TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jul 19, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #3,661 of 3,867
I thought, I cannot chase them all.
Agreed. However, I am convincing myself I will be able to sell the ones I don't like.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #3,663 of 3,867
So out of 7Hz Timeless x 2, RAPTGO HOOK-X, TRI I3 (non-pro?) the HOOK-X are the best? Can you share a bit of a comparison between Timeless and HookX? I was going to ask I3 as well, but I only have PRO and I believe it's a different beast according to the reviews.
My personal and subjective opinions are worthless. Best, get a demo unit or buy from Amazon and return whichever you want after a month.

Jul 19, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #3,664 of 3,867
Hi Nick, good to hear from you, how are you getting on?
Hey Chris, not too bad, hope the heatwave is treating you gently.

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #3,665 of 3,867
Hello everyone, I want to ask about headphones

Any headphones with better sound than the Tri I3? 😆
Maybe I'll start at 50$ first after that I'll probably buy Sennheiser.

To be honest, I really like the sound of the Tri I3. But I also don't like the treble.

Thanks for your answer all 😇😊

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #3,666 of 3,867
My personal and subjective opinions are worthless. Best, get a demo unit or buy from Amazon and return whichever you want after a month.

All we all do here is to give our opinions, everyone's opinion is worth hearing, yours as well, Nick!

You have said enough for me to be persuaded about the Hook X. Now I have consider new wife evasion techniques.

Hey Chris, not too bad, hope the heatwave is treating you gently.

To think I used to love hot weather....now I am slowly roasting in my own juices......I know the thought is dreadful.

I suppose it is easier to cope with in the Greek Islands than it is in a built up city like London.

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #3,667 of 3,867
Hello everyone, I want to ask about headphones

Any headphones with better sound than the Tri I3? 😆
Maybe I'll start at 50$ first after that I'll probably buy Sennheiser.

To be honest, I really like the sound of the Tri I3. But I also don't like the treble.

Thanks for your answer all 😇😊
You may want to try on the Headphone threads. Decide whether you want a Bluetooth set with or without noise cancelling. Otherwise if you want wired consider Sivga they have a few to consider.

The most melodic for bassheads (given the handle you have chosen) I have tried are the Blon B08 Beryllium earphones. They still surprise me each time I put them on. I do not know what the current price is, but generally they are inexpensive and fun!

Check in headphone threads before you buy, as I have not kept up with headphones.

Good luck with your search.

Jul 19, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #3,668 of 3,867
You may want to try on the Headphone threads. Decide whether you want a Bluetooth set with or without noise cancelling. Otherwise if you want wired consider Sivga they have a few to consider.

The most melodic for bassheads (given the handle you have chosen) I have tried are the Blon B08 Beryllium earphones. They still surprise me each time I put them on. I do not know what the current price is, but generally they are inexpensive and fun!

Check in headphone threads before you buy, as I have not kept up with headphones.

Good luck with your search.
Okay thanks, i'll go to find the headphones threads

Jul 20, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #3,669 of 3,867
I've found a gap between faceplate and 2-pin connector on my TRI I3 Pro, on both earphones. Be aware, maybe your unit has this gap too. I think KBEar should consider to glue up those gaps as it can affect the sound and isolation. These are awesome IEMs, but those micro-issues can be a little dissapointing.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #3,672 of 3,867
I love TRI's tuning, and I don't have a DLC in my collection. Ordered! :L3000:
First TRI with a single DD, if the DLC is tuned like the Aurora I am all for it.

From what HBB says the mid-bass is toned down and the treble is pronounced without being sibilant...let's see how that turns out.

We will compare notes, mine are on their way.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #3,673 of 3,867
The TRI x HBB KAI is in the house.

Early days but not bad sounding. I just love the cymbal strikes. Mids are not bad and the bass, is mid-bass focussed.

Simple package, nice cable and TRI faux leather case.

20220802_094642.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #3,674 of 3,867
The TRI x HBB KAI is in the house.

Early days but not bad sounding. I just love the cymbal strikes. Mids are not bad and the bass, is mid-bass focussed.

Simple package, nice cable and TRI faux leather case.

20220802_094642.jpg
I almost bit. But their shell reminds me too much of my retired Moondrops. I’ll be curious to see what your final opinion is, of this latest colaboration.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #3,675 of 3,867
I almost bit. But their shell reminds me too much of my retired Moondrops. I’ll be curious to see what your final opinion is, of this latest colaboration.
Hey, good to hear from you. Hope you are well.

Do bear with me, I am a bit....no, a lot behind with my reviews after not being well for a bit and an ear infection. All sorted now just trying to catch up.

What led to the retirement of your Moondrops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back