Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #781 of 2,949
I totally understand where that concern is coming from. I guess we are witnessing the problem with pre-ordering and crowd funding. Quality issues aside, there was so much hype and even Bob saying the PM4 sounded amazing. I was already skeptical about the lack of passive crossovers but then to see the insane amount of THD and complaints of "weirdness" that sounds to me like comb filtering, definitely lowered my expectations of the Hunter I have on order. I really hope the PM6 and Hunter do deliver, and I believe they could be great which is why I didn't cancel. Just saying I understand why confidence has been shaken.

Yah, it gets more serious when you're messing around with hunter prices, cuz when your buying something like the hunter, you're not messing around.

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #782 of 2,949
I have a general technical question to the Trinity team.
I'm curious on the layout of the Phantom Hunters driver and its two dual-BAs.

Is the dome in the outer shell the location of the driver from which the low frequency waves follow a relatively straight tract to the filter system and the sound waves of the two dual-BAs are vectored into its stream? Or could the reason why the shell design is circular be due to curved tracts of varied length for each frequency range output? Or could the sound waves from each source be vectored using dive planes?

I'm just a curious engineering student, if its not a trade secret I'd be happy with a general insight or maybe a link to a technical document of similar technology. Thanks in advance!

I also have a general question to everyone that has ordered the Hunter. 
I finally understand the significance of balanced cables but I own a Fiio X5II stacked with their E12A and do not have a balanced-out port. What is everyone currently using or planning on upgrading to in order to take advantage of their balanced capability? Thanks to you all in advance too!

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #783 of 2,949
I have a general technical question to the Trinity team.
I'm curious on the layout of the Phantom Hunters driver and its two dual-BAs.

Is the dome in the outer shell the location of the driver from which the low frequency waves follow a relatively straight tract to the filter system and the sound waves of the two dual-BAs are vectored into its stream? Or could the reason why the shell design is circular be due to curved tracts of varied length for each frequency range output? Or could the sound waves from each source be vectored using dive planes?

I'm just a curious engineering student, if its not a trade secret I'd be happy with a general insight or maybe a link to a technical document of similar technology. Thanks in advance!

I also have a general question to everyone that has ordered the Hunter. 
I finally understand the significance of balanced cables but I own a Fiio X5II stacked with their E12A and do not have a balanced-out port. What is everyone currently using or planning on upgrading to in order to take advantage of their balanced capability? Thanks to you all in advance too!

For the second point, rule of thumb, you shd've a balanced source to use a balanced o/p device- IEM or HPs. simply,balanced connections end-to-end,in the chain........

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #784 of 2,949
So back to the question posted 20 posts ago, can we know something more about the Sagaris?
I am also interested even if I will not pre-order anything until I do not receive one of the three I am waiting for (air, master, master6) also because I am concerned to a small team already working one 4 more products while there are a few still not finished.

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #785 of 2,949
The Sagaris collaboration was mentioned in one of the other threads months ago, with a note that Bob was going to be spending more time on it in the new year (if memory serves), so this seems in line with that original prediction.

I don't have any "inside" knowledge so this is just supposition, but bear in mind that both the Hunter and PM6 were available for listening in pre production form at Canjam London in the summer last year, so apart from giving tweaks done between them and now based on feedback from people like Brooko, they will have been finalised a long time back, so it's not like the design team are juggling a million balls here. I don't envy them trying to pack everything when the current production run finishes around the end of Jan for the three new models, but that's a different story! :wink:

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #786 of 2,949
It does suck if you purchased the pm4 and now you have to fork over another 60 GBP's to get the final product you expected initially.  

Just a note that the above is a few people's situation, not the majority I would expect.

I thought long and hard about upgrading the the Master and decided against it, it's a great deal but... I have been nothing but happy with the PM4 and have the PM6 and the AIR on the way.

I will be saving up so that my next trinity IEM is their Flagship IEM.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #787 of 2,949
Thing is Trinity has a loyal base of customers including me after a successful Kickstarter campaign. However, is loyalty to the brand going to convince me that I should continue supporting the brand? The answer is no by looking at recent events. For example, releasing the Master straight after the PM4 shows Trinity do not have confidence in their product and even the Vyrus 2.0 is beng released. How can I trust Trinity when they are not even confident in their own products? Yes, I used to be a Trinity fan but this action of releasing new iems after releases does not suit well with me. Loyalty is one thing, built up by the trust but trust is gone when the company did some actions like releasing 2.0 and a entire new series to make more cash. A good history is not relevant if recent actions are executed wrongly. Technically, even the most loyal of fans will give up the brand as such like forking another 60£ for the master straight after having the PM4 which is now discontinued? Lol

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #788 of 2,949
Thing is Trinity has a loyal base of customers including me after a successful Kickstarter campaign. However, is loyalty to the brand going to convince me that I should continue supporting the brand? The answer is no by looking at recent events. For example, releasing the Master straight after the PM4 shows Trinity do not have confidence in their product and even the Vyrus 2.0 is beng released. How can I trust Trinity when they are not even confident in their own products? Yes, I used to be a Trinity fan but this action of releasing new iems after releases does not suit well with me. Loyalty is one thing, built up by the trust but trust is gone when the company did some actions like releasing 2.0 and a entire new series to make more cash. A good history is not relevant if recent actions are executed wrongly. Technically, even the most loyal of fans will give up the brand as such like forking another 60£ for the master straight after having the PM4 which is now discontinued? Lol

I don't see it as a cash grab, but that they are learning from their mistakes and making fixes.  One one hand you can see this as listening to the customers and improving a product but it can also cast doubt as to whether the TOTL models will be up to snuff.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #789 of 2,949
I don't see it as a cash grab, but that they are learning from their mistakes and making fixes.  One one hand you can see this as listening to the customers and improving a product but it can also cast doubt as to whether the TOTL models will be up to snuff.
did you support trinity since ks days? Haha

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #790 of 2,949
did you support trinity since ks days? Haha

Nope, but I did get pulled into the hype.  

BTW I totally agree with you about all but motivation.  I really don't think they are intentionally updating products to make more money Apple style.  But it does show the power of a big expensive R&D team and more money into development offered by the big name brands allowing them to get it right on the first try.   If they nailed the Hunter and it truly is TOTL worthy I'm sure a lot of the recent doubts around here will permanently go away.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #792 of 2,949
then you wouldnt understand the whole journey
Well, I have been watching it just not personally invested until a few months ago. I'm not trying to argue against any of your points, the fixed cable thing still bothers me even though I will have my preferred standard 2 pin on the Hunter. The reason being every explanation offered seemed to trying to justify away simplifying production as a benefit to the consumer. I could be totally off base here but that's how it looked to me.

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #793 of 2,949
Well, I have been watching it just not personally invested until a few months ago. I'm not trying to argue against any of your points, the fixed cable thing still bothers me even though I will have my preferred standard 2 pin on the Hunter. The reason being every explanation offered seemed to trying to justify away simplifying production as a benefit to the consumer. I could be totally off base here but that's how it looked to me.
i agree with you but right from the start, I foresee Trinity to be good and consistent but now that is not the case. Too much changes are annoying mate. Another 60£ for Master? No thanks mate. Even customer service has experienced a decline.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #794 of 2,949
agree with you Audio123, i wish he would focus  get the current range  right , i just feel i have a product  which is  being superseeded and thus an inferior product  as soon as i buy . Also the website  often wrong as an example  info  says  hunter  will start shipping approx  dec to jan ,  well   its jan now , remove the dec bit its long gone !!

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #795 of 2,949
  agree with you Audio123, i wish he would focus  get the current range  right , i just feel i have a product  which is  being superseeded and thus an inferior product  as soon as i buy . Also the website  often wrong as an example  info  says  hunter  will start shipping approx  dec to jan ,  well   its jan now , remove the dec bit its long gone !!

I hate to say, but that has been my feeling too and I have only recently become aware of Trinity. They're a great company and I am convinced their products are real value for money. Yet while I am still very interested in the PM6, I am reluctant to buy until the reviews are out and I fear that by that time it will be sold out, or worse, replaced.

I am also a little disappointed about details such as the website saying the Vyrus includes silicone tips, but they were not in the box when I got them. I didn't realise those were supposed to be in there and am disappointed that I now have to search for alternative, basic silicone tips because I prefer those over the SpinFit, foam and double flange offerings in the box. It's nitpicking, but still...

Anyway, I do hope they continue to do well and I will certainly keep a close eye on how the brand develops. It is still young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back