Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jun 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #2,086 of 2,949
Peter with all due respect. When you ordered the Icarus lll you knew everything about this company, lack of deliverys, lies etc. I could understand if a person with no knowledge of the company would buy from them and then be surprised when nothing shows up. You should know better than buying from them, as the saying goes, you knew what you were getting in to :). Again this is written with a smile, life is too short to get involved with this company :)

And just for record, I cancelled my PM6 several weeks ago. It took some emails and a few lies, but I got my refund in the end. I will never buy from this company again, I can accept delays but not lies.

Yes, I was fully aware of that and that's why I waited until May to order them as it was my impression that they were pretty much done. I wanted to bring them along on my upcoming July vacation and honestly thought that would be realistic at the time. I could never imagine getting a refund if they didn't deliver to be a problem either from what I've read in here.

I'm not surprised but disappointed.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #2,087 of 2,949
I could never imagine getting a refund if they didn't deliver to be a problem either from what I've read in here.
So what was the reason? "Currently shipping" or too late? Or what else, please?
I got my IcarusIII order cancelled, but that was in May. Took a few back and forth emails, but they asked why- totally fair, of course- and took a week, but didn't argue about it. I ordered back when "guaranteed April" was still in play. #sigh.
Still got friends waiting for news and product. :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,088 of 2,949
Yes, I was fully aware of that and that's why I waited until May to order them as it was my impression that they were pretty much done. I wanted to bring them along on my upcoming July vacation and honestly thought that would be realistic at the time. I could never imagine getting a refund if they didn't deliver to be a problem either from what I've read in here.

I'm not surprised but disappointed.
Live and learn right? This isn't the Trinity Audio of old; if you're wanting an IEM to be delivered, you better make sure other people have already started receiving them before you think about making a purchase. They haven't had an on-time release with ANY of their past 5 major releases (Hunter, PM6, Master 4, Master, Atlas Delta); heck, one of them doesn't even exist in any capacity as far as any of us knows.

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #2,089 of 2,949
Live and learn right? This isn't the Trinity Audio of old; if you're wanting an IEM to be delivered, you better make sure other people have already started receiving them before you think about making a purchase. They haven't had an on-time release with ANY of their past 5 major releases (Hunter, PM6, Master 4, Master, Atlas Delta); heck, one of them doesn't even exist in any capacity as far as any of us knows.

So what was the reason? "Currently shipping" or too late? Or what else, please?
I got my IcarusIII order cancelled, but that was in May. Took a few back and forth emails, but they asked why- totally fair, of course- and took a week, but didn't argue about it. I ordered back when "guaranteed April" was still in play. #sigh.
Still got friends waiting for news and product. :frowning2:

When asking for a refund I just got the answer that it wasn't possible because of the terms of agreement when purchasing pre-order items and a link to the terms. Having been very patient with TA when waiting for everything that's supposed to be in the package with the PM4 to arrive (it took me several months to get everything properly working after receiving the actual IEM's) I was expecting a bit more understanding but that sure was wrong.

Just for the record I ran my own small company for eight years and if I'd been treating my customers the way TA does that period would've been a lot shorter. In my ecxperience if you're a small company it's even more important to treat your customers with respect and have control on your supply chain compared to that what a big company can get away with. For a (small) company to keep lying to their customers on multiple occasions is just a safe way lose them imo.

People can say wehatever they won't about me bitching but I feel like getting pissed on and I'm just that kind of person who doesn't enjoy that......

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #2,090 of 2,949
When asking for a refund I just got the answer that it wasn't possible because of the terms of agreement when purchasing pre-order items and a link to the terms.
Hmm, back in March when Bob was still engaging in these threads, he was asked if the 30% cancellation charges applied to IcarusIII, and in a reputation note he said "no, no charge for Icarus". And I got a refund last month.
Guess they are tightening things up, must be too many refund requests going in. :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #2,092 of 2,949
Got a reply from Jake, they've shipped my (free) Hyperion and I've to send it back for refund, so I've decided to keep the order for Icarus IV and Icarus I and cancel my AD and Icarus III. TA will refund these two and no words about cancellation fee, hope I will get a full refund.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,093 of 2,949
I also got a reply from Jake and it seems as if they're now willing to let me of the hook so I'd guess it's time for me to leave this thread for good.

Good luck to all of you still waiting :)

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #2,095 of 2,949
Well, I got my refund from PayPal and as others have said, life's too short to waste on something that just brought me stress, I am done with Trinity as a company, but I've said everything I needed to say about this topic so I will be leaving this thread as well. Good luck to those of you still waiting for refunds/iem, I'll go join conversations on iem that I actually enjoy or I am excited to see come out.

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #2,096 of 2,949
Well, I got my refund from PayPal and as others have said, life's too short to waste on something that just brought me stress, I am done with Trinity as a company, but I've said everything I needed to say about this topic so I will be leaving this thread as well. Good luck to those of you still waiting for refunds/iem, I'll go join conversations on iem that I actually enjoy or I am excited to see come out.

Agreed, and I actually feel so much better now that I've cancelled. What's next for you? I went for the LZ A4 instead. ☺️

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2,097 of 2,949
Agreed, and I actually feel so much better now that I've cancelled. What's next for you? I went for the LZ A4 instead. ☺️
I am interested in that and the Lyra II, also since I like my rha750 so much, I would like to try the t20, and that 3 year warranty is really tempting. Also the new iem from Simgot.

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #2,100 of 2,949
I am seriously starting to think of getting a refund on the PM6 and getting the LZ A4 instead. Anyone knows what the main differences are between the two?
There are few deliveries if the PM6.
The LZ-A4 has a really nice sound that can be tuned to individual tastes. There is a back filter for bass and nozzle filter for higher frequencies.
A4 has 1 DD and 2BA not 6 drivers like PM6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back