Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,147 of 2,949
Very true^. Though we don't know when Audio Sanctuary ordered their Hunter stock.
Still not really acceptable. Honestly, if Audio Sanctuary or any other reseller gets it first, they shouldn't be allowed to ship out before everything has shipped direct from Trinity. Because then you make an absolute mess of shipping and it's lopsidedly unfair to people giving direct support. Either restrict when resellers start selling if you send out as the item is produced or don't send out until EVERYONE (resellers and individual buyers) gets it sent to them. People ordering directly wait over a year without getting much [truthful] word while someone orders 2 months ago and has a better chance of getting it first? That's how you lose loyal customers and I call total BS on that sort of action.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #2,152 of 2,949
I have received an email that they are waiting on another batch of masters that should arrive in two weeks. Has anyone been told anything similar and received their product in the time-frame specified? If it doesn't come in 2-3 weeks then I don't know. Maybe I'll cancel. I want to receive it because I'm on a tight budget and the $70 I paid seems like a good deal.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #2,153 of 2,949
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #2,154 of 2,949
Good link, but I'm not sure this is what the OP was looking for? At least not until you elaborate some more. It sounds like they're wanting to get an IEM in hand sooner rather than later and the ship date on the EDC NuForce is currently October. I will say that in the pre-order realm, I've had no problems with getting a MassDrop IEM though; I got my Noble X in exactly the timeframe stated.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,155 of 2,949
Okay then, I am not the brightest but could somebody explain why they have Phantom Air's IN STOCK at Audio Sanctuary when I have NOT seen mine when I backed on KS?
I pre-ordered my Hunters like a lot did back on or before sometime in November of 2016 and I was told they were coming soon and a few have gotten already.
I still have not heard anything going on 2 weeks now...

LASTLY I emailed Trinity and still have not heard anything. ON their Icarus II how can one player NOT play all IEMS? does it not attach by 3.5mm jack? There is one that fits the
Hunter once that fits and and one that fits that... Yeah I am not all the smart but why does one player NOT play them all... It makes me rather hesitant more than usual to order...
Can anyone please explain to me what the deal is? I hate going through life confused... Thanks in advance.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,156 of 2,949
Okay then, I am not the brightest but could somebody explain why they have Phantom Air's IN STOCK at Audio Sanctuary when I have NOT seen mine when I backed on KS?
I pre-ordered my Hunters like a lot did back on or before sometime in November of 2016 and I was told they were coming soon and a few have gotten already.

LASTLY I emailed Trinity and still have not heard anything. ON their Icarus II how can one player NOT play all IEMS? does it not attach by 3.5mm jack? There is one that fits the
Hunter once that fits and and one that fits that... Yeah I am not all the smart but why does one player NOT play them all... It makes me rather hesitant more than usual to order...
Can anyone please explain to me what the deal is? I hate going through life confused... Thanks in advance.
Trinity stocked resellers before KS backers it seems.

They did same to us with Audio Sanctuary being stocked, meanwhile some unfortunate headfier's who bought and preordered the Hunter from 2016.
You can get priority if you buy them from AS two months ago! cool huh!!
:xf_eek:

not too sure about Icarus II. But I do know that Trinity no longer was giving 2.5mm balanced cables out anymore. It's the 3.5mm balanced cable that PONO players can use.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,157 of 2,949

The explanation for the Audio Sanctuary thing is that basically, their shipping and priority queue is completely out of what with any notion of how a company should fulfill orders.
The explanation for the Icarus II is that literally no one knows what the heck they're thinking. Their explanation of how it's going to work is a total mystery to everyone who has read the description so we're all in the same boat there.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #2,158 of 2,949
The explanation for the Audio Sanctuary thing is that basically, their shipping and priority queue is completely out of what with any notion of how a company should fulfill orders.
The explanation for the Icarus II is that literally no one knows what the heck they're thinking. Their explanation of how it's going to work is a total mystery to everyone who has read the description so we're all in the same boat there.

Just to add to this. It might be even cheaper to purchase from Audio Sanctuary since they don't charge VAT when applicable and with Head-Fi memebers' discount, again if applicable.

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,159 of 2,949

I was about to explain, then realised my explanation was missing something and didn't make sense. I'm sure I understood it at one time, but now I don't have a clue anymore :p

Let's see how it turns out.. Clearer information would indeed be very useful.
Anyway, I've ordered Icarus II and Icarus IV.
I'm not much bothered in that I am awaiting delivery of what I hope will be a staggeringly good DAP (the new Shozy Alien+) into which I can plug a pair of TOTL IEM's that I'm fortunate enough to have.
Meanwhile, I am confident that at the very least, the Icarus II DAP will be compatible with the Icarus IV IEM's and they'll play together smoothly/synergistically and make for a fun and more portable set up for when I have the mood/need.
Or a good present for a non/early-stage audiophile where compatibility with other products isn't an issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back