Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #272 of 2,949
Wait...  The new atlas delta has the dual-BA's instead of the original single BA of the delta vII?

I don't want another pm4, that was so much forward detail.  Is the original delta sound signature still what's being used, or this going to be steroided up, too?

The delta vII was such a success with the sound...  Is the sound being changed, too? 

It's not the same set up and will be nice. Armature used is very different to master 4

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #273 of 2,949
It's not the same set up and will be nice. Armature used is very different to master 4

Sounds good.
biggrin.gif

I fell in love with the delta VII sound signature, but it didn't fit...  I've been chasing after her since.

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #275 of 2,949

Is there any chance for existing PM4 owners to go for the Atlas Delta with the "upgrade" program since we have the keep the existing equipment option? I had minor issues with filters and housing and I don't mind keeping my PM4 but I would actually like something splashproof, smaller, and better for the park than another PM4. Different is nice as well!

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #276 of 2,949
Wait wait wait... this is a lot to process.
Please tell me if i'm following it correctly:

I have the Atlas Delta on pre-order. So basically instead of the original Delta V2 hardware, i will have a dual voice coil and 2 BAs now?
I'm assuming the signature won't be the same of the Deltas as originally planned, right @Bobtrinity?

And, just to be clear and see if i got everything right... 16 filters, 8 of them are damped, is that correct?

Thanks again guys 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #278 of 2,949

Gross.  There goes one of your main advantages: the beautiful, lightweight, braided cable that has become my favorite of any headphone/iem I own.  -1

To each his own experience
wink_face.gif

The one I use is thinner/ lighter, behaves better, actually the PM4 fit slightly better, and presents the stage/images better. The braids have been in the drawer. Perhaps I'll sell one of mine. Probably prefer the RA low profile though straight is better with my impedance adapter and BGVP cables.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #279 of 2,949
Wait wait wait... this is a lot to process.
Please tell me if i'm following it correctly:

I have the Atlas Delta on pre-order. So basically instead of the original Delta V2 hardware, i will have a dual voice coil and 2 BAs now?
I'm assuming the signature won't be the same of the Deltas as originally planned, right @Bobtrinity
?

And, just to be clear and see if i got everything right... 16 filters, 8 of them are damped, is that correct?

Thanks again guys :)  

I think the dual coil driver is an error on the product listing. I think Bob correct that here on the forum. Pretty sure it is single dual coil driver and dual BA, i.e. 3 driver hybrid

Trinity needs to look over the product descriptions and make corrections. The errors can be misleading and makes it hard to know what the product will include

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #282 of 2,949
You know I have recommended the atlas delta to any one I can because it was promised to have the beautiful sound that the delta vII had.  I fell in love with audio for that reason. The delta vII had a quality to it that the phantom lineup (and I'll include the vyrus with that) just doesn't have, period.  And now I am worried that it is moving away from the sound signature that i recommend and many others I know had fallen in love with.  

I just hope "improvement" doesn't mean juicing something up, putting steroids into it or making it extra vivid or some gimmicky tweak to have an effect.  The delta vII was excellent for treble sensitivity (and this quality was tied into the beauty of it's sound signature) which is why I recommended it to so many inquiring, and i just hope that it hasn't undergone deviation towards the trending phantom IEM's, which are just overkill on detail at many times.

I was really looking forward to the atlas delta cuz it was purported to have the delta vII sound.  I recommended others to buy it for that reason, who bought it for that reason...  

I appreciate BOB using us at head-fi to help tweak his products, but now I feel like a tool.  I want to be optimistic about what's to come, and I was because of the sound signature of the delta vII (especially being incorporated into the new shell)...

I really want the atlas delta to come through.  I really want those with treble sensitivity, who I recommended this to, to enjoy it for that quality none of the other active IEM's in the line up can truly provide...  A quality the original  atlas delta would have provided, and I want to say that these changes were for the best and BOB came through....  I don't want to look like an @$$ putting confidence in a product for other's to experience and that product ending up disappointing.

It feels a little sketchy right now and I feel like that is a very valid point to make.  I am losing confidence specifically with this model.  I am losing confidence in general.  "this sucks."

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #283 of 2,949
You know I have recommended the atlas delta to any one I can because it was promised to have the beautiful sound that the delta vII had.  I fell in love with audio for that reason. The delta vII had a quality to it that the phantom lineup (and I'll include the vyrus with that) just doesn't have, period.  And now I am worried that it is moving away from the sound signature that i recommend and many others I know had fallen in love with.  

I just hope "improvement" doesn't mean juicing something up, putting steroids into it or making it extra vivid or some gimmicky tweak to have an effect.  The delta vII was excellent for treble sensitivity (and this quality was tied into the beauty of it's sound signature) which is why I recommended it to so many inquiring, and i just hope that it hasn't undergone deviation towards the trending phantom IEM's, which are just overkill on detail at many times.

I was really looking forward to the atlas delta cuz it was purported to have the delta vII sound.  I recommended others to buy it for that reason, who bought it for that reason...  

I appreciate BOB using us at head-fi to help tweak his products, but now I feel like a tool.  I want to be optimistic about what's to come, and I was because of the sound signature of the delta vII (especially being incorporated into the new shell)...

I really want the atlas delta to come through.  I really want those with treble sensitivity, who I recommended this to, to enjoy it for that quality none of the other active IEM's in the line up can truly provide...  A quality the original  atlas delta would have provided, and I want to say that these changes were for the best and BOB came through....  I don't want to look like an @$$ putting confidence in a product for other's to experience and that product ending up disappointing.

It feels a little sketchy right now and I feel like that is a very valid point to make.  I am losing confidence specifically with this model.  I am losing confidence in general.  "this sucks."

I don't think I have yet created an end product that sounds bad yet.

Maybe our sound is not for you. Such is life etc..

Reality is that we using this combination because it sounds better, the high frequencies are better controlled and just really nice.

I think we have been more than accommodating but I would say reserve judgement and comments until you read reviews or impressions.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #284 of 2,949

There is no need to lose confidence at this stage. All the changes are designed to make the product sound better and easier to use. If Trinity Audio have done good to start with they'll be seeking to improve. Logically if they're not doing changes to cut costs, and if we believe in their engineering skills, the product will be an improvement for the majority of the people who have bought Trinity in the first place. The engineer being the same one as made all the wonderful products before(Bob) will still be tailoring the sound signature to that of which appeals to him. We see this time and again from manufacturers. They have a characteristic sound which they aim to gradually improve upon with each design. I see nothing to get overly concerned about at this stage.

I don't think I have yet created an end product that sounds bad yet.

Reality is that we using this combination because it sounds better, the high frequencies are better controlled and just really nice.

And when we look at Bob's answer he is addressing the sound quality and the reputation he has built up in creating that fidelity. That is still clearly what motivates him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back