Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #66 of 6,404
Quote:
I'm saying I like it over the O2.

Well put...it would be best to avoid terms like outperforms in this subjective world. One may like the other may not - just give us the points where you believe the latter amp improved over the previous and be done with it. The  T1 is at top of list atm...Might try the UHA-6S as well Lee..

Quote:
darn man adopt me as your son :p

haha...no Lee, just give me all your money.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #67 of 6,404
Quote:
Silver cable of your CIEM look really awesome :D

Sorry I missed this comment. Yeah I really enjoy them. The one in the first picture actually gave me issues with the pin breaking so I got it replaced with the other one you see in the lower picture. It even sounds better and is better built. They do really have some very nice cables available and well worth it IMO :). The cable appears to be much more sturdy/durable than the IE8 cable for that matter. Customer service appears to be superb.

@ audionewbi and nk77, only if I win the lottery :wink:.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #70 of 6,404
Ladies and Gentlemen Tralucent Audios website is now live for business. I hope you folks enjoy their products and leave your feedback here.

Thank you :)

http://www.tralucentaudio.com/shop/

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #71 of 6,404
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/epic-replacement-cables.html (heh, pretty sure stock westone cables have really short memory wire though)

do those fit for non believers? (no option to buy ex cable on the site :\ - don't like being pushed cables)

interesting - the site doesn't let you pick colors, faceplates, etc or mention sending impressions for customs. (or have a faq section or terms and conditions incl wty and refund ones, or even IEM package contents :wink: )

OTOH, their team is always very happy to answer your questions :D

other than that - pity the wty is 12, not 24 mths like with UM and Heir's top IEMs, and pity they no longer seem to do multicolored shells (e.g. clear body, colored faceplate... for free?) or do recessed sockets (I'm concerned not about easily disconnecting it - but more about bending the pins or cracking the IEM body near the flush socket. Tralucent were assuring me the pins are solid etc but idk)

lee, what's the length of the memory wire (connector to end of wire bit) and connector length on their westone like cable (not the one with round plugs)?

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #72 of 6,404
Quote:
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/epic-replacement-cables.html (heh, pretty sure stock westone cables have really short memory wire though)
do those fit for non believers? (no option to buy ex cable on the site :\ - don't like being pushed cables)
interesting - the site doesn't let you pick colors, faceplates, etc or mention sending impressions for customs. (or have a faq section or terms and conditions incl wty and refund ones, or even IEM package contents
wink.gif
)
OTOH, their team is always very happy to answer your questions
biggrin.gif

other than that - pity the wty is 12, not 24 mths like with UM and Heir's top IEMs, and pity they no longer seem to do multicolored shells (e.g. clear body, colored faceplate... for free?) or do recessed sockets (I'm concerned not about easily disconnecting it - but more about bending the pins or cracking the IEM body near the flush socket. Tralucent were assuring me the pins are solid etc but idk)
lee, what's the length of the memory wire (connector to end of wire bit) and connector length on their westone like cable (not the one with round plugs)?

If you are talking about a standard cable I'm not sure. I have a 6N Silver Cable and I haven't had a problem with the connectors. The design seems very good on this particular cable. I'd see it easily outlasting and IE8 cable for that matter. Now I wouldn't recommend constantly pulling the cable from the socket. Then again I wouldn't recommend doing that on the IE8 either :).

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #73 of 6,404
The Tralucent package arrived yesterday with the 1plus2 and the T1 amp.  The 1P2 came with the silver and gold cable.  I haven't been able to give it any extensive listening yet but at first blush, they have a very pleasant bass first signature with an open and spacious soundstage,  They really are nice looking!

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #74 of 6,404
Quote:
The Tralucent package arrived yesterday with the 1plus2 and the T1 amp.  The 1P2 came with the silver and gold cable.  I haven't been able to give it any extensive listening yet but at first blush, they have a very pleasant bass first signature with an open and spacious soundstage,  They really are nice looking!

Nice. Got the same package - should be coming around in a few weeks. Care to share some pics? Let us know how the top end sounds and also how you find isolation.

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #75 of 6,404
Quote:

If you are talking about a standard cable I'm not sure. I have a 6N Silver Cable and I haven't had a problem with the connectors. The design seems very good on this particular cable. I'd see it easily outlasting and IE8 cable for that matter. Now I wouldn't recommend constantly pulling the cable from the socket. Then again I wouldn't recommend doing that on the IE8 either :).

Hey Lee - any more comparisons with T1 amp and UHA-6S MKII?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back