Triad Audio
Oct 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

joefan

New Head-Fier
Anyone know if they are still in business? I purchased through PayPal on 10/21 and have not heard anything from them nor do I have any product. I also emailed Brad and called the number on the PayPal receipt. Any information? Or did I just get swindled out of $600?

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 19
Hi joefan,

I have the same lack of communication issue too. Having ordered a Lisa III XP and paid $675 via PayPal on 16th October I'm still awaiting shipping confirmation. This despite receiving an email from Brad saying that confirmation would be sent on the 18th October. I've emailed Brad on 5 occasions since then requesting info, but there's been no reply. I know that some cottage industry audio manufactures can be lax communicating, but ignoring customers is just plain rude.   

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 19
One never knows what is going on in life, factor in the weekend(yes, even self employed people are allowed weekends off occasionally!) and it is five days, yes communication could be better than that!

I had an email from Jan Meier a couple of hours after I asked about purchasing a stepdance from him saying he was on his way to the airport and would send me an lnvoice when he gets back!

For al we know this person may have encountered a serious family problem and may not be able to get in touch at the moment . The Internet has made us all impatient. I remember before Internet not being concerned at all if I had not response after a couple of weeks.

Personally I always give a leeway of a couple of weeks before posting things like this. I have found they can blow out of all proportion very quickly and the person is hung drawn and quatered in the blink of an eye!

I do hope all is resolved for you but I would give it another week before getting in too much of a tiz, as I say, he may have experienced a sudden family incident, put yourself if those shoes and see where your priorities lay.. I know where mine would!

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 19
ianmedium,

I completely understand what you're saying and haven't denigrated Brad in any way as I'm sure that there's a logical explanation for his tardiness. What unnerves me slightly is receiving an email saying that I'd get shipping notification on the 18th October and not hearing a word since. I do hope that nothing untoward has happened to Brad or his family and will sit tight as you suggest for the moment.

I know what you mean about Jan Meier as he's an excellent communicator and has a wry sense of humour.

Cheers.

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 19

ianmedium,

I completely understand what you're saying and haven't denigrated Brad in any way as I'm sure that there's a logical explanation for his tardiness. What unnerves me slightly is receiving an email saying that I'd get shipping notification on the 18th October and not hearing a word since. I do hope that nothing untoward has happened to Brad or his family and will sit tight as you suggest for the moment.

I know what you mean about Jan Meier as he's an excellent communicator and has a wry sense of humour.

Cheers.

No worries, I did not mean to imply anything negative regarding both of the issues just know that others may want to grind an axe so to speak so wanted to make my comment hopefully to stem that from others than yourself or the op who are justly concerned.
Hope all works out, I am sure it will and you both will be experiencing audio bliss!

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #9 of 19
UPDATE

Received my Lisa III XP this morning and am relieved that it's arrived. Slightly disappointed by the noticeable scratches on the faceplate but will try to polish these out.

Hope that joefan receives his Lisa soon too and will post to confirm this.

Cheers. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #11 of 19
Congratulations smial, I hope you enjoy it greatly. I also hope you receive yours soon as well joefan!

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #12 of 19
Hi Joe,

I didn't knowingly buy a refurbished Lisa III XP as the price was $675 as stated on the Triad website. 

The unit arrived via USPS express delivery. As I said above there are numerous small scratches on it and it was shipped without instructions. 

I sincerely hope that your Lisa arrives soon. 

Cheers.

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #13 of 19

Hi Joe,

I didn't knowingly buy a refurbished Lisa III XP as the price was $675 as stated on the Triad website. 

The unit arrived via USPS express delivery. As I said above there are numerous small scratches on it and it was shipped without instructions. 

I sincerely hope that your Lisa arrives soon. 

Cheers.

I must admit I would not be too happy about the scratches.. But then I am a bit OCD!

Oct 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #14 of 19
TRIAD AUDIO was formed to R & D Phil LaRocco's designs.
One Website was set up to test market the product(s).
Our succes has led to increasing #'s of enquires  and requests .
IF nothing is done, I would likely fail miserably in keeping up
with e-mail and our 10 day delivery policy.  Therefore, a decision
has been made to soon, Shut Down the factory outlet for individual sales!
Established Sponsers / Stores will stock our product for retail sales!
They will be able to answer all your questions,( as a MOT cannot.)
and most important, Let you Hear with Your Own Ears.
So encourage your favorite store to be a T.A. distributor..

PS  Apologies to all who  have received slow responses, or none at all..

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 19
Hi Remitrom,

Despite the lack of communication from Triad Audio as I've detailed above, I would buy from you guys again because your products are sonically sublime. My Lisa III XP only has 72hrs of use and yet it sounds wonderfully composed, lucid and holographic. I cannot wait to fully explore the potential of this audiophile product. 

If you become a solely dealer based concern this'll invariably disenfranchise overseas buyers. As to my knowledge there are currently no UK dealers for Triad Audio and I'm sure this is the situation for other countries too. How about still offering a limited direct sales option for overseas customers who don't have a dealer/distributor in their country?

Please don't deny those from across the pond and elsewhere the chance of owning a Triad Audio amp.

Cheers.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back