Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #556 of 6,404
Always hear them like this, what do you mean? One day the imbalance just appeared out of nowhere when I plugged them in my ears. Strange. It's not the cables either. Maybe one of the iem pin socket inside the earpiece failed.
Quote:
Something gotta be wrong with it then lol. Did you always hear them like this? I don't find mine to be that way at all.... One thing I did notice which was strange... Was after using them for quite a while I cannot use an impedance adapter on it or it will cause an imbalance as you had said.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #557 of 6,404
Quote:
Always hear them like this, what do you mean? One day the imbalance just appeared out of nowhere when I plugged them in my ears. Strange. It's not the cables either. Maybe one of the iem pin socket inside the earpiece failed.

Ok I was confused because when you say they aren't broken (or no imbalance) but they sound off still? I would think that would mean imbalanced :). Are they quieter than before in treble and mids? I had that issue before on my FX700 and old IE8s. I saw it as imbalance though. I think the FX700 was due to the a certain headfier removing the filters from my pair without telling me when I purchased them.....
mad.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #560 of 6,404
Well happy to report no imbalance or 'failures' here and I have been running mine for several hundred hours now. Of course stopping to charge the T1 amp and when I was reinstalling windows 3 times...(yes 3 times but I digress!). Those drivers are pretty tough unless you are pumping huge currents through them. No one using a Schiit Lyr or something similar to power their 1P2V2s? Sorry I just had to say that but I will call them 1Plus2s instead of versioning them...

Will be good to hear impressions again but I assume these new pairs will be getting burnt in as well? Would actually burning in the IEM itself make a difference since it has a silver wire portion now (i.e. regarding transparency) - I assume so...?

Also would be nice to hear larger CAN comparisons also when people demoing get their chance since these are mostly what I am familiar with...

Have I mentioned how transparent and neutral the T1 amp is currently sounding after 350 hours in...

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #564 of 6,404
^I think GG is probably going to get the IEMs sometime soon (maybe even within the next 2 weeks) but I am not sure about prices or whether they will immediately start selling.

Do you by any chance live near Girls Generation in Canada? I mean if you wanted to audition these..

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #565 of 6,404
Prices have definitely gone up due to the costs of parts and labor. Now we'll just have to see if those benefits outweight the price jump. The following reviews should shed some light on that :).

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #566 of 6,404
^I think GG is probably going to get the IEMs sometime soon (maybe even within the next 2 weeks) but I am not sure about prices or whether they will immediately start selling.

Do you by any chance live near Girls Generation in Canada? I mean if you wanted to audition these..

no thank you but good suggestion
im a student in toronto and exams are around the corner
wouldnt want to get all excited about these and fail

about the 1plus2s, what are the holes on the faceplates for
ambient ports or bass ports maybe?

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #567 of 6,404
Quote:

Bass ports.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #569 of 6,404
Quote:

Well you are going to have to make a decision aren't you..what is more important. Trying to get the best out of audio or future careers! 
tongue_smile.gif
 (Yes this is a joke). Good luck btw - I would hate to do exams all over again.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #570 of 6,404
heres the email they sent back regarding price:

"The 1plus2 have been finalized and are being built as I type this email! We have made many changes to the original demo units that were sent out on tour. These changes have improved the sound of 1plus2 by a fair amount.
The first few pairs will be arriving to me next week. The 1plus2 will as standard is now sold with an OCC silver cable. The price is US$1,295."

i think i little too much over my budget as i thought they would still be $700
they are tantalizing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back