Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Dec 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #604 of 2,949
I see Master comes with one balanced cable of 3.5mm. The usual connector in DAP market (Cayin N5, Ibasso DX200, Fiio X5 III, Aune M1S, Fiio X7) is 2.5mm TRRS. Is 3.5mm then the correct data?

Sony (not the new gen) and Hifiman use 3.5mm balanced. Some have asked but it seems no change to their std offering. But the standalone cable has option for 2.5mm balanced

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #606 of 2,949
@Bobtrinity What is the point of having two codes that have the same discount? And how is it a trade up deal when anyone can use the code, even if they haven't bought a Trinity IEM?

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #607 of 2,949
  @Bobtrinity What is the point of having two codes that have the same discount? And how is it a trade up deal when anyone can use the code, even if they haven't bought a Trinity IEM?

Not sure about the first question, but they'll cancel any order that uses the discount code but isn't eligible, just like they did with people who used the head-fi discount on PM6 when it wasn't applicable to that product. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #609 of 2,949
If you're eligible for it and can't wait for an email, you can always use the code TRADEUPPROGRAM mentioned in the blog post on Trinity's site. That's what I did after Bob confirmed current PM6/Hunter preorders are included in the offer. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #610 of 2,949
I'm thinking of getting the AAW Capri (lightning cable to DAC to standard 2pin /or/ MMCX (intended to plug in at the IEM) to use with the Master unless Trinity's DAC is coming soon and will have a lightning cable. Would the Capri likely work with the Master? Is the Master a standard 2pin?

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #612 of 2,949
I'm thinking of getting the AAW Capri (lightning cable to DAC to standard 2pin /or/ [COLOR=2A2A2A]MMCX (intended to plug in at the IEM) to use with the Master unless Trinity's DAC is coming soon and will have a lightning cable. Would the Capri likely work with the Master? Is the Master a standard 2pin?[/COLOR]

Not going to work. Master with new cable system with fixed end on shell, but detachable at Y-splitter. Probably something like Sennheiser IE800.

If you go for Capri, you will need reterminate to suit Trinity design

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #613 of 2,949
Got the promo code this morning.  Thanks!  I will definitely try them out at that price.  I own the Delta Hybrid V-II and the Phantom Sabre and they are both excellent IEMs. Far, far superior to the IE80s I own.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #614 of 2,949
If you're eligible for it and can't wait for an email, you can always use the code TRADEUPPROGRAM mentioned in the blog post on Trinity's site. That's what I did after Bob confirmed current PM6/Hunter preorders are included in the offer. 

Great! But might pull the trigger next year since too much expenses these x-mas holidays

By the way Bob, do you have a photo of Master if how they look like when worn?

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #615 of 2,949
I had no goal of inciting.  just sharing and comprehensively touching on points made by other posts along the way.  

I am very well aware: you bought it, there's no returning it, and that's that... and you try it out and you'll probably keep it...  But others were considering different IEM's, making plans with other things, not with trinity, so it was helpful have it addressed and if they had doubts, then fine.

You may have had no intention of incitement, but you must have foreseen the disruptive fracas you posts would cause.

The product CAN be cancelled or returned. It is nobody's fault but the customers if they failed to read the vendors Terms and Conditions of sale. Indeed this has been present for a while that any cancellations would incur a 30% charge. Yet Bob has only now started applying this.

Finally, Bob and Trinity have been open and transparent about their products on this forum from the start, often to their detriment. Also sending pre-release items to respected members for their feedback. Also displaying pre-release items for listening and feedback at CanJam.

It's unfathomable, unthinkable and deeply unfair the criticism in some posts the heat Bob is receiving.

Please note, whilst I've quoted two aspects of your post Indigo Bob, my reply is meant generally and not to single you out in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back