love me some bass), however I'm not a fan of V response (silver filter un-dampened...too shrill)...the dampened silver loses too much clarity for me. I love the gunmetal however it loses too much bass for me (guessing due to port).  I was just thinking that I think the perfect filter for me would be a gunmetal without the bass port...I've contacted Trinity to see if they could make one as I'd be willing to pay for it.  I tried hacking something together with tape over the port but it won't stick, and I don't want to fill it since I don't think I'd be able to clean it out.

Also for the plugs I think the standard yellow ones work best for me since the outer portion is thicker than the other non foam tips...i think with the others with flimsy "wings" the bass tends to "move" them and thus dampen the bass...I think the best are the foam tips and gold tipped ones...spinfits seem to also lose too much bass as they're also fairly flimsy.

anywho just some feedback based on usage :)  Will update if I get a custom gunmetal...or end up nail polishing it closed or something :)

If your not going to use the damped gunmetal, just pull the damper off.

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #388 of 489
It uses a standard 2 pin - but has a protruding connector. Funny thing is that I've been reviewing a cable for FiiO and it actually fits the Delta V2 with a bit of modification.

There are photos in there - http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-balanced-cable-for-ultimate-ears-and-m-audio-earphones-rc-ue2b/reviews/16442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back