Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Apr 15, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #541 of 546
  I'm currently auditioning the unit. 

The DacAmp One only arrived yesterday and I tell you guys it sounds  excellent as both a dac and amp.

The resolution, refinement and detail this unit puts out is far the best I've heard far as portable amps go. Technical abilities:  DacAmp One is a very strong amp technically, you wouldn't need anymore and It's really more about that high end timbre and atmosphere Tralucents products push out.

I've been running it as an amp from DX50 line out and there's absolutely no veil what so ever as I've found in cheaper amps, just crystal clear reproduction, it makes the DX50 sound like something worth a lot more. . The resolution and posture samples hold in the mid range up to the highs is truly first-class as you would expect from Tralucent.

Even running a pair of  old Sony MDR-V6 last night just for fun, was super impressive what this dac/amp did to them. 

Two gain modes, optical in, USB in / charging , 30 hour run times, and uses the ess 9023 DAC, up to 24/96 (16bit of course too)

I'm rather honoured to hear such a product, must resist buying one..........

Do you have an iPhone? Would you be able to test if it can bypass the iPhone's DAC via CCK adapter? 

Thanks!

Edit - Gavin just confirmed it is Apple compatible via CCK Adapter. =D

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #542 of 546
H20, please stop torture, my wallet is bleeding.

Seriously mate, just buy it, do not waste time on this or that, if there is excellent product why spend money and time on going back and forth???

Gavin, do you plan European tour??? I am ON if yes :D
Frankly speaking i stopped bothering about amp and IEM upgrades. As long as there is Tralucent i need not worry, just hop on and ride musical waves :wink:

So am looking forward to hearing DacAmp and perhaps ref1 in future.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #543 of 546

Seriously mate, just buy it, do not waste time on this or that, if there is excellent product why spend money and time on going enjoying back and forth???

It seems you made a mistake so I fixed that for you friend.
wink.gif

Quote:
Gavin, do you plan European tour??? I am ON if yes
biggrin.gif

Frankly speaking i stopped bothering about amp and IEM upgrades. As long as there is Tralucent i need not worry, just hop on and ride musical waves
wink.gif

So am looking forward to hearing DacAmp and perhaps ref1 in future.

I've been using the unit with Shure SHR940, RDB Mini, Original 1Plus2, ER4S the last few days - you guys are in for treat!

At first I wasn't sure if the soundstage was wide as T1 though taking a second listen (and many more) with a different headphone/IEM the soundstage is wider / more spacious than T1 with more air, when I switch back to T1 it sounds a little compressed compared, even with the ER4S that's known for having squishy staging they open their, legs? and breath. it's really almost like sitting in a recording studio or with live albums like Diana Krall you drift away and imagine you're practically there, even down to the audience detail when they're clapping.

To my ears it's not quite as aggressive as T1, a little smoother overall around the mid-range for me personally but with extra refinement and resolution so it just screams on home, DA1 is simply very well refined and takes that Tralucent timbre to a new level. Also, the volume is easier to adjust, you'll be required to turn the volume pot a little more for your desired listening level giving wider selection, not quite as edgy as T1. (low gain)

I don't need to ever switch high gain on, plenty of power here.

T1's still a mighty fine amp, I use it fulltime but DacAmp One is the upgrade people will be looking for. 
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #544 of 546
Hey guys, I'm trying to order a T1 directly from the Tralucent website but it says they are currently out of stock. Dropped them an email yesterday but still haven't got a reply yet. Are they known to be responsive or am I expected to wait a couple days? Many thanks!

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #545 of 546
Hey guys, I'm trying to order a T1 directly from the Tralucent website but it says they are currently out of stock. Dropped them an email yesterday but still haven't got a reply yet. Are they known to be responsive or am I expected to wait a couple days? Many thanks!

I think they're normally responsive, but you could try PMing spkrs01 here on Head-Fi as he is the man behind Tralucent

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #546 of 546
Been several months since this thread saw any attention.

For those in the USA, (or some other countries) this eBay seller is moving Tralucent T1 for $158 USD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tralucent-Audio-T1-Portable-Amplifier-/221831607178?

It was a good amp at $250 USD originally, even better now at this reduced price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back