Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #5,566 of 6,404
Yeah, that's why I only demo locally...

...sorry A2A :p

I should elaborate further not all thier items are overpriced, for example thier Shure line is decently set. But a lot of their other gear.

Best thing to do is search all sites when interested in an item as the prices aren't truly set on concrete across all Australian online shops.

You guys in Melbourne are lucky, I've often thought of flying up one weekend, the plane ticket cost and demoing would be worth the hundreds it could save me on blind purchases.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #5,567 of 6,404
I should elaborate further not all thier items are overpriced, for example thier Shure line is decently set. But a lot of their other gear.

Best thing to do is search all sites when interested in an item as the prices aren't truly set on concrete across all Australian online shops.

You guys in Melbourne are lucky, I've often thought of flying up one weekend, the plane ticket cost and demoing would be worth the hundreds it could save me on blind purchases.

Just "bus it" h20 :wink:.

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #5,569 of 6,404
Yeh, sounds like what i'd do if i was living in Syd :wink: 

A2A is probably the best audio store we have in Melb, next would be Jaben although their selection isn't as expansive. Sometimes when I have free time on my hands on the weekends, I go up to A2A rocking my HM-901 and sit there auditioning couple of IEMs. More often than not I end up buying something there though, so it can be a dangerous trip for your wallet. 

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #5,570 of 6,404
  Yeh, sounds like what i'd do if i was living in Syd :wink: 

A2A is probably the best audio store we have in Melb, next would be Jaben although their selection isn't as expansive. Sometimes when I have free time on my hands on the weekends, I go up to A2A rocking my HM-901 and sit there auditioning couple of IEMs. More often than not I end up buying something there though, so it can be a dangerous trip for your wallet. 

Makes me want to go to A2A on the weekend!

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #5,571 of 6,404
Can someone point me in the right direction of where/how to buy the 1p2?

I've been on the official site trying to contact someone, NO LUCK! Someone mentioned the name "Gavin" in another forum...I just purchased the Mentor and Roxanne...if I can get a good quote on the 1p2, I may bite. Thanks HF nation.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #5,573 of 6,404
Search for a member named "spkrs01"on this thread pm him..
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #5,574 of 6,404
Hi guys,

After a seemingly eternal wait, the 1plus2s arrived on my doorstep in Sydney earlier today after a long voyage from the USA.

On opening the packaging (after some struggle), I was surprised by the size of the cable and earbuds themselves. These are some serious-looking IEMs.
I immediately attached a pair of JVC Spiral Dot tips that I bought on this thread's recommendation. Earlier in the week I had awesome results attaching these tips (loosely) to a pair of Sennheiser IE800s.
As I had been listening to the Sennheiser IE800s for most of the day, so I attached the 1plus2s and played the last song I had listened to through the Sennheisers: The XX - Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW5AF0m9Zw)

The first 10 seconds of the intro was good; and already I could hear the soundstage that the 1plus2s are known for.

But then the vocals appeared...

The lush, textured almost liquid sound that I had recently discovered with the Sennheisers had been replaced with a comparatively analog, muddied and highly sibilant sound that I was both shocked and severely disappointed with.

I passed this initial test off as a song/tip incompatibility, but as I cycled through different genres and different tips, the more my initial hypothesis was confirmed. The sibilance in some songs was unbearable and I found myself listening to my music at much lower volumes than usual, the bass was punchy but lacked any depth, and even at low volumes distortion was noticeable in the presentation of more powerful synth chords. The soundstage is good; but I have concluded that in almost every aspect the Sennheiser IE800s are better than the Tralucent 1plus2s.

Perhaps the Uber cable would be the solution to the aforementioned problems, but I cannot possibly justify spending another $1300 in order to make these sound like what I already have.

So, fellow Head-Fiers, and especially Ivabign, I am sorry to announce that I am not a fan of the 1plus2s at all. Instead I would urge anyone to buy a pair of Sennheiser IE800s and JVC Spiral Dot tips. A match made in heaven.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their kind advice over the past few weeks, I really appreciate it.

On that note; PM me if interested in a pair of great condition 1plus2s :) I'll sell for the same price I bought for ($799 USD)

I'll start a classified soon if there are no biters.

Cheers,
Nick

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #5,576 of 6,404
Hi guys,

After a seemingly eternal wait, the 1plus2s arrived on my doorstep in Sydney earlier today after a long voyage from the USA.

On opening the packaging (after some struggle), I was surprised by the size of the cable and earbuds themselves. These are some serious-looking IEMs.
I immediately attached a pair of JVC Spiral Dot tips that I bought on this thread's recommendation. Earlier in the week I had awesome results attaching these tips (loosely) to a pair of Sennheiser IE800s.
As I had been listening to the Sennheiser IE800s for most of the day, so I attached the 1plus2s and played the last song I had listened to through the Sennheisers: The XX - Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW5AF0m9Zw)

The first 10 seconds of the intro was good; and already I could hear the soundstage that the 1plus2s are known for.

But then the vocals appeared...

The lush, textured almost liquid sound that I had recently discovered with the Sennheisers had been replaced with a comparatively analog, muddied and highly sibilant sound that I was both shocked and severely disappointed with.

I passed this initial test off as a song/tip incompatibility, but as I cycled through different genres and different tips, the more my initial hypothesis was confirmed. The sibilance in some songs was unbearable and I found myself listening to my music at much lower volumes than usual, the bass was punchy but lacked any depth, and even at low volumes distortion was noticeable in the presentation of more powerful synth chords. The soundstage is good; but I have concluded that in almost every aspect the Sennheiser IE800s are better than the Tralucent 1plus2s.

Perhaps the Uber cable would be the solution to the aforementioned problems, but I cannot possibly justify spending another $1300 in order to make these sound like what I already have.

So, fellow Head-Fiers, and especially Ivabign, I am sorry to announce that I am not a fan of the 1plus2s at all. Instead I would urge anyone to buy a pair of Sennheiser IE800s and JVC Spiral Dot tips. A match made in heaven.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their kind advice over the past few weeks, I really appreciate it.

On that note; PM me if interested in a pair of great condition 1plus2s :) I'll sell for the same price I bought for ($799 USD)

I'll start a classified soon if there are no biters.

Cheers,
Nick
What cable are you using nick?

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #5,577 of 6,404
Nick, were these brand new? A bit surprising at US$799.

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #5,580 of 6,404
I remember the silver/gold cable doesnt have much of sibilance,different story on the double helix fusion cable that im using now i hear tons of sibilance..

I felt there was more sibilance on the new gold cable vs the old silver cable. The old silver cable also made the 1Plus2 more bassy with a bigger sound staging. Well wider that is. Not as much depth though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back