Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,540 of 6,404
zniper, where are you in the world?  If you send your cable to me (USA) I will fix it for free no problem.

You are a good man! :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #5,542 of 6,404
Thanks nazrin, I'll post impressions when they arrive! Seems like the consensus wants me to launch a fireball into my wallet and get the über cable and the AK240... But that's for another pay check... Sooner rather than later I can envisage!

Nick..... stay away from the light! Don't go into the light!...

seriously, thanks for the props - my suggestion is to get acquainted with your new 1p2's before you start switching around cables. listen for a while with all of your music to form a solid baseline of reference - also remember that the 1p2 can take most other 2 pin cables, so if you have any others in your collection, give them a try. Your IEMs don't have any of the dreaded Tralucent loose connectors - the cable fits snugly - but keep an eye out if you use other cables on how they hold - you don't ever want to lose one of these.

Enjoy

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #5,543 of 6,404

I agree. Must have been the slow summer season. When you look at the head to head reviews vs mid tier IEMs like the SE846 and AKG3003 that cost $1k or so, and tupac's comparison chart vs true TOTL which are $1300-1600, the 1plus2 seems like a screaming deal used, especially with a known seller like Ivabign. Just wait till you listen to them...

It was kinda weird they took as long to sell - but I am in the boonies of Montana (a sparsely populated state known for skiing, oil exploration and huge ranches) and wasn't really as responsive as I usually am to PMs (although all got answered in order) I also think folks didn't know what to make of the lower price - I sold for what I paid for them - that's the brilliance of this site - no gouging and everybody gets (for the most part) a good deal if they look for it!

Now I'm going to eat some Bison....

(not really, but they have it at most restaurants)

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #5,544 of 6,404
life is too short, go straight up to Uber.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #5,545 of 6,404
  my suggestion is to get acquainted with your new 1p2's before you start switching around cables. listen for a while with all of your music to form a sbolid aseline of reference - also remember that the 1p2 can take most other 2 pin cables

This is true, I only bought the Uber cable after a solid 5 months listening to the 1plus2 with a silver cable (2 months) then silver/gold (3 months). After the Uber cable, the other cables in my collection didnt even get a looksee. 

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #5,546 of 6,404
  This is true, I only bought the Uber cable after a solid 5 months listening to the 1plus2 with a silver cable (2 months) then silver/gold (3 months). After the Uber cable, the other cables in my collection didnt even get a looksee

You are hereby awarded this:          

lyc-awards-it-uber-fan.png

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #5,549 of 6,404
Nick..... stay away from the light! Don't go into the light!...

seriously, thanks for the props - my suggestion is to get acquainted with your new 1p2's before you start switching around cables. listen for a while with all of your music to form a solid baseline of reference - also remember that the 1p2 can take most other 2 pin cables, so if you have any others in your collection, give them a try. Your IEMs don't have any of the dreaded Tralucent loose connectors - the cable fits snugly - but keep an eye out if you use other cables on how they hold - you don't ever want to lose one of these.

Enjoy

Thanks I'm sure these will get plenty of listening time for my ears to get adjusted to the sound sig.
In the not-so-distant future, sound quality-wise, would I be better off buying the über cable or a similarly-priced dap? I'll probably end up with both but it's just a matter of which one I buy first. Note that I'm using an iPhone 4s at this point in time.

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #5,550 of 6,404
Thanks I'm sure these will get plenty of listening time for my ears to get adjusted to the sound sig.
In the not-so-distant future, sound quality-wise, would I be better off buying the über cable or a similarly-priced dap? I'll probably end up with both but it's just a matter of which one I buy first. Note that I'm using an iPhone 4s at this point in time.

You'll want to upgrade your DAP before any uuber purchase - you will get the most improvement there - and for a lot less than $1300 you can choose a top DAP and maybe even an amp - or go balanced - you have a lot of options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back