TrekStor Vibez
May 4, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the case of UM2 vs Super.Fi - what kind of music do you listen to? I listen to too much various music that its not possible to select either one of these, but for comfort and relaxed sound I prefer UM2, and it also does very well with rhythmic music =]

I mainly listen to indie, folk, lo-fi, slow rock, some jazz, and maybe a little bit electronic somtimes. No heavy/metal rock for sure...

May 4, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 56
I think with that flavor UM2 could really do you good then. They are on the neutral side of sounds (as opposed to warm or bright), they do have a feeling of strong bass but it is not out of control and really gets out of the way when you are dealing with acoustic music or electronica, excellent timbre when listening to piano or acoustic guitar =]
+ The Vibez EQ did not disappoint me so far so you can always adjust to your tastes. (I am actually boosting bass with my phones and it feels quite natural when doing it).

May 4, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #18 of 56
I read that the SQ of the F40 was actually pretty good after installing Rockbox. I was going to get one of these before I starting looking into the Vision and found the deal for 150.

May 12, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 56
It's a lovely little player in my opinion but for podcasts it has some drawbacks, like that deleting the current track is not easy or fast and many of the DJ modes will end up offering you a mix of music and podcasts.

May 14, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #20 of 56
I'm thinking of picking up a 12g Vibez to go along with my Westone UM2's. Any ideas on a case? I'm thinking of getting the skin case.

41luFzuZj8L._AA280_.jpg

Thanks.
Do!
102-2380519-6272160

May 15, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #21 of 56
For me I haven't seen a need for a case or cover. The back will get some light scratches after packing it around in your pocket a while but nothing else seems to be affected. Front is rubberized and the screen doesn't scratch easily. I really like the thin build too, IMHO a case might make that a little thicker and not as comfortable to carry. Let us know how it works out if you get one.

May 15, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 56
The Gigabeat has great SQ when rockboxed. Flacs actually sound better to me than they did on my Karma. Wonderful clarity.

May 15, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...3faa0a5c41d331

They are out of stock at the moment, as I'm after one as well.

I've had one on order with them for several weeks. Every time I ask they tell me the stock should be in by the end of the week
mad.gif
We're not spoiled for choice with other suppliers in the UK, so I intend to stick with it and hope their new stock appears soonl

May 15, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 56
I just finished placing my order for a 12g Vibez and skin case shipped 2day mail. I wanted it by Sunday since I'm taking the train up to NY city. Can anyone recommend a usb ac wall charger that works with the vibez. I'm hoping my motorola Slvr charger will work. Anyone?

Thanks.
Do!

May 15, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 56
Any USB wall charger should work just fine. I use my Blackberry wall charger as a backup.

Btw: I found out the hard way, that first charge out of the box is critical. However long it says in the manual to charge it, do so before attempting to load it up with music. After that, you should be golden.

May 16, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any USB wall charger should work just fine. I use my Blackberry wall charger as a backup.

Btw: I found out the hard way, that first charge out of the box is critical. However long it says in the manual to charge it, do so before attempting to load it up with music. After that, you should be golden.

Thanks for the advice. Funny....I'm heading to NYC this weekend.
orphsmile.gif

Later.
Do!

May 19, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #29 of 56
I received my Vibez yesterday and am very pleased so far. This is definitely the best sounding DAP I've heard coming straight from the headphone jack. The ability to tweak and save the 5 band customizable EQ is probably my favorite feature thus far. I now have the EQ set and saved for my Um2's and plan to save a setting for my car as well as my MS'1s. Navigating was simple and very similar to my Squeezebox 3 so no problem there. Unlocking is a PITA! Once you figure it out it gets easier. Still wish it had a small switch on the top or side... oh well. The skin case I received was way overpriced. Should have been about $10. The nice thing about the case is it prevents the wheel from spinning accidentally and hardly adds any thickness to the DAP itself. For $20 I expect the case to give a bit more protection than light scratches. So far so good except for the overpriced case.

Enjoy.
Do!

May 19, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #30 of 56
Congrats, Do! Enjoy it.

FWIW, I recommend going into Settings -> Lock Setup, and configuring the wheel to "Lock" and volume to "Allow". This way, you can still change the volume using the dedicated volume buttons while keeping all the wheel based controls in check.

Also, very very important: When you want to save a playlist, make sure you have Repeat turned off! Otherwise the Vibez will lockup. You may want to give the Vibez FAQ over at Riovolution a read, too.
smily_headphones1.gif
http://www.riovolution.org/thread/523

Users who are viewing this thread

Back