Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones deliver long-haul performance and a smart travel experience
Nov 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #181 of 228
I have been preparing to review the Meze 11 Neo and 12 Classic IEM's the past 2 days so have set the PXC 550 aside for my work day using only the Meze.

I have missed the heck out of the PXC 550!

They have grown to be the best headphone is my collection other than my MDR-Z7 and I am enjoying them more than any of the IEM's I own aside from the XBA-Z5. Don't get me wrong the Meze's are going to get great reviews because they are excellent IEM's but the PXC 550 hits so many things I love, from comfort to isolation to signature and detail that I just miss them. I still enjoy my Sony MDR-100ABN too but not to the point I would ever say I miss using them. So for a Bluetooth based active noise cancelling headphone to become as enjoyable as 2 $700 products that specialize in only producing good music at the expense of isolation or portability that says something!

For me this is as much a telling point of a great product as anything else I have said.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #183 of 228
  The MB 660 UC and MB 660 UC MS are from our Mobile Business series. The former is optimized for use with major UC and softphone brands and the latter certified for Skype for business.

More info: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headset-office-phone-mb-660-series  

I've been wondering this also, and would like to understand if there are actual technical detail differences between the MB 660 and the PXC 550. Is the MB 660 basically the PCX 550 with additional codecs? Same features but with more? I can't find a direct comparison anywhere either. Does either have a features the other doesn't have? 

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #184 of 228

I've been wondering this also, and would like to understand if there are actual technical detail differences between the MB 660 and the PXC 550. Is the MB 660 basically the PCX 550 with additional codecs? Same features but with more? I can't find a direct comparison anywhere either. Does either have a features the other doesn't have? 

I read both downloadable manuals side-by-side, and it seems that the only difference are a few extra software/feature names specific to business calls on the MB 660, and the addition of the USB Dongle with the 660. All specs look exactly the same as far as I can tell. Any other info on this?

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #185 of 228
Accidentally hit the effect mode button tonight and really enjoyed the result! The club mode gave these a nice big vibrancy boost that actually reminded me of the Bose QC35 in some ways. I wouldn't want to use that feature all the time but is does give more options for sculpting the sound beyond built in EQs on smart devices.

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #186 of 228
haven't heard them, but tried them on briefly at a store (they were dead). Not uncomfortable per se, but very very snug. They tuck behind your ears and under your earlobe in a highly intimate manner. Also, the leatherette feels cheap compared to bose. I say that as a vegetarian who would prefer high quality synthetic leather materials, but if the original orpheus is any indication, this is a challenge for Sennheiser.

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #187 of 228
When I first stated using these they felt snug like you mentioned but after a day or two of use that started to go away and now they are super comfortable. But they are snug around the ears. Good news for me is that they are just right for my ears.

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #188 of 228
I'm using these everyday (four hours each) during my work commutes, and I'm surprised by the sonic quality they output. While the sound stage is about average (I wish it could be larger), there is a lot of air and room to hear different instruments. That is especially a plus for genres like classical. 

If I were to blind-test the PXC 550, I would take it to be a cabled, non-ANC, decently amped, headphone.  

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #189 of 228
How do these compare to the V-moda crossfade wireless? Anyone with an analysis of v-moda's sound signature compared to sennheiser? I listened to the Sen Momentum's next to the wired V-modas and thought they were a bit "boring".

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #190 of 228
I have a pair M100 that my son is now using. Assuming the M100 and the Crossfade wireless share the same signature the PXC 550 will not have as loud a bass response as the Vmoda but it is a bigger bass response than the Momentum so it will be somewhere in between. I love me my bass which is why I own the M100 along with a couple of Sony models known for bass (MDR-Z7 and XBA-Z5) and I find the 550 to still be satisfying. The midrange will be clearer than the VModa, the 550 has a bit if a peak in the treble giving the 550 a slight V shape signature which again will be not as strong as the Vmoda but similar.

You will be pleased to know that while the 550 is not quite as tank built as the Crossfade it is still well built and does not suffer any creaking points or at least the pair I have been using have not had that issue in the month and half I have been using them.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #191 of 228
If someone has a Lotoo PAW5000 can you please test it with these headphones. I've heard the Lotoo isn't the best BT implementation, so before I spend $500 on these excellent headphones I'd like to know if it's a worthwhile pairing.....anyone?

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #192 of 228
Hi Guys,

I just noticed that my charging time from a dead battaery on the 550 was more around 4h (than 3 that they claim on the user manual)
Do you think it s normal ?

Thanks for your feedback

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #194 of 228
No, and I wouldn't. They are not designed for training and I personally use my Momentum in ear or JH13s for workout. I for one sweat a lot so the 550s would soak in sweat :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back