TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jul 3, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #2,671 of 3,867
Unfortunately never got a believe but I can tell you the balancing is nicely done on the Lofty. Wish they did some burn in from the factory.

I can honestly see some non enthusiasts or folks that dont adhere to burn in being angry about how they sound out of the box. It is very cringe worthy. Lol

I do know one thing, Loftys will make a believer out of a non burn in believer. Just overnight difference is substantial, so I expect them to sound even better tonight.
How's the treble region compared to the NX7 pro?
I like mine except for something in the highs that keeps drawing my attention to the unconvincing nature of it's reproduction of claps/cymbals/hi-hats etc.
Bugs me a bit.
TRI has no track record of a "Pro" moniker. It is new so I do not believe we can attribute any particular model variation to that moniker, except an update and/or upgrade.

This being the first TRI "Pro", my guess is that the TRI I3 Pro is an update and possibly upgrade on a successful model, thus the model name is maintained for recognition but with the "Pro" added to differentiate the previous model from the newer model.

Just my take on it.
Thank you, I hope this too!
I hope they don't try to tame the bass and sub-bass, but just level out the transition from mids to treble and make the treble more articulate with a slight roll-off to protect your hearing. Everything else in the original graph looks very appealing to me, and I'd love to have a justification to buy a planar magnetic set.
Yeah, I'm keen on it being bassy too (in a good way, like folk describe the original!)
I am looking forward to this "Pro" model as I never tried the normal i3.
Me too
It seems like KBEar store on AliExpress has released a “New” Tri I3 but there is no mention of “Pro”. Is this the new Tri I3 Pro Wendy?
That might be the 2-pin variant of the original?

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #2,675 of 3,867
Very tempted to pull the trigger for TRI Starlight. I've been reading and watching the reviews and it is quite interesting to see quite polarizing impressions of this set.
Mostly due to the elevated treble, I believe. And I know that I am treblehead and can bear brightness so it is highly likely that I would love this set. lol

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #2,676 of 3,867
Very tempted to pull the trigger for TRI Starlight. I've been reading and watching the reviews and it is quite interesting to see quite polarizing impressions of this set.
Mostly due to the elevated treble, I believe. And I know that I am treblehead and can bear brightness so it is highly likely that I would love this set. lol
You would probably also enjoy the Tansio Mirai Land. They've got more treble gain than bass gain, regardless of how you adjust the switches, so they seem more of a treble-head rec without the FR having the usual KZ or TRN spikes.

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #2,677 of 3,867
You would probably also enjoy the Tansio Mirai Land. They've got more treble gain than bass gain, regardless of how you adjust the switches, so they seem more of a treble-head rec without the FR having the usual KZ or TRN spikes.
I have been eyeing on Tansio Mirai products too. Thanks for the rec.
Depending on their graph, I think they emphasize the lower treble region, which I have a couple of IEM that have similar traits.
I want to have the one with an excellent post 10k extension, which gives nice air and openness in the sound.
If I havent had Monarch already, I might have considered Land and variations. :)

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2,678 of 3,867
TRI I3 Pro on the way!
Smaller size, beautiful sound!
:beerchug:
1.png
I just received my I3, non pro, and this is the second time I've been really impressed by an iem, so much that I decided to write here to express how much I like it. I'm really curious about this smaller pro version now, even though the size of the regular I3 doesn't bother me at all.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #2,679 of 3,867
I just received my I3, non pro, and this is the second time I've been really impressed by an iem, so much that I decided to write here to express how much I like it. I'm really curious about this smaller pro version now, even though the size of the regular I3 doesn't bother me at all.
I am with you, the size of the original I3 does not bother me either. They fit so snuggly in my ears, I hardly notice them.

I am impressed even though I have had for almost a year and a half.

Curious about the first IEMs you were impressed by!?

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #2,680 of 3,867
I am with you, the size of the original I3 does not bother me either. They fit so snuggly in my ears, I hardly notice them.

I am impressed even though I have had for almost a year and a half.

Curious about the first IEMs you were impressed by!?
CCA CKX. Small, well-shaped shell, decent sound signature, pretty reasonable pricing, and adequate resolution. Much like with TRI's products, this offering from CCA really hits above its price point, and made my experience with the TRI Starsea a bit less mind blowing than it may have otherwise been. The Starseas have better timbre and more resolving treble, but they don't slam as hard in the bass and sub-bass, and the differences where it is better aren't so substantial that it felt quite as worthwhile to upgrade to them for an extra $50. The Starseas do definitely have their aesthetics going for them, though. I absolutely love how they look.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,681 of 3,867
I have been eyeing on Tansio Mirai products too. Thanks for the rec.
Depending on their graph, I think they emphasize the lower treble region, which I have a couple of IEM that have similar traits.
I want to have the one with an excellent post 10k extension, which gives nice air and openness in the sound.
If I havent had Monarch already, I might have considered Land and variations. :)
BGGAR graphed them with their stock tune (blue), and the tuning switches for bass boost (green) and treble boost (red):
2021-06-29 04_18_58-GS Audio GD7B 6BA+1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 0.78 HiFi Audiophile IEM_Earphon...png

They're certainly well-tuned with those minimal peaks, but the treble gain is still a bit much for my needs. And they don't appear to have an anti-fatigue dip like a lot of IEMs with treble gain do.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,682 of 3,867
I definitely think that the Starlights are worth every penny. Lots and lots of detail to be had.

I like by treble on a nice bed of solid sub-bass and the TRI I3 is the master of that domain. However, if the recording permits the Starlights will give you all the information as recorded, the bass is not prominent rather is available when called upon.

They are a pair I cannot pick up when I have things to do because I just want to listen to the next track....and the next.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #2,683 of 3,867
CCA CKX. Small, well-shaped shell, decent sound signature, pretty reasonable pricing, and adequate resolution. Much like with TRI's products, this offering from CCA really hits above its price point, and made my experience with the TRI Starsea a bit less mind blowing than it may have otherwise been. The Starseas have better timbre and more resolving treble, but they don't slam as hard in the bass and sub-bass, and the differences where it is better aren't so substantial that it felt quite as worthwhile to upgrade to them for an extra $50. The Starseas do definitely have their aesthetics going for them, though. I absolutely love how they look.
You must hear the TRI I3, if you have yet to hear them. Especially given you like what the CCA CKX has to offer. The I3 hooked me on TRI. I have tried many IEMs from various brands and I come away feeling the TRI brand has got something good going on....and I would suggest that is tuning.

It would be great to read a comparison between the I3s and the CCA CKX.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #2,684 of 3,867
You must hear the TRI I3, if you have yet to hear them. Especially given you like what the CCA CKX has to offer. The I3 hooked me on TRI. I have tried many IEMs from various brands and I come away feeling the TRI brand has got something good going on....and I would suggest that is tuning.

It would be great to read a comparison between the I3s and the CCA CKX.
Depending on what they do to the tuning for the new Pro revision, I may look into purchasing a set. How people describe the sub-bass and bass on the i3 is really, really appealing to me. Should things work out so I can purchase them, I'll definitely do a brief comparison. Well, as brief as I ever do such things... My guess will be that the CKX will be about 70% of the way to the i3, but the planar magnetic timbre and comparatively reduced treble will make the real difference between the two.

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,685 of 3,867
Depending on what they do to the tuning for the new Pro revision, I may look into purchasing a set. How people describe the sub-bass and bass on the i3 is really, really appealing to me. Should things work out so I can purchase them, I'll definitely do a brief comparison. Well, as brief as I ever do such things... My guess will be that the CKX will be about 70% of the way to the i3, but the planar magnetic timbre and comparatively reduced treble will make the real difference between the two.
I am looking forward to your impressions, when you get I3 Pro (all things falling in place for you) and of course, the comparison between the CCA CKX and the TRI I3 Pro. I may be tempted to do a comparison between the original I3 and the CCA CKX but don't hold me to it. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back