Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,339 of 2,949
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. People have asked questions over and over regarding Hunter and Master 6.

Trinity has all the time in the world to post updates about other pre-order products as opposed to products that are being released imminently.

I'm so happy to hear Icarus appears to have their best soundstage and spacing of any of their ear monitors as Bob seems to describe.

I can only hope that Hunter far exceeds the sound aspects of Icarus in every way.
I am hopeful that since he describes Hunter as top-of-the-line ear monitor that it has all the features of which that means properly controlled and emphasized bass/subbass nicely placed and forward mids, comfortable detail (not hot)and sparkle in the treble as well as a beautiful spacious, airy three-dimensional soundstage.

Bob in my opinion has been way too quiet on the top-end/tiered products over the last several months and to hear that they spent a lot of time on adjusting supposed mid tier products has me very frustrated.

I know I'm going to get bashed in the thread for not being patient and waiting for the products as they are in the process of being released

I'm just tired of Trinity placing all this time and effort currently on these other products and not giving us information, accurate website and details about the products that are in the process of shipping.( no problem for the website changes on new items)

I don't think I ask for much with appropriately updated website, information about an expensive product I purchased.

I understand the process of pre-order and supporting development of a product. By the way, Trinity never said that we were basically paying for their development of the product with these pre-orders. A pre-order is not a kick starter campaign. We were told there was extensive development going on with these products and they were going to live up to the top tier quality.

Trinity knows that they deliberately used these forums to provide pre release information and constant comments on their products to help drive their sales.

I understand they're changing Philosophy both in product development and how they're releasing information.

But I expect as I'm sure many others who are afraid to voice their opinion more information about what we're about to receive. I don't think that's an unreasonable request

I started to think about the handmade comment regarding Hunter and now I wonder where it was handmade-China ? UK? Was Bob overseeing the assembly of these high-end products?

Attack away, please tell me to wait and I'm being impatient etc.

Bob, how come no quick video comparing Hunter, Master six versus these new line products to reassure those of us who purchased these what a wonderful product we are getting

I'm sorry my frustration continues to build and I have great apprehension

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,341 of 2,949
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. People have asked questions over and over regarding Hunter and Master 6.

Trinity has all the time in the world to post updates about other pre-order products as opposed to products that are being released imminently.

I'm so happy to hear Icarus appears to have their best soundstage and spacing of any of their ear monitors as Bob seems to describe.

I can only hope that Hunter far exceeds the sound aspects of Icarus in every way.
I am hopeful that since he describes Hunter as top-of-the-line ear monitor that it has all the features of which that means properly controlled and emphasized bass/subbass nicely placed and forward mids, comfortable detail (not hot)and sparkle in the treble as well as a beautiful spacious, airy three-dimensional soundstage.

Bob in my opinion has been way too quiet on the top-end/tiered products over the last several months and to hear that they spent a lot of time on adjusting supposed mid tier products has me very frustrated.

I know I'm going to get bashed in the thread for not being patient and waiting for the products as they are in the process of being released

I'm just tired of Trinity placing all this time and effort currently on these other products and not giving us information, accurate website and details about the products that are in the process of shipping.( no problem for the website changes on new items)

I don't think I ask for much with appropriately updated website, information about an expensive product I purchased.

I understand the process of pre-order and supporting development of a product. By the way, Trinity never said that we were basically paying for their development of the product with these pre-orders. A pre-order is not a kick starter campaign. We were told there was extensive development going on with these products and they were going to live up to the top tier quality.

Trinity knows that they deliberately used these forums to provide pre release information and constant comments on their products to help drive their sales.

I understand they're changing Philosophy both in product development and how they're releasing information.

But I expect as I'm sure many others who are afraid to voice their opinion more information about what we're about to receive. I don't think that's an unreasonable request

I started to think about the handmade comment regarding Hunter and now I wonder where it was handmade-China ? UK? Was Bob overseeing the assembly of these high-end products?

Attack away, please tell me to wait and I'm being impatient etc.

Bob, how come no quick video comparing Hunter, Master six versus these new line products to reassure those of us who purchased these what a wonderful product we are getting

I'm sorry my frustration continues to build and I have great apprehension

We have not covered the Master 6 and Hunter much as its been covered to death within head-fi, from initials listens and further development etc. What else is there to say?

We are doing videos on everything but give us some time, we can only dedicate so much time to each thing we have to get done at anyone time.

The Hunter and Master 6 still rightly deserve the top spot and are supremely technical as covered by us and all others who listened to them.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #1,342 of 2,949
We have not covered the Master 6 and Hunter much as its been covered to death within head-fi, from initials listens and further development etc. What else is there to say?

We are doing videos on everything but give us some time, we can only dedicate so much time to each thing we have to get done at anyone time.

The Hunter and Master 6 still rightly deserve the top spot and are supremely technical as covered by us and all others who listened to them.

Bob, I appreciate the fact that these threads have sometimes become a frustration for you.

I respectfully disagree regarding Hunter. The last information about the sound was preproduction when there was an adjustment made in the filters after Brooko reviewed a prototype and a little feedback at Can Jam last summer.
Then things became very quiet without any additional information.

I am clearly in your opinion beating a dead horse and I respect that and I'm sorry. But I hope you respect my point of view as the consumer.

I think your customer service is remarkable and some of the best I've seen in the industry.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,343 of 2,949
Bob, I appreciate the fact that these threads have sometimes become a frustration for you.

I respectfully disagree regarding Hunter. The last information about the sound was preproduction when there was an adjustment made in the filters after Brooko reviewed a prototype and a little feedback at Can Jam last summer.
Then things became very quiet without any additional information.

I am clearly in your opinion beating a dead horse and I respect that and I'm sorry. But I hope you respect my point of view as the consumer.

I think your customer service is remarkable and some of the best I've seen in the industry.

I always respect everyones point of view.

Sorry if i came across a little blunt but we are crazy busy trying to get everything sorted and shipped, its a big task. This place can be a blessing and curse :)

Anyway just to give you some feedback we are very proud of the Hunter and Master 6, both are remarkable and think most would struggle to find a comparable IEM for sub £1k. We will be doing some in depth Master 6 and Hunter videos and show you some very cool stuff of how we made them etc.

As soon as you have them in your hands your fears will be gone.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #1,344 of 2,949
I always respect everyones point of view.

Sorry if i came across a little blunt but we are crazy busy trying to get everything sorted and shipped, its a big task. This place can be a blessing and curse :)

Anyway just to give you some feedback we are very proud of the Hunter and Master 6, both are remarkable and thing most would struggle to find a comparable IEM for sub £1k. We will be doing some in depth Master 6 and Hunter videos and show you some very cool stuff of how we made them etc.

As soon as you have them in your hands your fears will be gone.

Can. Not. Wait. >.<

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,347 of 2,949
I am really excited about the Hunter and PM6 being finished and have been very patient with the delivery.

However, during past weeks there were numerous instances where the PM6 was getting on par with Hunters (same new dynamic driver, same "special customer treatment"). It now seems that both IEMs are nearly the same and that the Hunters are no longer superior to PM6s in accordance with their price difference. Also, it is still not clear whether the PM6 doesnt have 1 more DD than the Hunter, which would make it (at least on paper) better than the more expensive Hunter. As I have preordered the Hunters I am quite nervous about this.

Therefore, I would like to ask Bob, what makes the Hunter superior to the PM6. Thanks in advance.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,348 of 2,949
  I am really excited about the Hunter and PM6 being finished and have been very patient with the delivery.

However, during past weeks there were numerous instances where the PM6 was getting on par with Hunters (same new dynamic driver, same "special customer treatment"). It now seems that both IEMs are nearly the same and that the Hunters are no longer superior to PM6s in accordance with their price difference. Also, it is still not clear whether the PM6 doesnt have 1 more DD than the Hunter, which would make it (at least on paper) better than the more expensive Hunter. As I have preordered the Hunters I am quite nervous about this.

Therefore, I would like to ask Bob, what makes the Hunter superior to the PM6. Thanks in advance.

I remember Bob saying that the difference lies in what is specified in description as exclusive for this model (in bold):

The Phantom Hunter features our new dual coil dynamic driver as well as 2 X dual balanced armatures using our unique armature chamber vectoring system to provide the most detail, imaging and refined high frequencies. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #1,349 of 2,949

From my understanding, the PM6 has 1 extra DD than the hunter, for the push pull configuration, while the hunter has some vectoring system akin to the tuned acoustic expansion chamber that campfire audio uses on their high end BA designs.

Not to mention that more drivers does not necessarily equal better. I recently bought a campfire vega, which is a single DD iem and it blows everything else I currently own out of the water. So just because it has less drivers, does not make it inferior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back