Transportable/battery-driven high-end amplifiers
Jan 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #31 of 43
Ok I can now run an hrt streamer pro with balanced outs to my graham slee novo running at 24v on a power gorilla power pack. I xan run my beresford bushmaster dac with headphone out using a $30 Hong Kong 12v battery pack or I can have my m2tech young with my slee novo.
The whole lot runs without any diy needed and costs a tenth of some of these other solutions.

May 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #33 of 43
I finally just bought the Square Paper TU-05
biggrin.gif

Should have it in a month.... can't wait !

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #34 of 43
I finally just bought the Square Paper TU-05
biggrin.gif

Should have it in a month.... can't wait !

I've been considering that one too... Or rather the TUR-06... Would like some more data on it like, which heater current etc. is applied. After Pan Am and Continental, I'm pretty fed up with tubes being operated out of their optimal range. Let me know how it sounds! :)

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #35 of 43
I'm also curious about the TUR-06 but I still think this is the best transportable:

...of course you could just use an iPod like Joseph Grado:

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

I've been considering that one too... Or rather the TUR-06... Would like some more data on it like, which heater current etc. is applied. After Pan Am and Continental, I'm pretty fed up with tubes being operated out of their optimal range.Let me know how it sounds! :)

the TU-05 sound pretty good, expecialy noticable is the black background: there is no HISS or any anoying noise behind the music. Impressive !  

Plus, tube rolling can be fun ! look at this thread.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #38 of 43
  Hey guys,

I am hunting for a transportable amp that can drive the Grado RS1s very well with a 1/4 out. Unfortunately, i have yet to find one. Personally, i hate the 1/8 out in HI-FI, as i find them to be very fragile for such expensive equipment and the only one that i knew to have one has been discontinued (the RWA Corvina) in favor of a much more expensive one that comes with a balanced out, which i don't want or need. Tried to find one on sale here in the forums but was not lucky. Finding portable DACs is very easy, like the HRT Streamers and the Halide HD DAC, but amps are another story.

Any tips? Not involving spending $500 on re-cabling, of course. I like my Grados as they are!

The only two I can think of that are 1/4 are the Grado amps and Ray Samuels XP-7.
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/xp-7

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #40 of 43
Well we can definitively add the Bakoon HP-21  to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back