Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 10, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,042 of 2,949
I think a lot of posts now are more worried than complaining.
I did consider getting a refund on Monday but i want trinity to succeed and i also want my hunter, if we all pulled out then this could potentially hurt trinity and consequently hurt us all as in not getting our products and no more trinity,
im certainly not saying this is going to happen as i dont know there financial status but i do feel that this is something for us all to consider.
I Also genuinely want them to succeed , bob for all his mistakes seems like a genuine guy I just think too many pre orders with inevitable problems i.e the nature of production has been the major factor.
I have decided not to pull out for better or worse.
But once again, that's putting the risk/responsibility for the continued economic solvency of Trinity in its customers. At this point, you are free to do with your money what you want and to support whatever company you want, but it's absurd to ask other people to act as investors when they are customers of a company. You should be able to get the headphones that you paid for, and that should not be dependent on wether other people pull out or not. If Trinity didn't have the capital to produce all of their offerings they shouldn't had been offered in the first place. Right now I rather put my money on a product from a reliable company that will actually deliver that product, than waiting almost a year and at the end not getting the product because it was cancelled WITHOUT THEY TELLING US SO, and getting the product replaced without our concent is not the way to conduct business, and I can't reward that type of behavior anymore just so they can produce the next line without fulfilling their earlier commitment, and I can just let them keep my money so someone else can "possibly" gets theirs.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #2,043 of 2,949
But once again, that's putting the risk/responsibility for the continued economic solvency of Trinity in its customers. At this point, you are free to do with your money what you want and to support whatever company you want, but it's absurd to ask other people to act as investors when they are customers of a company. You should be able to get the headphones that you paid for, and that should not be dependent on wether other people pull out or not. If Trinity didn't have the capital to produce all of their offerings they shouldn't had been offered in the first place. Right now I rather put my money on a product from a reliable company that will actually deliver that product, than waiting almost a year and at the end not getting the product because it was cancelled WITHOUT THEY TELLING US SO, and getting the product replaced without our concent is not the way to conduct business, and I can't reward that type of behavior anymore just so they can produce the next line without fulfilling their earlier commitment, and I can just let them keep my money so someone else can "possibly" gets theirs.

I understand your point totally and i wasn't asking anyone to not do what i have already considered, i think at this point in the game there is no right or wrong option only choices , my post was more to say i don't want them to fail, i want my hunter and im worried about my investment and possible outcome if everyone pulls out.
But that decision is totally everyone's to make and understandable in the circumstances.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #2,044 of 2,949
You're right. :) Sometimes I'm a bit... :wink:

I have no problems with delays, when I got true information why.
They said they've quality issues with the 3. batch of AD so they will upgrade to Master, but no one got one AD from the 1. and 2. batch?
I got told my AD/Master will be shipped at the first days of June and than someone posted an update from KS that they need another 2-3 weeks for master to be in stock?
This lack of communication is disappointing, TA should talk to the people like before and be honest to them.
If something goes wrong give the information in time to the customer, that's all I wanted.
If they've kept their communication/information up2date, I still would wait - but so, no.

Exactly. I don't care about delays, but the truth would be a welcome change of pace. I cancelled my Master "upgrade" for the AD I wanted. I'm now hoping the bonus Icarus I and the Icarus III iem eventually come.
My fear is that when the money runs out, so will the refunds.

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #2,045 of 2,949
Exactly. I don't care about delays, but the truth would be a welcome change of pace. I cancelled my Master "upgrade" for the AD I wanted. I'm now hoping the bonus Icarus I and the Icarus III iem eventually come.
My fear is that when the money runs out, so will the refunds.

Like i said in my previous posts I think people are more worried now than just complaining.
However much i want to support trinity for them and my own gain i think now more than ever is the time for real reassurance from trinity , not just a sorry we are behind.
No one knows there actual financial situation and mine and others worrys about not getting my product may be unfounded, but only a bit more transparency and some genuine reassurance at this point will stop this whole speculation .

Jun 10, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #2,046 of 2,949
Unfortunately, their communications have not been truthful and cannot be trusted. There are only two things that can happen to convince me one way or the other. Either my orders arrive, or Trinity declares bankruptcy. I'm hoping for option #1!

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #2,047 of 2,949
Unfortunately, their communications have not been truthful and cannot be trusted. There are only two things that can happen to convince me one way or the other. Either my orders arrive, or Trinity declares bankruptcy. I'm hoping for option #1!
I sure hope Number 2 does not happen!
That will not be good for all of us!

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #2,048 of 2,949
Although I obviously don't know what Trinity's financial situation is in any detail, I doubt that there should be concern about bankruptcy or the company folding.
The company director is Joe Watts of Rockjaw Audio, he is also the person that writes the Trinity Audio blog posts - the guy who apologizes for the delays and confusions. Not Bob, Joe. He also seems like a very trustworthy person from the videos and interviews that I have seen, frequently mentioning "morals" in his business practices. How happy or unhappy he is with the current situation is also not quantifiable, but probably not so much!
Interesting that Rockjaw pursued a very conservative approach to adding to their product line, maybe one additional model per year, very risk averse, and also very successful. Rockjaw Audio turnover was 3.6Million in 2015, and 6.9million in 2016 - so they are growing and doing *very* well!
With that sort of financial backing, and a very rich, responsible director, I find it hard to believe that he would let them go under as he probably has significant investment in the company. Also his personal and business reputation is on the line with Trinity Audio.
I hope and wish his involvement is more than just heading the board and writing the blog posts, and that he would apply his "moral" standards to the way that Trinity deal with customers, but whatever the situation, there would seem to be plenty of financial backing behind Trinity and I truly don't see bankruptcy or any similar situation ever being a cause for concern.
As customers, we vote with our money, and our confidence and desires. Choose what's best for you, not for a company that clearly said "head-fi makes up a small fraction of our business now" - they are sure they can manage without "us", and they probably can and almost definitely will.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #2,049 of 2,949
I understand your point totally and i wasn't asking anyone to not do what i have already considered, i think at this point in the game there is no right or wrong option only choices , my post was more to say i don't want them to fail, i want my hunter and im worried about my investment and possible outcome if everyone pulls out.
But that decision is totally everyone's to make and understandable in the circumstances.
That's my problem with the way Trinity went about things though, you getting the headphones you already paid for, regardless of discount, should not be dependent on wether they get the funding through earlier products that should already be delivered. You as a customer should get the goods you already paid for, period. That's the way business work. Trinity is not a charity, and they are not doing this as a favor, ultimately. I was not accusing you of trying to dissuade people one way or the other, but what I was trying to point out is that Trinity is going about their issues the wrong way, and we as customers have no obligation towards them except for paying the price for the goods as agreed.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #2,050 of 2,949
we as customers have no obligation towards them except for paying the price for the goods as agreed.
Exactly. As I pointed out in my previous post, I sincerely doubt that Trinity are suffering badly. They have a solid financial base. And head-fi makes up a small fraction of their customers, according to them.
What, half a dozen people have cancelled from here? Hardly enough to take Trinity to bankruptcy, I think.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #2,051 of 2,949
That's my problem with the way Trinity went about things though, you getting the headphones you already paid for, regardless of discount, should not be dependent on wether they get the funding through earlier products that should already be delivered. You as a customer should get the goods you already paid for, period. That's the way business work. Trinity is not a charity, and they are not doing this as a favor, ultimately. I was not accusing you of trying to dissuade people one way or the other, but what I was trying to point out is that Trinity is going about their issues the wrong way, and we as customers have no obligation towards them except for paying the price for the goods as agreed.

Exactly. As I pointed out in my previous post, I sincerely doubt that Trinity are suffering badly. They have a solid financial base. And head-fi makes up a small fraction of their customers, according to them.
What, half a dozen people have cancelled from here? Hardly enough to take Trinity to bankruptcy, I think.

Well i hope your both right as i said i have no idea about there financial situation , also it's not just the cancelling its the constant rework and if trinitys financial situation was amazing why are they doing pre order in the first place? They might have zillions but there a small growing company and what's going on has got to hurt.
I just want to say that ALL what i have just pointed out is just speculative on my part and just mine and others worrys about getting there product
Im not going to bash them , i am going to continue to wait for my products but i think after being so much behind in nearly all products we deserve more information on regular intervals and not just on Twitter or Instagram or Kickstarter but by EMAIL then and only then will my speculative worry subside a bit

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,052 of 2,949
Jun 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,053 of 2,949
Thanks, guys. ☺️ Email sent to Bob. Just crossing my fingers that I'll get a reply tomorrow and that my wish will be granted.

I think it is quite harsh to charge someone a cancellation fee when delivery of product is very late and there have been numerous delays on the supply end. It is not unreasonable to expect delivery of paid goods within the stated time frame and if this time frame becomes extended or unreasonable then a cancellation of the order is not unreasonable and should not incur punitive charges.

Jun 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2,054 of 2,949
I think it is quite harsh to charge someone a cancellation fee when delivery of product is very late and there have been numerous delays on the supply end. It is not unreasonable to expect delivery of paid goods within the stated time frame and if this time frame becomes extended or unreasonable then a cancellation of the order is not unreasonable and should not incur punitive charges.
I could not have said this better.

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #2,055 of 2,949
Imo what TA is doing is very close to fraud and I'm really disappointed that a company with such a questionable business moral are allowed to be a site sponsor. I'd guess money (in this case other people's) is all that counts.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back