Travel mug?
Apr 18, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 14
I cup my hands and hope for the best.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 14
Does taking the question seriously make me a l4m3r?

Anyway, I like this Thermos Nissan trigger-activated travel mug: keeps drinks hot pretty well, doesn't spill (well, maybe a drop or two) if tipped, doesn't take any fiddling around to drink from, stays open only as long as you're holding down the lever.

JMH402.jpg

Edit: FWIW, I have often seen this item stocked at Peet's. Not every Peet's, and not all the time, but frequently.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 14
my favorite mugs are starbucks mugs that I got in various airports. The coffee's bad, but at least the gear is good. Otherwise, I also have a couple of cheapie lion coffee travel mugs, but they're more likely to spill when dumped over.

Apr 18, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #6 of 14
Ohh, the nissan looks nice.... I guess I should've said the reason I ask is I keep spilling coffee on myself.... It's when I put the lid on, if I don't get the seam of the cup away from the spout, a few drops always come out and spill on my dress shirts....

Apr 18, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #8 of 14
Nissan Thermos mug, all the way.
(mine is not the trigger activated one, just the regular mug)
JMH400-b.jpg

you can get them for around $15 at linens N things / bed bath & beyond with a 20% off coupon.

you can read up on the mug at coffeegeek.com
but really, it keeps the coffee hot, it doesnt mar the coffee's flavor, and it's simple and utilitarian.

big thumbs up

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #10 of 14
The chubby stainless one from Starbux - have three of them - the wife gets the bright polished one, and I use the brushed finish one...but the one I use the most is one that I got for free - saw it every day on the way to work, and one day when the traffic backed up and stopped me within five feet of it, I got out and picked it up...it was the same brushed finish chubby that I have at home, but the handle was broken off. I cannot use the handle, as it does not fit my hand. It had a dent, too. I took it home, cleaned off the remaining handle bracket, sanded it lightly, and sanitized it. The dent is placed exactly where it is easy to put my thumb, and the size fits my hand perfectly. I added my usual neoprene o-ring to the standard lid, and voila, a leakproof top, perfect fit, thermal beverage dispensing system. The chubby ones hold a reasonable amount of beverage, too - about two cups. Best of all, it matches my profile, whether you are talking about my head or my body!

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #13 of 14
I heard the Starbucks one's are nice if you want to mod it.
You can slip in your artwork in the mug. I'm guessing it's their plastic one. Don't know if it's true since I haven't been in a Starbuck's in 4 years.

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #14 of 14
My favorite is a 16oz cup I got from 7-11.
It's made by Thermoserv and looks like the one on this page except mine is black with subdued art work (the 7-11 logo is smaller than a postage stamp) and is only 16oz.
It has a lever that turns a disc in the lid. Seems to keep the coffee hot better than some of the others I have. I like the plastic cups like this one because I can put them in a microwave and touch up the warmth of my coffee.
I have another cup that looks to be similar in construction, but is cheaply made. That cup will always drip if you fill it a second time, and the lid doesn't want to come apart for cleaning like the 7-11 cup does. I got the bad one at a Space Age station.
I got a little 8oz cup from Starbucks that doesn't keep coffee any warmer than a regular ceramic coffee cup. Despite it having a lid with a flip up hole cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back