TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING prepare to launch new VARIO switchable open and closed back full size headphone
Sep 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #181 of 206
  @Brooko Do you see both K553 and Vario with similar clamping force and comfort? How about height adjustment between the two? My friend has K553 which i tried on and it would be great if the comfort level is about the same.

I had tried MSR7 which is kind of small and with limited height adjustment (for my case), it is just too much for my 'skull' to take. Maybe too much to ask for to match K7xx comfort level.

Darn - Vince has the Vario with him now (I sent it last week)

From memory - the clamp is about the same for my head size.  If Bob does release with larger pad options - I can see it being every bit as comfortable as the K553.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #183 of 206
I don't know if this will help, but I find the vario clamping force to be less than the Hd600, and maybe just a bit more than my AKG K7xx. I would say it's somewhere along the same lines as the ATH-M50

Handy info, got a HD 600 recently and had to get used to the clamping force. I don't mind it being a bit more loose, so this is good news for me. I don't tend to shake my head in any violent way or anything, should be good
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #184 of 206

Darn - Vince has the Vario with him now (I sent it last week)

From memory - the clamp is about the same for my head size.  If Bob does release with larger pad options - I can see it being every bit as comfortable as the K553.

I don't know if this will help, but I find the vario clamping force to be less than the Hd600, and maybe just a bit more than my AKG K7xx. I would say it's somewhere along the same lines as the ATH-M50

Hmm...i am alright with K553 but M50 is no go for me as well. But a bit more than K7xx, maybe should be fine. Thanks. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #186 of 206
  Too bad that the second Vario campaign got cancelled as well..but best of luck for the next one next year. I'll be in, for sure
bigsmile_face.gif

yep, bummed but not surprised.  hopefully by the time it comes back more people will be interested as the price was just outstanding.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #187 of 206
Just for help, not pretending to criticize in a bad way and thankful for all the effort you put on this project, Bob, i would say that maybe a better strategy would be launching the campaign with many more reviews on the web.

Brooko's work was great, but i think that, with different points of view to compare, the imagination of the potential buyer looks further. I was almost sure that i was going to support the project as soon as i had the money, but i felt also a big uncertainty about having only one point of view about them. Maybe doing a review tour with some units traveling around some head-fiers houses and, also, sending them to some other reviewers on the web before beginning the KS would help.

Anyway it's obvious that a lot of people is trusting you right now and not having two campaigns at the same time will make things easier, so courage and congratulations for that work on the varios, they look really promising!!!!

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #188 of 206
  Just for help, not pretending to criticize in a bad way and thankful for all the effort you put on this project, Bob, i would say that maybe a better strategy would be launching the campaign with many more reviews on the web.

Brooko's work was great, but i think that, with different points of view to compare, the imagination of the potential buyer looks further. I was almost sure that i was going to support the project as soon as i had the money, but i felt also a big uncertainty about having only one point of view about them. Maybe doing a review tour with some units traveling around some head-fiers houses and, also, sending them to some other reviewers on the web before beginning the KS would help.

Anyway it's obvious that a lot of people is trusting you right now and not having two campaigns at the same time will make things easier, so courage and congratulations for that work on the varios, they look really promising!!!!

Agreed: give it some time :) I've been spreading the Trinity-word around as well at a Dutch forum I'm active at, and potential buyers immediately go look for reviews  > good? > buy!
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #189 of 206
Not sure if this is the right place to post - but:

Did You see that there is a fundraising on KS now for "Sentio - world's first open and closed Headphone"  by Rockjaw Audio ?

Might interfere with Bob's plan on a Trinity Open and Closed HP

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #190 of 206
Not sure if this is the right place to post - but:

Did You see that there is a fundraising on KS now for "Sentio - world's first open and closed Headphone"  by Rockjaw Audio ?

Might interfere with Bob's plan on a Trinity Open and Closed HP

I designed it for them during my time with them. However rock jaw have changed the tuning from my original spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back