Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Mar 11, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #1,503 of 2,949
Oh come on you don't think he's sexy hot? You want him and you know it. We all do right? I can't wait till I get my PM6's dress up like him and scream too. :rolleyes: Maybe he's not even screaming? Maybe ripping a big one. :eek:

:gs1000smile:

Maybe he's annoyed at waiting. It's a bit like being in a Disney Line for the next show ........

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #1,504 of 2,949
gs1000.gif

Maybe he's annoyed at waiting. It's a bit like being in a Disney Line for the next show ........

I think you're all missing the point. Trinity are clearly providing a public information service, visually warning against the dangers of sudden volume increases when carrying around DAP's. You can see the intense agony on his face and his hair standing on end, as his One Direction playlist suddenly increases to earsplitting decibel levels.
Thank you Trinity for this timely reminder!
beyersmile.png

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #1,507 of 2,949
Master on order. Sure wouldn't pay full price ont the Icarus, but I have the suspicion that there will not be experiences posted before the one week sale ends. Plus... how many IEMs do I "need"?

No way there will be impressions before the end of the week. Maybe I'll buy if the pound tanks some more vs the dollar, but so far, sexy IEMs still aren't on the buy list.

How many IEMs do I need? Arguably, one. How many do I have? 3 on hand, 4 on pre-order
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,509 of 2,949
No way there will be impressions before the end of the week. Maybe I'll buy if the pound tanks some more vs the dollar, but so far, sexy IEMs still aren't on the buy list.

How many IEMs do I need? Arguably, one. How many do I have? 3 on hand, 4 on pre-order :p

I want one for the office, one for home, and my main gear in my bag For everyday carry. The fixed-location ones are backup units in case I don't have my bag with me and whenever I get a new IEM my wife gets my hand-me-downs. Our friends and officemates get second-hand gifts from successive hand me downs. :)

It's a ecosystem I've created!

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,510 of 2,949
I want one for the office, one for home, and my main gear in my bag For everyday carry. The fixed-location ones are backup units in case I don't have my bag with me and whenever I get a new IEM my wife gets my hand-me-downs. Our friends and officemates get second-hand gifts from successive hand me downs.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a ecosystem I've created!

Do any of them ever check to see if you have new IEMs? Lol
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #1,511 of 2,949
Hi guys,
I totally understand that asking this before anyone has heard it may not bring and ultimate answer but I'll try anyway (and at least it will be a different question than "when will it ship" :)).
I've been using Vsonic GR07 for some time and as the fixed cable is going to give way soon and the price for repair does not seem reasonable, I am looking for a replacement. Going through forums, I came across Trinity offering good looking phones for good prices (particularly the pre-sales) and my question is: Is it a good idea to buy Icarus III (or maybe Master) as a replacement for GR07? I don't have much experience with phones, I bought GR07 wanting to have something better than PortaPro. That got me to a completely new level of quality but I have never tried anything else. I also don't need to have a number of phones at the same time. One is enough for me.
I listen mainly to classical music, opera, acappella vocal music or acoustic guitar stuff. Would Icarus III be good for this? I understand that no one can really say but at least you have experience with some of the Trinity phones and can maybe compare to GR07. I admit that I have no idea if we are talking about a similar quality level or if either Trinity or Vsonic are completely a different level, impossible to compare.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #1,512 of 2,949
Hi guys,

I totally understand that asking this before anyone has heard it may not bring and ultimate answer but I'll try anyway (and at least it will be a different question than "when will it ship" :)).

I've been using Vsonic GR07 for some time and as the fixed cable is going to give way soon and the price for repair does not seem reasonable, I am looking for a replacement. Going through forums, I came across Trinity offering good looking phones for good prices (particularly the pre-sales) and my question is: Is it a good idea to buy Icarus III (or maybe Master) as a replacement for GR07? I don't have much experience with phones, I bought GR07 wanting to have something better than PortaPro. That got me to a completely new level of quality but I have never tried anything else. I also don't need to have a number of phones at the same time. One is enough for me.

I listen mainly to classical music, opera, acappella vocal music or acoustic guitar stuff. Would Icarus III be good for this? I understand that no one can really say but at least you have experience with some of the Trinity phones and can maybe compare to GR07. I admit that I have no idea if we are talking about a similar quality level or if either Trinity or Vsonic are completely a different level, impossible to compare.

I too am coming from a pair of VSonic's, the VSD5S for me. On specs and hardware alone, the masters and Icarus should blow the VSonics out of the water. The driver set up is far superior, and the tuning capabilities are almost unprecedented. If you're looking at Icarus III's, then you can use the coupon code GETMEICARUS to get 100 pounds off, but that ends this week.
You should post in the other trinity thread too, its far more active at the moment and you'll likely get more responses.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #1,513 of 2,949
I too am coming from a pair of VSonic's, the VSD5S for me. On specs and hardware alone, the masters and Icarus should blow the VSonics out of the water. The driver set up is far superior, and the tuning capabilities are almost unprecedented. If you're looking at Icarus III's, then you can use the coupon code GETMEICARUS to get 100 pounds off, but that ends this week.

You should post in the other trinity thread too, its far more active at the moment and you'll likely get more responses.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem

Thanks, that's kind of what I wanted to hear :). I'll try to post to that other thread, anyway.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #1,514 of 2,949
  Hi guys,

Take a look at the FLC8S.  If they fit your ears and you like the GR07 sound the FLC will blow you away.  They are a step up in price category but absolutely worth it.  I wouldn't suggest any of the Trinity line as an only IEM since there's no way to even guess whether it might be your kind of sound or not.  I'd only recommend pre ordering from Trinity to someone who is really patient and who enjoys the gamble and already owned a variety of gear.  That way if it isn't your ideal sound you could set it aside and use for some specific purpose or genre.  

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,515 of 2,949
Thanks for suggestion, however, 500 bugs are a long way of my budget. I understand that paying 3 or 4 times more will bring me outstanding quality but this is not the way I want to go. My question is more like - will Trinity bring good quality? I don't really care if it is different in sound from GR07, reading this forum, I get the feeling that the members care about details that I really don't mind. My problem with PortaPro was that there was too much bass. Maybe good for dance music or rock but not for classical. GR07 are way flatter in the spectrum which I like. My question is buying one of the Trinity range, I risk that the phones will be of the relatively poor quality of PortaPro (thay anyone can hear) or if the chances are that the difference from GR07 will be like in instrument spacing, stage representation, airyness or such hard-to-describe details. If the latter is true, I'll probably be happy with Trinity. I don't mind the difference (i do not compare) if the quality is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back