TrekStor Vibez
Sep 9, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #46 of 56
According to specs, the Vibez does not have a line-out for connecting to amps and such. Can any of you who have actually used one confirm this? My Sony player has a software setting for using the headphone out as a line-out. Does the Vibez sport any such feature?

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #49 of 56
I use my Vibez in car and at my cottage as the main source. In my car I use it as a preamplifier (since I have a direct line in to power amp). Works well without any problems.

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by silmaauki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As there aren't any other comments on the battery life issue I assume my experience of 8-9 hours with flac-files is normal.

My battery has been now replaced (warranty, no cost) and with the new one I can reach 14-15 hours listening with flac-files. This seems to be the normal level of battery life.

Nov 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by silmaauki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My battery has been now replaced (warranty, no cost) and with the new one I can reach 14-15 hours listening with flac-files. This seems to be the normal level of battery life.

Woohoo! That rocks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weren't they going to release a flash version of the Vibez?

Yep. TrekStor announced it at IFA but without a release date. Given that they didn't make it in time for the Christmas shopping season, I'm guessing (pure conjecture!!) they might be waiting for the final cut of the new firmware they're working on (v1.11 is currently in beta). IIRC, because of the different voltage requirements of flash drives vs. the Cornice 1" HDD, they have to update the firmware to make it work.

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #53 of 56
Hi guys,

I am about to buy a Trekstor Vibez 12 GB, but at least on Amazon a lot of people complain about the handling, the buggy firmware and so on. Would you still recommend the Vibez or do you also expirience those kinda issues and problems with the Vibez?

Thanks,
smuh

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #54 of 56
I'm a huge fan, but it all depends on what you're looking for (and if you're willing to try out the beta firmware that addresses some bugs and adds features).

Tell us what you want/need in a player and we can better make a recommendation.

Nov 27, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I am about to buy a Trekstor Vibez 12 GB, but at least on Amazon a lot of people complain about the handling, the buggy firmware and so on. Would you still recommend the Vibez or do you also expirience those kinda issues and problems with the Vibez?

Thanks,
smuh

I've never experienced any "bugginess" in regards to the firmware. My only complaint of the player is the middle select button which requires a precise push. The wheel can be problematic if you keep it in a pocket but you can lock it and use the rocker switch for volume control. I still consider the Vibez one of the best sounding DAPs unamped unmodded. I'm planning on getting the flash based player as soon as it comes out.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #56 of 56
Regarding the wheel, honestly, there are very few center button functions that can't be accomplished by pressing the right side of the wheel. Once you get the hang of it, the wheel is very easy to use and very efficient.

In firmware v1.11, they even made locking the player easier, without depending the center of the wheel, and making it possible with one hand.

The single worst bug is where the player hangs if you save a playlist while Repeat is enabled. This is easily avoidable in 1.04 and fixed in 1.11.

I say, take the plunge. TrekStor has taken a big step in proving that they're invested in continuing to improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back