TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Aug 4, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #2,777 of 3,867
i3 Pro is coming with smaller size.

I3-PRO-英文详情_03.jpg

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #2,779 of 3,867
TRI I3 Pro Upcoming
Mids is smoother, Treble is sweeter, Size is smaller
I3 Pro will be officially released on 8/10.
$169 (original price $189) for the first five days!!

I3-PRO-英文详情_06.jpg
So... Is it the same driver configuration as the i3 (one DD, one planar, one BA) or are they the exact same models of drivers in the i3 pro as they were in the i3?

Not that it really matters, I'll be instantly ordering them as soon as they're available.... But it'd be good to know

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #2,780 of 3,867
So... Is it the same driver configuration as the i3 (one DD, one planar, one BA) or are they the exact same models of drivers in the i3 pro as they were in the i3?

Not that it really matters, I'll be instantly ordering them as soon as they're available.... But it'd be good to know
I will post the detail later,thank you for your attention. lalalalala~

Aug 9, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #2,781 of 3,867
Is it called i3 pro or i3 pro summer?
Hopefully not the latter as already a couple of summers out there, plus it is winter here in the southern hemisphere.

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #2,785 of 3,867
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #2,786 of 3,867
The i3 pro have the same drivers as i3, but really smaller than i3 in size.
i3 pro fit me well in my ears and honestly there are a few products can fit me.
yes, as a user of i3, I want to say that they are a little large and thick. Waiting for i3 pro

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,787 of 3,867
Same drivers, smaller enclosure, nicer cable, some retuning.... I can't help but feel a bit disappointed honestly but it makes sense as a "pro" model. Hopefully the sound is better but the sound of the i3 was fantastic and probably can't be hugely upgraded with the same drivers. I also worry about the soundstage and imaging taking a hit with the smaller shell....

What I'm really looking for is TRI/KB to use this planar in a higher end design with higher end DD and treble units..... That would be taking this next level to combine the planar with EST drivers and a good Be, dlc or lcp type dynamic driver.

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #2,788 of 3,867
Same drivers, smaller enclosure, nicer cable, some retuning.... I can't help but feel a bit disappointed honestly but it makes sense as a "pro" model. Hopefully the sound is better but the sound of the i3 was fantastic and probably can't be hugely upgraded with the same drivers. I also worry about the soundstage and imaging taking a hit with the smaller shell....

What I'm really looking for is TRI/KB to use this planar in a higher end design with higher end DD and treble units..... That would be taking this next level to combine the planar with EST drivers and a good Be, dlc or lcp type dynamic driver.
Due to where planar magnetic drivers want to be crossed over, in order to use EST drivers, you would still want to involve a BA to help bridge the gap between 5kHz and 7kHz, the upper operational range of most 10mm planar magnetic drivers and the lower operational range of the Sonion EST drivers. I wouldn't be averse to a quad-brid, though.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,789 of 3,867
Due to where planar magnetic drivers want to be crossed over, in order to use EST drivers, you would still want to involve a BA to help bridge the gap between 5kHz and 7kHz, the upper operational range of most 10mm planar magnetic drivers and the lower operational range of the Sonion EST drivers. I wouldn't be averse to a quad-brid, though.
Plenty of 10mm planar drivers out there that are full range and sound quite nice and might disagree with you.... Would rather have bone conduction than a mediocre or poorly placed BA imo.

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #2,790 of 3,867

I am looking for the same product. But I just want a single planar. I don't think planar is a good combination with EST drivers, they are expensive and the sound of EST is not that nature, hope there will be a real planar flagship of TRI/KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back