Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Feb 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #1,040 of 2,949
Personally, I'd rather wait and get a better product. If you gave me the choice of waiting another three months for a substantially improved IEM, I'd do it. And after those three months, I'd make the same choice again. That said, I can't fault anyone for being upset. The delays are basically ridiculous and indefensible at this point. If I were to attack or disparage a critic, I'd just look like a biased fanboy doing damage control. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,041 of 2,949
Personally, I'd rather wait and get a better product. If you gave me the choice of waiting another three months for a substantially improved IEM, I'd do it. And in three months time, I'd make the same choice again. That said, I can't fault anyone for being upset. The delays are basically ridiculous and indefensible at this point. If I were to attack or disparage a critic, I'd just look like a biased fanboy doing damage control. 

Thinking in this way you can ended with endless waiting and never actually get product:wink:

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,043 of 2,949
I'm happy waiting as long as it takes. I really am.
But.
When I'm told things are really close, and In final QC, an inexplicable silence is unwarranted and causes doubt. I'm not saying there's an actual problem with the company, Bob, or the product at all.

I'm saying that one is being slowly caused, probably unnecessarily, and it's certainly taking the shine off. It is. Even the staunchest supporter must be inwardly disappointed to some extent.

Just a single pic, or quantifiable morsel is all it will take.

I'm / we're not whinging here. Just asking for a tangiable update.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,044 of 2,949
Personally, I'd rather wait and get a better product. If you gave me the choice of waiting another three months for a substantially improved IEM, I'd do it. And after those three months, I'd make the same choice again. That said, I can't fault anyone for being upset. The delays are basically ridiculous and indefensible at this point. If I were to attack or disparage a critic, I'd just look like a biased fanboy doing damage control. 

Well I want the best product as well. But endless waiting is a concern especially since they have my money and will no longer allow me to cancel if I don't wish to wait the extended period of time without substantial cancellation fees

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #1,045 of 2,949
Well I want the best product as well. But endless waiting is a concern especially since they have my money and will no longer allow me to cancel if I don't wish to wait the extended period of time without substantial cancellation fees

This.  I'm in the same boat as you.  I have had no problems waiting since I don't really need these, but you're right.  They do have our money and no way to cancel without substantial fees.  I still really want it but if I were to be able to get my money back without any fees, I might just go that route.  Nothing against Trinity. I still believe that they will be successful and produce great sounding stuff, but at this point, I'm kind of over it already.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #1,046 of 2,949
I'm personally okay with how things have progressed so far and the products I have on pre-order from them are certainly now at the stage in my mind of "oh yeah, I bought these" rather than the excited hoopla of finally getting them, but that's just me. I'll continue to support the Trinity team in their endeavors, but I completely understand the frustrations with waiting from some customers. At this point, I feel it's warranted. A certain unhappiness with the situation is justifiable as long as it doesn't turn to negative slander at this stage.

Still, when the day comes in (hopefully) 3-4 weeks or less and my Airs show up on my doorstep, I'll be quite happy to give them a go.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #1,047 of 2,949
  I mixed up single with dual.

anyhow can somebody tell me if the filters are interchangeable among models? I do not truly plan mixing and matching, but since I am putting aside the long ones i just need to know if I need to label them per model or simply put all trinity filters together.

I think the grouping of the filters is the same than in http://trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/filter-colours-explained
I can tell for sure that sabre are different to the others and that virus and master 4 are equal and interchangeable.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #1,049 of 2,949
  I find it really strange and unprofessional that a product that's supposedly shipping in 10 days doesn't have more than one picture and keeps getting changed information on the site 

I know its terrible isn't it, forgetting the fact that there is a big disclaimer that says things are subject to change blah blah blah. Are you aware that we made changes part way through? Are you aware that the MASSIVE discounts we give are for those early adopters that accept all of the above in return for a MASSIVE discount?

Frustrating as waiting is, this is why we offer such MASSIVE discounts, you get it far cheaper than retail, but you ride the pre-order wave and the wait. The ONLY reason we have taken so long is due to the changes and changes to how QC is done. All changes are better for all concerned. 

If you are not happy you can email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and we can cancel and refund your order if you wish.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #1,050 of 2,949
I know its terrible isn't it, forgetting the fact that there is a big disclaimer that says things are subject to change blah blah blah. Are you aware that we made changes part way through? Are you aware that the MASSIVE discounts we give are for those early adopters that accept all of the above in return for a MASSIVE discount?

Frustrating as waiting is, this is why we offer such MASSIVE discounts, you get it far cheaper than retail, but you ride the pre-order wave and the wait. The ONLY reason we have taken so long is due to the changes and changes to how QC is done. All changes are better for all concerned. 

If you are not happy you can email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and we can cancel and refund your order if you wish.

With a cancellation fee, of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back