Trent Reznor of NIN is an audiophile
Sep 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not surprised Trent knows a thing or two about audio. But to be honest, there has to be more artist involvement to give awareness on lossless music and better headphones and IEM's and speakers.

Why arent manufacturers signing up artists for advertising their HPs? I can totally see a lot of ppl buying a Sennheiser HD whatever if Trent came and said these are my favourite headphones and I wont listen to anything else.

I'm assuming the profit that can be made on audiophile headphones with or without artist sponsorship is just not worth it, unless the artist came out and endorsed it pro bono.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see people talkin how big LCD they bought...yet they power them with in-built speakers or cheap for-sale Home theatres.

Well, people are obsessed with specs. I've read that most cable TV is highly compressed- which is why we can get so many channels now- and that actually you can get better quality HD video using HD broadcasts OTA. So, maybe the irony is that people think they are obsessed with video- because it's easy to say "Oh 1080P- I arz r0x0rz"- they think they're getting top notch- but they're not (unless they have Satelite video, which is uncompressed). So, maybe it isn't so surprising that they don't care much about sound quality and say "Loox at ma k00lz iPodz! It sounz s0 g00dz". Ignorance is bliss.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 33
Trent is the man. And while we're on the subject, anyone know what the black IEMs are that he uses?

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trent is the man. And while we're on the subject, anyone know what the black IEMs are that he uses?

Senn IE7's?

Looks like they use a Senn G2 wireless setup...

Live Sound: The System & Audio Team For The Latest Nine Inch Nails Concert Tour - Pro Sound Web
Nine Inch Nails “Lights In The Sky” Tour Equipment Rider

Wireless IEM, Microphones & Accessories
9 – Channels of Sennheiser G2 In-Ear Monitors
1 – Sennheiser Antenna Combiner
2 – Sennheiser A5000-CP Antenna

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senn IE7's?

Looks like they use a Senn G2 wireless setup...

Live Sound: The System & Audio Team For The Latest Nine Inch Nails Concert Tour - Pro Sound Web
Nine Inch Nails “Lights In The Sky” Tour Equipment Rider

Wireless IEM, Microphones & Accessories
9 – Channels of Sennheiser G2 In-Ear Monitors
1 – Sennheiser Antenna Combiner
2 – Sennheiser A5000-CP Antenna

Nahh... They're customs for sure. I more or less assume they're UE's.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nahh... They're customs for sure. I more or less assume they're UE's.

Yeah, I agree, I'm sure they're customs. Just thought they might be Senn drivers or something.

Google isn't giving anything concrete.

Try Tweeting him?

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #22 of 33
I'm sure they plug whatever headphones they feel like into a small device that is clipped to the belt or some such. And yeah, I've tried googling it before.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never been able to get into NIN, but this guy seems like a pretty cool dude.

I've never met him or anything, but have been following him for something like 15 years and every interview I have read or watched...he just seems to be a real down to earth normal kinda guy. If he wasn't the musician he is and didn't make the music he does, he would probably buy you a Pabst Blue Ribbon at the local pub.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #25 of 33
they must be UE10 or UE11 most likely....they are becoming the industry standard.

he stopped tweeting i heard so no use.

try NIN forums....he and his hardcore followers post there.

man....love his new physique....and any idea what jeans he wears?....they have a sheen

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not surprised Trent knows a thing or two about audio. But to be honest, there has to be more artist involvement to give awareness on lossless music and better headphones and IEM's and speakers.

Why arent manufacturers signing up artists for advertising their HPs? I can totally see a lot of ppl buying a Sennheiser HD whatever if Trent came and said these are my favourite headphones and I wont listen to anything else.

you are kidding me right? the problem with that is that people who hate the music would write the headphones, the artist, the product off as rubbish. i won't bring up another brand which does that and with an artist who has been signing musicians and making music before reznor released his first album.

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never met him or anything, but have been following him for something like 15 years and every interview I have read or watched...he just seems to be a real down to earth normal kinda guy. If he wasn't the musician he is and didn't make the music he does, he would probably buy you a Pabst Blue Ribbon at the local pub.

I might think that except for his videos ....

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 33
Sep 13, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might think that except for his videos ....

or some of the tour stories from when he was smacked up and partying with Marilyn Manson. He has become older and more subdued like most of us however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back