Transit USB Thread
Aug 5, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #31 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
Is anyone still seling the Sonica? or are you buying used (since M-Audio no longer makes the Sonica, the Transit is the replacement for it).

Scott

Some hifi shops here in Hong Kong still list Sonica. I think it takes more time to sell these devices.

Aug 5, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
echo indigo sounds better than transit IMO.

Unless you PCMCIA ports are in use
smily_headphones1.gif

But for a USB solution at this price-point, the sound is wonderful.

Scott

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

The comparison I forgot to do on the mini-meet was between Echo Indigo and Transit....
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #36 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
The comparison I forgot to do on the mini-meet was between Echo Indigo and Transit....
frown.gif

it was right behind my laptop, ahh crap
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

I'll concur with Bill here, I am sure there are mods that can be done, not sure how they would improve sound, but frankly I am quite happy with the stock sound on the Transit, suprisingly "big" sound from such a tiny package, and you can't go wrong for laptop listening. I too use foobar for my listening needs, it has a bit higher learning curve than something like Winamp, but pays off in the end.
Scott

Good to hear, glad out of the box the transit rules. Currently the sound from my laptop -> superdual is amazing me. I finally got winamp playing on quality (instead of crappy eq).

I don't know much about foobar, I tried it once and hated it for some reason, but I am trying it again. I am hoping an eq is working on it, and other random things, and am going to get columns working and all that jazz.... Then tomorrow when my transit comes in I guess I'll mess with asio? ... I got a lot to learn before it gets here tomorrow. =)

Aug 6, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #40 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jink
Good to hear, glad out of the box the transit rules. Currently the sound from my laptop -> superdual is amazing me. I finally got winamp playing on quality (instead of crappy eq).

I don't know much about foobar, I tried it once and hated it for some reason, but I am trying it again. I am hoping an eq is working on it, and other random things, and am going to get columns working and all that jazz.... Then tomorrow when my transit comes in I guess I'll mess with asio? ... I got a lot to learn before it gets here tomorrow. =)

I tried ASIO a few times, and I noticed real benefit to it, and I actually got more noise and problems with it over DirectSound2, that's been my experience.

Scott

Aug 6, 2004 at 1:28 PM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

but still kinda expensive right now:
Indigo 1070HKD
Indigo IO/DJ 1370HKD..

Cant afford that.

Aug 7, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

I tried ASIO a few times, and I noticed real benefit to it, and I actually got more noise and problems with it over DirectSound2, that's been my experience.
Scott

I rightmarked the transit with a digital out-in loop. Results linked below. From the results I think I had bit-perfect output, since my results were almost identical to someone's analysis of the original wav file. So it seems that the transit has bit-perfect digital (and so probably analog) output without ASIO.
It was my first use of the software, and it shows - I initially thought I was getting bad results and should have got -infinity s/n etc.

http://forum.rightmark.org/topic.cgi?id=4:536

Aug 8, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #43 of 51
CSMR,

Thanks for the link! Again, the Transit is a great little unit for the price.

Scott

Aug 12, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #45 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpristin
Hi,

I'm new to all this stuff - will Transit be able to drive HD280 without an amp?

Thanks,
Dmitry.

Hrmm, I'd say yes, I've used the 280 with portbales fine, and I'd say the headphone out is enough, but would defintely benefit from the amp none the less.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back