Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #721 of 2,949
I have two IEM from trinity which both gives the same affect that I can't really explain. It is the original Delta and the new Vyrus. Sometimes when you move your head or the cable it feels like you get small electric shocks in the ear. They are very small but still hurts and is a bit uncomfortable. I can't really explain how that can be the case but maybe someone here can explain what happens and how to avoid them.

I have similar problem with right earphone (PM4), specially when my dx90 is connected to charger.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #722 of 2,949
  well, considering that they are listing march as the release date for the master, im assuming May at the earliest, i dont blame them, even bigger manufacturers have issues, i remember that the Westone 4 was so delayed it was considered vaporware at some point (i remember i put it in the same group as chinese democracy and duke nukem forever at the time).

And i dont mind if it it comes out May if its done right, the Phanom master 4 is a excelent IEM, and i did troll a bit at first becuase i was pissed off that 2 cables showed the same issue in the same week, but then again my old earsonics SM3v2 also had cable issues (if i recall correctly the cable slowly came out of the IEM) and i had to eventualy replace it with the Westone compatible FiiO cable.

Anyways, the Redesign due march looks pretty good, and the phantom masters 4... lets say i´ve learned to handle the cable defect. i already put down my order and paid my dues. i think its a project worth investing in and as i said before, i dont think theres a IEM south of 200 euros right now that is significantly better then the PM4.

Have you heard the LZ A4?

-Collin-

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #723 of 2,949
  I have two IEM from trinity which both gives the same affect that I can't really explain. It is the original Delta and the new Vyrus. Sometimes when you move your head or the cable it feels like you get small electric shocks in the ear. They are very small but still hurts and is a bit uncomfortable. I can't really explain how that can be the case but maybe someone here can explain what happens and how to avoid them.

I had that problem rarely with that Delta but more often with the Hyperion. Can't comment on any of the newer Trinity offerings because I don't own any of them yet. But I believe the answer is static discharge. At least that part isn't too hard to figure out; the why is a mystery to me. For the most part, I only get those shocks if I'm wearing these and taking off clothing, usually shirts being the culprit. I ALWAYS take out my Hyperions now whenever I take off my fleece shell cuz taking that off creates a huge amount of static for me. Not sure if there's some sort of grounding issue or if it's something weird regarding the cable insulation. I wanna say I read somewhere that Bob was aware of the problem and looking into it, but I'm not entirely sure.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #724 of 2,949
I wanna say I read somewhere that Bob was aware of the problem and looking into it, but I'm not entirely sure.

Yep. That was on the other thread forever ago when I first joined it. A few people reported this problem with their trinity IEMs, and bob responded. I'll search for the post, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
*edit* Found it! Bob's comment about the static discharge issue, waaaaay back in the original phantom thread:
It's caused by static build up. It's not the iem directly, rather the cable and the clothes you wear build up static. It's a non uncommon amount all iems

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #725 of 2,949
I apologize if I missed this, but for those who preordered the Master 6 and are going to receive it with the two-pin removable cable, does anyone know which two-pin cable this is? As I understand it, there's the UE style one that is .75 and the Noble/Earsonics/CIEM/etc. one that is .78. Anyone have any insight on that? I'm sure I'm jumping the gun, but the wait would be easier knowing I had other cable options when/if I receive them. 

-Collin-

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #726 of 2,949
Yep. That was on the other thread forever ago when I first joined it. A few people reported this problem with their trinity IEMs, and bob responded. I'll search for the post, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
*edit* Found it! Bob's comment about the static discharge issue, waaaaay back in the original phantom thread:

Nice work!

I apologize if I missed this, but for those who preordered the Master 6 and are going to receive it with the two-pin removable cable, does anyone know which two-pin cable this is? As I understand it, there's the UE style one that is .75 and the Noble/Earsonics/CIEM/etc. one that is .78. Anyone have any insight on that? I'm sure I'm jumping the gun, but the wait would be easier knowing I had other cable options when/if I receive them. 

-Collin-

I don't think you should concern yourself with that worry. The way I see it, it matters less which style it is because there's alternative cabling out for both connector types, though I'd agree that the 0.78mm pins used by JH/Noble/64Audio/etc. has more selection because it's more wide-spread.

Wording regarding the 2-pin said that it's the industry-standard 2-pin which I associate with being the 0.78mm because as we've all noted, the 0.75mm is known to be used almost exclusively by UE models (and not even all of them, just some). ).78mm 2-pin sockets would be my bet for the pre-order production PM6 and Hunter.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #727 of 2,949

-Collin-

what size do the current 2 pin trinity models use?  i'd like to think it's going to be the same so buyers who have previous 2 pin models will have more cables to choose from, but knowing trinity and changes all bets are off really.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #728 of 2,949

-Collin-

It is standard 2-pin 0.78mm connectors , , ,

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #729 of 2,949
I'm excited about the atlas delta. This will be my first earphone in this price range besides trying out my dad's se215. When I ordered it, I thought it was going to be a dual driver hybrid with 7 filters. Now it's a triple driver with a dual coil and 16 filters all for the grand price (with preorder sale and headfi discount) of $70. That's fancy and that price is probably unheard of. I wish my budget would have allowed an even fancier one, but I'm sure I'll be happy with it. Thank you and a belated happy Christmas Bob!

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #730 of 2,949
I just found out about the Atlas Delta's (thanks to head-fi and a popular but unnamed deal website) and I promptly plunked down my dollars on a pair. I'm a mid-range, in-ear, value-priced junkie and the Atlas Delta's looked to be right up my audio alley. I like what I've read online about Trinity's other products and am very much looking forward to hearing what they're all about sonically. The more the merrier when it comes to engaging in-ears!

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #733 of 2,949
@Bobtrinity

I have finally achived a proper seal on my PM4s with some triple flange tips I bought and I am impressed with the sound. However, if I had longer filters, I would be able to try the other tips supplied with the PM4. Do Trinity have longer filters available to fit the PM4? Happy to purchase a set if you do.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #734 of 2,949
mock up of the dac/amp w/bluetooth
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO3T1m6hfRH/

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #735 of 2,949
  mock up of the dac/amp w/bluetooth
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO3T1m6hfRH/

Nice. I also noticed there was a pic of the next Vyrus. Return of the colored L/R strain reliefs! That said, I do hope it's going to be sturdier than it looks in that rendering;  of course, a rendering doesn't give any indication of strain relief flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back